Juniors In At Tier 6

locheeboy

8 hours ago, Viewparker said:

I don’t think you see my argument here. I I agree with you, there is no pleasure had with clubs struggling but others talk about the pyramid as if it’s the be all and end all. When that’s the case  I think it’s reasonable   to point out the deficiencies. 

If Eyemouth were a leading club at the pointy end of the pyramid, you'd have a point. As they are very much one of the weaker foundation stones in the basement, you don't.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

A system is only as strong as its weakest point. If foundations are unstable then so is the structure. 

It's looking just like a similar situation with what happened with Tweedmouth Rangers earlier in the season. In need of a new manager, so the committee have struggled to get a squad together or decided it's easier to call it off in advance of getting someone in.

https://www.eosfl.com/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=230

With this being a 3rd Borders club to have had issues this year, it's perhaps indicative of the current state of Borders football rather than be representative of EoSFL or the pyramid as a whole.

“Lost” would suggest they cease to exist , that only applies to Selkirk in the LL and possibly others in the EOSL so far this year. 
Lost, left, resigned, buggered off. By your measure a very unstable structure that clubs dont want to play in, including the last two East Superleague Champs.

Meanwhile Eyemouth fail to raise a team for one game due to manager leaving. Not really comparable.

Has Viewparker worked out yet that this "unstable" structure is what all Junior teams in the West and East are joining next season?

Sorry for hitting a nerve there. 
My argument is not that the new system does not have many positives it is that the negatives are overlooked.  That mind set allows posters to come on to a “Joonyur” forum and patronise and degenerate the grade that the majority of us here on P and B support. This them and us is not as black and white as some would like to portray and it’s this I’m calling out. 
Grow a thicker skin then, it's only an internet forum.

Leagues losing clubs is nothing new, the old Central League lost a whole raft of clubs from the east end of Glasgow in the 60's and 70's due to redevelopment of the area.  Quite a few have come and gone in Fife over the years although a few new clubs have come in. The only region with a lot of new clubs coming into the juniors was the North region and generally speaking few have made any impact at all nationally. It has always been that way and no doubt it will continue.

If you apply that logic then Junior football, which has just lost 25 members, is very very unstable

There are still 129 clubs in junior football all competitions in the East Region are sponsored with an additional new sponsor for the league cup and a new sponsor has been found for the Scottish Junior Cup. This would indicate that despite the loss of 25 clubs that junior football is very stable

16 hours ago, daleboy1969 said:

Another saturday .another team that cant fullfill a fixture .well organised they said. Better quality they said .chance to better ourselves they said . Its a glorified pub league  and the cracks are as wide as the forth estuary . 

It's never happened in the juniors. Happened just last year with Johnston burgh in the Scottish you w**k

1 hour ago, Vollyman said:

There are still 129 clubs in junior football all competitions in the East Region are sponsored with an additional new sponsor for the league cup and a new sponsor has been found for the Scottish Junior Cup. This would indicate that despite the loss of 25 clubs that junior football is very stable

Not necessarily next season. Even ifor juniors join pyramid it will be in name only. WI'll the junior cup cause same fixture issues next year if the Juniors are in the pyramid it cant. The junior clubs voted to join the pyramid so you lose your rules and have to have the season finished in time for the playoffs. We are all non league football clubs let's get them in. At no point have I slated clubs if it was the clubs we wouldn't want you to join. It's this notion of us being in separate associations.  If junior football was the way forward and all thwm join it would be fine but that's not the waye it is. I loved being junior but I'm enjoying again the organisation of knowing fixtures getting too games instead of missing most of a season. 

I'm just applying the same logic used by Viewparker to have a pop at the EoS/Pyramid.

On 02/11/2018 at 21:18, Billy XBoswell said:

Just read some of these comments re Bonnyton Thistle,  some fair & some unreasonable imo

Just some facts for you to consider lads:

Team is only in its second season (and doing okay)

All players are on Ammie Contracts, in fact they were paying monthly subs last season

Club has just invested in new clubhouse/changing rooms/treatment room

Majority of team have come through their youth system & they also have a successful U20s, they also regularly involve 

Youth players in senior squad ..... U17s GK was used recently

One of their current players was approached by a senior club end last season to sign but chose to stay & one of the main reasons was due to the high caliber coaching he was receiving 

Again in my opinion I think they have what I have seen a good future and what appears to be a very determined & well focussed committee & coaching staff

From what I have seen this squad can certainly give a few Junior teams a good challenge, so I would be quick to write them off

Some good information there Billy.

To be honest I do like what they are doing and trying to achieve.

Best of luck to them.

Archived