Elgin city v Annan

Big game for Elgin this! It's been quite a frustrating stop/start season so far but we've managed to get enough descents results in amongst some howlers to keep us in the mix for a playoff position. If we can get a result against teams like Annan and QP at home we'll be in with a shout. Expect the same formation tomorrow so not expecting a lot of goals but hoping for City by the odd goal 1-0/2-1. 

Dear oh dear. That was tough on the eyes.

Annan don't play that much football, just seem to rely on stopping the opposition playing. That said, we didn't make that task too hard for them.. The system clearly wasn't working so what did we do?   Yup - stuck with it. Like-for-like subs pretty much.. Very frustrating.

In an Off the Ball stylee, as our team lost I'm not going to criticise the officials - but wow, just wow!

Typical Elgin, play good football, but can't score. Fairly even game with unfortunately a cracking goal which made the difference. Def a penalty IMO and a cracking save from Annan keeper at the very end stopped us from getting a point. Are the MotM sponsors told that it must go to a player living  in Elgin? Omar was immense yesterday, but it went  to  Cameron (who was decent), Farquhar was poor and I thought Byrne was better. I'm also happy with the defence. Need to score more.

I think playing this old team inspired Omar. He was excellent. Got to give credit to Annan who seemed to have two players on any City player who add the ball. We were never able to create any space on the ball in the attacking third. 

Oh what I would give for a few goals.

Archived