Juniors In At Tier 6

locheeboy

3 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Ginaro, its not for me to say we would be happy going to the LL. As it stands we would not entertain playing in the HL  .... The club will have to discuss a number of things including applying for a licence. The difficulty is not so  much the travelling but finance to allow you to compete ... look at Kelty appointing Barry Ferguson, that is not a cheap option and it tells me Kelty are looking to  kick on  to the SPFL. Fair play to them but that would be a step  too far for us in my opinion.  I'm getting on  a bit now maybe my ambitions are not what they should be but younger guys at the club might want to see how far they can go.

Thats why Im confused that the whole junior setup want to be in teir 6  Surely a lot of them will be happier playing local football.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Common sense (IMO) would be to split LL into East and West if its range extends beyond what it currently has.

The Junior superleagues were the perfect vessel for all of this, but for intransigence a decade ago.

I think that's where this will lead. Couple of years the majority of Tier 6 Lowland area clubs will have a licence.

1 minute ago, Wee Smiler said:

Thats why Im confused that the whole junior setup want to be in teir 6  Surely a lot of them will be happier playing local football.

I agree with you. A lot of the clubs that moved over will  never make it to  the LL in  fact some  of them never made it  to the SL 

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think that's where this will lead. Couple of years the majority of Tier 6 Lowland area clubs will have a licence.

Are you serious? Do you think the SPFL clubs are going to allow lots of new clubs in with the same voting rights? 

It's not an issue for Lochee ? If Blackburn make it to the LL and say a side from the SoS are also in it, would that be an issue regarding travel for Blackburn ?
This has hee haw to do with Blackburn. Ask Pumphy and Bathgate why its an issue and stop avoiding the point.

16 minutes ago, Wee Smiler said:

Are you serious? Do you think the SPFL clubs are going to allow lots of new clubs in with the same voting rights? 

The majority of the SFA clubs wise is already in favour of the non-league sides:  48 in the non-league and 42 in the SPFL. Dalkeith and Blackburn are already applying which will make it 50-42. Having the majority of the SFA be made up of non-league clubs doesn't really effect the SPFL except with regards to the Scottish Cup.

The SFA can't force the SPFL to change the format of their leagues or prize distribution for example. It's a bit of a non issue for them.

In fact the SPFL may like a 3 region set up at Tier 5 to avoid the automatic relegation argument for SPFL42. They accept 3 regions beneath them, in return the playoff becomes SPFL42/Highland/Lowland West/Lowland East.

Only a matter of time before there’s a LL Division 2.
A LL2 would help solve the issue of the LL being east dominated in terms of numbers (ofc due to a lack of west clubs in non-league pyramid & no juniors from west bothering to join). Assuming a LL2 was formed with an 8/8 balance (I'm counting SOS as west here) theres a higher chance of west teams moving up to solve the mentioned issue as its a single league vs competing with other feeders.

6 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Only a matter of time before there’s a LL Division 2.

That's the obvious way to get turkeys to vote for an early Christmas where more relegation spaces from the LL are concerned and helps get more of the top west clubs like Talbot and Beith where they should be more quickly rather than forcing things through a four way playoff.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

One club is Dundonald not a lot because they took the hump because they made a.mistake and we're punished for it

Making a lot of assumptions there alan.  Are you really as daft as you come across 

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That was because of cup draws you clown it used to happen in juniors when we had multiple cups. I missed most of last season because the juniors couldn't organise a piss up in a brewary. I have made it to more games this year because I could plan ando make sure I had a game to go to from work I could not do it in juniors. I also enjoyed going to a game under the lights midweek their at dunipace wouldn't happen in juniors. Sorry mate I'm happy and if Dundonald want to go back f**k them

Haha Take the crayons out your mouth min, your meant to write with them no eat them.

Av put on the eos pyramid thread what we feel.  Camelon seem to be doing well on and off the park at the moment a take it your not on the committee.

There’s a lot of good positive things being a club in the eos as there was a ersjfa member. 

Personally a would like a single top tier league in the east in the future so hopefully this announcement today can be the starting point to achieving this whatever association it is under taking the best practices from each association.

15 hours ago, Jason King said:

Thats true, although there is Kelty who have only recently moved,  say Kelty are relegated at the end of next season. They moved to the LL via the EoS  so you would think they would go back there but what happens if they decide that the East Superleague offers a more realistic chance of winning the league the following season and thus getting back to the LL and ask to be placed there as thats traditionally their league.

Can they ask to be relegated to a specific league?

in the tried and tested pyramid system down south you would be relegated to the league that you left from ..if not then the next closest I believe >Not 100 5 ideal but workable

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

in the tried and tested pyramid system down south you would be relegated to the league that you left from ..if not then the next closest I believe >Not 100 5 ideal but workable

In Germany the number of teams relegated is allowed to vary so that the sizes of leagues & divisions can be maintained or adjusted accordingly.

This has already been accepted here in terms of there being 1 or 2 relegations from the LL, dependent on the LL/HL/SPFL playoffs outcome.

In this extended pyramid, for example, if Linlithgow won promotion to the LL in playoffs v Talbot, Lochee & Threave, but Cumbernauld Colts were relegated, CC would go down to the West Premier and there would need to be 4 relegations to the West Championship (and so on) to maintain a league size of 16 clubs.

In case of the WR Premiership champions being promoted and no relegated club coming down, a decision will be needed as to whether there will be only 2 internal relegations or 4 clubs promoted.

This will require changes to the WRSJFA Constitution for season 2018-19 to recognise that either 2,3 or 4 clubs could be relegated and/or either 3 or 4 clubs promoted depending on circumstances. Other feeder leagues will need to make similar changes to their rules.

From over in the EOS forum. Source is an email from the EOS the poster has seen.

The latest development

Clubs may be aware of an e-mail about the Pyramid Working Group (PWG) which appears to have been distributed from the SJFA. This e-mail has been issued prematurely and does not reflect discussions that took place at last month’s PWG meeting. The next PWG meeting is in mid-November where matters will next be discussed."

Archived