Juniors In At Tier 6

locheeboy

1 hour ago, the chimp house said:

Surely once you get to the top of the spl for example celtic or the top of the english premiership i.e. man city then there is nowhere to go either. 

Well that means you're a national champion - and not a regional one like in the juniors. Although, there is still somewhere to go as you can try to win the continental championship (Champions League) and after that try to claim the Club World Cup and become the best in the world. :)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/10/2018 at 22:09, Vollyman said:

Oh dear toys out of the pram hahaha

If Everyone joined EOSFL that could be your league for next season. Nice and local and could generate interest

Division 1 West

1. Whitburn Juniors

2. Fauldhouse United

3. Pumpherston Juniors          

4. Armadale Thistle

5. West Calder United

6. Bathgate Thistle

7. Stoneyburn Juniors

8. Harthill Royal

9. Dunipace FC

10. Stirling Uni EOSFL

11. Blackburn United

12. Livingston United

13. Craigroyston

14. Syngenta FC

On 30/10/2018 at 16:40, energyzone said:
On 29/10/2018 at 20:09, FairWeatherFan said:
I think that the SoS merging with the West Region would happen eventually in some way. It could end up being something along the lines of the old West Region set up with bigger league sizes. 2x Region wide, 2x Central District, now 2x Ayrshire District/SoS.
As for wanting to play region wide i'm sure the likes of Dalbeattie Star, Threave Rovers and Bonnyton Thistle would want to be a part of a fluid system. Pre-Lowland Dalbeattie and Threave ran teams in the EoS because it was a better standard, then they would both be founding members of the Lowland League.
Dalbeattie are still a Lowland League side. While Threave get knocked for accepting relegation, they did it with the plan to rebuild and get back with a team capable of competing. As for Bonnyton i'm not sure why else they signed up if they didn't want to get as high as they could go.

Bonnyton signed up to provide the complete pathway from boys club to senior. It'll be interesting to see whether they want to join a West league now that there appears to be one on the way, and if so would they be admitted straight into the top league given they are already a tier 6 club?

They wouldn’t be there long, they’re not good enough for the bottom league in the West. There are better amateur teams out there and most players are not junior class.

1 minute ago, iPhone said:

They wouldn’t be there long, they’re not good enough for the bottom league in the West. There are better amateur teams out there and most players are not junior class.

Their results in the South Challenge Cup have been 1-3 v BSC Glasgow and 2-3 v Preston Athletic in the last two seasons - not West Premiership class but surely better than League Two?

I think if the South of Scotland League is to be connected to the west setup it needs to be further down the pyramid and the SOS winners should play off against a west team so that there is a comparison of quality before gaining promotion.

6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Their results in the South Challenge Cup have been 1-3 v BSC Glasgow and 2-3 v Preston Athletic in the last two seasons - not West Premiership class but surely better than League Two?

I think if the South of Scotland League is to be connected to the west setup it needs to be further down the pyramid and the SOS winners should play off against a west team so that there is a comparison of quality before gaining promotion.

Probably league 1. They probably are better than league 2. No higher than that.

On 10/31/2018 at 23:51, Ginaro said:

Yeah, if the current West juniors go across "as is" I'd imagine anyone looking to switch leagues to there would probably join at the bottom a la Montrose Roselea switching to the North.

With all due respect and after having seen them play a few times, if Bonnyton were dropped into the current West top league it would be a turkey shoot unless they made a huge investment in the playing staff.

On 31/10/2018 at 15:06, AlanCamelonfan said:

If Everyone joined EOSFL that could be your league for next season. Nice and local and could generate interest

Division 1 West

1. Whitburn Juniors

2. Fauldhouse United

3. Pumpherston Juniors          

4. Armadale Thistle

5. West Calder United

6. Bathgate Thistle

7. Stoneyburn Juniors

8. Harthill Royal

9. Dunipace FC

10. Stirling Uni EOSFL

11. Blackburn United

12. Livingston United

13. Craigroyston

14. Syngenta FC

Another saturday .another team that cant fullfill a fixture .well organised they said. Better quality they said .chance to better ourselves they said . Its a glorified pub league  and the cracks are as wide as the forth estuary . 

Another saturday .another team that cant fullfill a fixture .well organised they said. Better quality they said .chance to better ourselves they said . Its a glorified pub league  and the cracks are as wide as the forth estuary . 
Yep the whole house of cards is about to tumble and we'll all be turning to the saviour that is TJ to guide us through the dark times.

43 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Sorry, Could you confirm who can’t fulfil their fixture and why. I made a similar comment when Selkirk folded and got little comment. Many tell us how good it is but don’t reflect on their deficiencies. 

Sorry, Could you confirm who can’t fulfil their fixture and why. I made a similar comment when Selkirk folded and got little comment. Many tell us how good it is but don’t reflect on their deficiencies. 
Eyemouth United due to a lack of players. Tweedmouth couldnt fufill a game earlier for similar issues but they have resolved their issues as far as I can tell.

19 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
28 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Eyemouth United due to a lack of players. Tweedmouth couldnt fufill a game earlier for similar issues but they have resolved their issues as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

So the New Jerusalem is a bit of a shambles then. I’m not surprised. 

Its important to consider this season is a bit of an anomoly because of its transitional nature with accomodating all the move overs. Neither side have scratched before & their situations wouldn't compare to Selkirk which in large part was a club being financially wreckless. Obviously clubs being unable to fufil fixtures is never a good thing. I expect the cases to be one offs & the clubs will find themselves placed at a more suitable sub-regional level come next season.

Also its not like clubs scratching never happens in the juniors. Coupar Angus did so in this seasons junior cup as did Saltcoats last season.

On 31/10/2018 at 22:07, iPhone said:

Just read some of these comments re Bonnyton Thistle,  some fair & some unreasonable imo

Just some facts for you to consider lads:

Team is only in its second season (and doing okay)

All players are on Ammie Contracts, in fact they were paying monthly subs last season

Club has just invested in new clubhouse/changing rooms/treatment room

Majority of team have come through their youth system & they also have a successful U20s, they also regularly involve 

Youth players in senior squad ..... U17s GK was used recently

One of their current players was approached by a senior club end last season to sign but chose to stay & one of the main reasons was due to the high caliber coaching he was receiving 

Again in my opinion I think they have what I have seen a good future and what appears to be a very determined & well focussed committee & coaching staff

From what I have seen this squad can certainly give a few Junior teams a good challenge, so I wouldn’t be quick to write them off

2 hours ago, daleboy1969 said:

You really are a halfwit :lol:

59 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Also its not like clubs scratching never happens in the juniors. Coupar Angus did so in this seasons junior cup as did Saltcoats last season.

Islavale also refused to enter last seasons Junior Cup. Harthil Royal had to take 2 seasons out the game completely. Crossgates had their issues and had to withdraw halfway through a season not so long ago (and are recovering well in the EoS),  Steelend Vics & Ballingry folded, Forfar West End had to withdraw from the Superleague.

All leagues have weaker clubs who sometimes struggle.

57 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Coupar Angus did so in this seasons junior cup

I'm sure they played a game earlier on this season with ten men as well.

2 hours ago, daleboy1969 said:

Who the f**k said that the EOS teams were better quality?

Archived