Juniors In At Tier 6

locheeboy

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Burnie I know you massively object to the possibilty of 2 organisations at Level 6 in the same geographical area.

However assuming the East Region Juniors were absorbed/amalgamated with the EOS, you surely would have no real argument with the "boundary" being shifted to Junior extremities ?

This would be Brechin vics as the most northerly point.

As the lower reaches of the "new expanded EOS" would surely be geographical anyway ?

If Tayside get lumped into a merged EoS/ERJFA then fair enough, the bigger and more important issue is addressed.

My only observation about moving the boundary further north is it shoves far too many teams into the LL area, the HL area needs more teams to p[rovide a fair balance. Otherwise, you need to look at LL West and LL East.  However as a short term measure I don't actually have any objections to it.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If Tayside get lumped into a merged EoS/ERJFA then fair enough, the bigger and more important issue is addressed.

My only observation about moving the boundary further north is it shoves far too many teams into the LL area, the HL area needs more teams to p[rovide a fair balance. Otherwise, you need to look at LL West and LL East.  However as a short term measure I don't actually have any objections to it.

And if you did have objections what could you do about it ?

I'd also suggest that if the east boundary is moved to include the Tayside clubs, the SOS should be forced to take part in the west region setup. Quite simply if the east can't have two leagues below the LL, neither should the west. It simplifies the LL play-off into an west v east, or it could even be automatic promotion for both at a later date. Of course it depends on whether some of the SOS teams want to play regionwide - if not then it can just sit at the bottom alongside West League Two.

"All over" =  a thread on the EoS forum and an occasional post over here :rolleyes:
Ok my bad. Maybe a wee bit of exaggeration on my behalf. But you've certainly been busy responding to various comments on the threads.

As an outsider it's quite entertaining.

Ps. I was paying you a compliment earlier, not hounding you lol

6 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Ok my bad. Maybe a wee bit of exaggeration on my behalf. But you've certainly been busy responding to various comments on the threads.

As an outsider it's quite entertaining.

Ps. I was paying you a compliment earlier, not hounding you lol

Fair enough, my only point in all of this is that we get a structure next season that benefits everyone, not a clusterfuck that just leads to more rumblings for years to come.

12 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I'd also suggest that if the east boundary is moved to include the Tayside clubs, the SOS should be forced to take part in the west region setup. Quite simply if the east can't have two leagues below the LL, neither should the west. It simplifies the LL play-off into an west v east, or it could even be automatic promotion for both at a later date. Of course it depends on whether some of the SOS teams want to play regionwide - if not then it can just sit at the bottom alongside West League Two.

I think that the SoS merging with the West Region would happen eventually in some way. It could end up being something along the lines of the old West Region set up with bigger league sizes. 2x Region wide, 2x Central District, now 2x Ayrshire District/SoS.

As for wanting to play region wide i'm sure the likes of Dalbeattie Star, Threave Rovers and Bonnyton Thistle would want to be a part of a fluid system. Pre-Lowland Dalbeattie and Threave ran teams in the EoS because it was a better standard, then they would both be founding members of the Lowland League.

Dalbeattie are still a Lowland League side. While Threave get knocked for accepting relegation, they did it with the plan to rebuild and get back with a team capable of competing. As for Bonnyton i'm not sure why else they signed up if they didn't want to get as high as they could go.

So Armadale would accept promotion to play in Tayside rather than at worst edinburgh 

Just get your facts right before you make comments about clubs. The decision will be made when the situation arises by the elected members of Armadale Thistle committee.

Just get your facts right before you make comments about clubs. The decision will be made when the situation arises by the elected members of Armadale Thistle committee.

Btw I do not think Tweedmouth ,Coldstream or Eyemouth are districts of Edinburgh

55 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Well if that's your attitude stay in the fucking Joonyurs out the road of the people who are trying to drag the game forward

A few points to make .last season pumpherston started the season looking for promotion to tbe premier lwague . Events turned and the club had an option , they chose to play in the new premier south . This season it appears they are happy to play for promotion to the superleague ( going by there run away rresults) if thdy are joined by another west lothian club and the existing west lothian clubs avoid relegation makes 4 west lothian clubs .at least one other could be in the promotion fight the following season .brings a balance to the league . No club will turn down promotion . It was said that clubs left the juniors to fulfill ambitions . That in mind do all these clubs think they are good enough for the scottish football league ( if not what does the pyramid really offer) the harsh fact is 99% of non league clubs are not good enough on or off the field to join spfl. Finally a very good non league man once said he could guarantee 200 fivers thru the prestonfield turnstyle but wouldnt bet on getting 100 tenners , on saturday albion rovers charged £13 adults , £6concessions and £2 under 16 .do clubs honestly believe there traditional supporters would pay these prices .WERE NOT DINOSAURS WERE REALISTS .

9 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

A few points to make .last season pumpherston started the season looking for promotion to tbe premier lwague . Events turned and the club had an option , they chose to play in the new premier south . This season it appears they are happy to play for promotion to the superleague ( going by there run away rresults) if thdy are joined by another west lothian club and the existing west lothian clubs avoid relegation makes 4 west lothian clubs .at least one other could be in the promotion fight the following season .brings a balance to the league . No club will turn down promotion . It was said that clubs left the juniors to fulfill ambitions . That in mind do all these clubs think they are good enough for the scottish football league ( if not what does the pyramid really offer) the harsh fact is 99% of non league clubs are not good enough on or off the field to join spfl. Finally a very good non league man once said he could guarantee 200 fivers thru the prestonfield turnstyle but wouldnt bet on getting 100 tenners , on saturday albion rovers charged £13 adults , £6concessions and £2 under 16 .do clubs honestly believe there traditional supporters would pay these prices .WERE NOT DINOSAURS WERE REALISTS .

But no one's charging that lowland league or even eosfl premiership. So be £6 just the same. As far as my club has been conerned it's been like a rebirth. Remember being junior next year you have to abide by sfa rules in pyramid not your own

58 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Btw I do not think Tweedmouth ,Coldstream or Eyemouth are districts of Edinburgh

I'm not sure Armadale would end up in a league with those clubs due to the number of clubs South and East of Edinburgh. There's 29 of those clubs with Heriot-Watt University being the most Westerly. Tweedmouth, Coldstream and Eyemouth based on current and historical performance are likely to end up in the bottom tier more often than not. Unless that's a region wide division, geographically I reckon those 3 and Armadale would be kept apart.

17 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

You have actually just used the same excuses the dinosaurs used with us that and travelling dispite our travel being on average 20 miles less per game and we have st andrews in our league 

19 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

But no one's charging that lowland league or even eosfl premiership. So be £6 just the same. As far as my club has been conerned it's been like a rebirth. Remember being junior next year you have to abide by sfa rules in pyramid not your own

The lowland league is not the spfl .the point of the pyramid is to rise to the top .so as you admit this is not your clubs aim .then you are not totally commited to the pyramid .however like most the lure of a big pay day from the BIG scottish cup if sfa membership is successfull .i fully believe non league football needs better facilities, our club are committed to this .but can you truthfully say that facilities in your new surroundings are better than left behind .

5 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

The lowland league is not the spfl .the point of the pyramid is to rise to the top .so as you admit this is not your clubs aim .then you are not totally commited to the pyramid .however like most the lure of a big pay day from the BIG scottish cup if sfa membership is successfull .i fully believe non league football needs better facilities, our club are committed to this .but can you truthfully say that facilities in your new surroundings are better than left behind .

They are and will be. We got new toilet in for starts we got funds for new ramps through lotto funding so we are on our way. Sorry mate not what you want to hear that we were reborn had we stayed we probably wouldn't have a club going to Tayside every 2nd week as I'm sure we wouldn't have the committee we have. Obviously you have to be realistic to your aims I'd love to see how fae we can goffer butd realistically that's the Lowland League it is for most. Down south you think because teams no vanarama national is there level that they stop playing no they don't they do their best. But for me the juniors is done. It was great and I loved every minute but yous shouldn't be mucking it up for us which for me yous are. Yous should be joining us or staying out of pyramid. West and Tayside are different as there's no where for them to go.

Archived