Juniors In At Tier 6

locheeboy

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Do we f**k mate. Take organisation and planning over knowing ur fixture a week in advance any day only one i see moving back is dundonald

Organisation and planning ? Is that why two clubs played each other for three weeks running or the club who had played 10 games with seven away from home. Do you think those clubs were happy ?  I could mention other issues but not getting dragged into this. Stay where you are you are entitled to do that 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, locheeboy said:

Organisation and planning ? Is that why two clubs played each other for three weeks running or the club who had played 10 games with seven away from home. Do you think those clubs were happy ?  I could mention other issues but not getting dragged into this. Stay where you are you are entitled to do that 

That was because of cup draws you clown it used to happen in juniors when we had multiple cups. I missed most of last season because the juniors couldn't organise a piss up in a brewary. I have made it to more games this year because I could plan ando make sure I had a game to go to from work I could not do it in juniors. I also enjoyed going to a game under the lights midweek their at dunipace wouldn't happen in juniors. Sorry mate I'm happy and if Dundonald want to go back f**k them

8 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

One club is Dundonald not a lot because they took the hump because they made a.mistake and we're punished for it

Alan, what does it matter if it's a cup draw...this never happened to any club in Juniors in modern times, perhaps way back with cup replays . By the way I am anything but a clown,  I do like a laugh but never actually had the red nose and outfit to match.

2 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Alan, what does it matter if it's a cup draw...this never happened to any club in Juniors in modern times, perhaps way back with cup replays . By the way I am anything but a clown,  I do like a laugh but never actually had the red nose and outfit to match.

Used to happen with league cup sections. It happened numerous times where we played the club twice in a matter of weeks I'm pretty sure it was Dundonald played them home and away after about 8 games

Will be interesting to see what happens with the south of Tay clubs in the Superleague, whether they stick around or decide to move to the EOS. I mean, Fauldhouse or Whitburn are unlikely to win the league or gain promotion so might want to do less travelling to Tayside and be in a more competitive division. Same with a club like Rosyth who could have a local derby with Inverkeithing in the EOS.

2 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

My question is what happened to the whole grail of junior football the Scottish cup does that go out the window

I'd say that is up to the SJFA - whether they want to keep it for members only, devoid of the EOS teams, or open it up to tier 5/6. Could keep the trophy, though not sure about the Junior Cup name if all the clubs are in the senior pyramid.

2 hours ago, Nikos K said:

Does this now mean any tier six clubs that are licensed will be eligible for the senior Scottish cup? 

That is already the case, all licensed clubs outside of tier 5 enter in the preliminary round(s). Though now it should mean that clubs can remain in the East/West Superleague and get licensed.

34 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Correct ..simples really .should have been sorted years ago . 

If it was done a few years ago "sorted" would mean the merger of 12 EOS and 60 ERSJFA teams - not a 39/36 split.

18 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Two of the three were cup games, the third one was a league game and should've been avoided yes. Bo'ness have played 7 cup games and been drawn away from home in 5 of those,  unfortunately that's the way it goes.

BTW I like how you don't start at the beginning of the season, as it doesn't help your cause - they've played 7 home and 7 away since 28 July.

6 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

6th August 2016 we lost 1-0 @ Dundonald 22nd of October we drew 3-3 @ home I'm. Sure we hadn't completed half of our league campaign by then

7 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Last year Tayport had from 4/11 to 10/3 a run of games that was: HHHHHAHHHH.

Almost a joke.

Larry this document does clearly state the east super champs would be in the playoff for the lowland.

Why no mention that the qualifying line must have been moved as far north as brechin vics.

Fantastic I assume for lochee as I know you are particularly not keen on progressing to the highland league. Is the lowland more palatable ?

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with the south of Tay clubs in the Superleague, whether they stick around or decide to move to the EOS. I mean, Fauldhouse or Whitburn are unlikely to win the league or gain promotion so might want to do less travelling to Tayside and be in a more competitive division. Same with a club like Rosyth who could have a local derby with Inverkeithing in the EOS.

Pumpherston refused promotion to Superleague and Bathgate elected to go to the South, leaving Whitburn to fill the void.   Pumpherston look certain to win the South, will they accept promotion to a Tayside dominated Superleague where the only local games are Fauldhouse and Whitburn (if neither relegated).  It makes no sense.

The lure off the juniors is massive .still getting a huge imput from people associated with clubs outside junior football . STILL THE BIGGEST SHOW IN NON LEAGUE SCOTLAND . 

BTW .enjoy the cup final alan .great achievement in first year of SENIOR football .

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Larry this document does clearly state the east super champs would be in the playoff for the lowland.

Why no mention that the qualifying line must have been moved as far north as brechin vics.

Al , all I know is what is I have been told plus what is in the email also if any Tayside club should win the final play off it would get them into the LL.  I am at a loss as to why some folk think the EoS should be the only route and Tayside clubs should be sent to the Highlands.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Pumpherston refused promotion to Superleague and Bathgate elected to go to the South, leaving Whitburn to fill the void.   Pumpherston look certain to win the South, will they accept promotion to a Tayside dominated Superleague where the only local games are Fauldhouse and Whitburn (if neither relegated).  It makes no sense.

Lochee United played in a SL that was dominated by south clubs. We never moaned about the travel or costs related to it. Was it making sense then ? 

Just now, Burnie_man said:
2 minutes ago, locheeboy said:
Lochee United played in a SL that was dominated by south clubs. We never moaned about the travel or costs related to it. Was it making sense then ? 

Well clearly it's an issue whether you like it or not.

It's not an issue for Lochee ? If Blackburn make it to the LL and say a side from the SoS are also in it, would that be an issue regarding travel for Blackburn ?

11 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Al , all I know is what is I have been told plus what is in the email also if any Tayside club should win the final play off it would get them into the LL.  I am at a loss as to why some folk think the EoS should be the only route and Tayside clubs should be sent to the Highlands.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Rules-Version-8.pdf

p22

5 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

It's not an issue for Lochee ? If Blackburn make it to the LL and say a side from the SoS are also in it, would that be an issue regarding travel for Blackburn ?

There's already three sides from the SOS area in the LL and a couple from the Borders - would Lochee be happy with that travel?

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Just now, Ginaro said:

There's already three sides from the SOS area in the LL and a couple from the Borders - would Lochee be happy with that travel?

good question but it looks like the asumption is that Dundee and tay side will be in the LL with a revised border. seems sensible

2 minutes ago, Wee Smiler said:

good question but it looks like the asumption is that Dundee and tay side will be in the LL with a revised border. seems sensible

Common sense (IMO) would be to split LL into East and West if its range extends beyond what it currently has.

The Junior superleagues were the perfect vessel for all of this, but for intransigence a decade ago.

Ginaro, its not for me to say we would be happy going to the LL. As it stands we would not entertain playing in the HL  .... The club will have to discuss a number of things including applying for a licence. The difficulty is not so  much the travelling but finance to allow you to compete ... look at Kelty appointing Barry Ferguson, that is not a cheap option and it tells me Kelty are looking to  kick on  to the SPFL. Fair play to them but that would be a step  too far for us in my opinion.  I'm getting on  a bit now maybe my ambitions are not what they should be but younger guys at the club might want to see how far they can go.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Common sense (IMO) would be to split LL into East and West if its range extends beyond what it currently has.

The Junior superleagues were the perfect vessel for all of this, but for intransigence a decade ago.

fair point byt it will take  time for their to be enough licenced teams to make 2 LL divisions

Archived