Juniors In At Tier 6

locheeboy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I got the email at lunchtime but didn't feel it was my place to share it until somebody else did. This is very good news in my opinion.

Yes, seems about as realistic  an arrangement as possible at this stage.  Some won't be pleased at all but it allows the Juniors to retain their identity to an extent without the "ambitious" sides being trapped in the grade. 

will be interesting to see the details of promotion/ relegation between 5 and 6 as I would hope it allows a couple of Junior sides promotion rather than loads of teams vying for a single slot. 

A fantastic result for the West,

Been bumping my gums for months that the format of the West that started this season  was perfect for full on integration into the pyramid - also means we'll get full season fixture lists and a modern and appropriate disciplinary process. HURRAH! Clubs will be Senior in all but name, those who hang their hats on being "Junior" can still convince themselves they are whilst those of us with a moden outlook will look forward to the day when a West team makes the SPFL.

Suspect there will be blood in the East but pleased that those clubs that looked to better themselves last season by moving on from the Juniors have essentially changed the landscape of Scottish non league football forever.

Just now, Shanner said:

will be interesting to see the details of promotion/ relegation between 5 and 6 as I would hope it allows a couple of Junior sides promotion rather than loads of teams vying for a single slot. 

The way the email reads is that there will be 4 leagues at Tier 6 - (SoS, WoS, EoS, ESuper) - with there being one current relegation spot in the LL that will surely have to change to allow a more fluid membership of the Lowland League.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

Already posted on the EOS forum but to repeat:

Surely the EOS and its members can not be okay with this. If I was a supporter of an EOS club I'd want my club and association to raise high hell about this.

..and what about all of those clubs in the East that fall into the Highland League area? Imagine if Pollok win the WoS next season and are denied promotion to the LL after losing a playoff to Forfar West End  or Broughty (for example) - how would that be fair?

Has the HL/LL dividing line been moved?

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

Also with no 'junior' teams in the LL relegation becomes messy.

Thats true, although there is Kelty who have only recently moved,  say Kelty are relegated at the end of next season. They moved to the LL via the EoS  so you would think they would go back there but what happens if they decide that the East Superleague offers a more realistic chance of winning the league the following season and thus getting back to the LL and ask to be placed there as thats traditionally their league.

Can they ask to be relegated to a specific league?

2 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Thats true, although there is Kelty who have only recently moved,  say Kelty are relegated at the end of next season. They moved to the LL via the EoS  so you would think they would go back there but what happens if they decide that the East Superleague offers a more realistic chance of winning the league the following season and thus getting back to the LL and ask to be placed there as thats traditionally their league.

wow !

thats a fair point !

12 minutes ago, Jason King said:

The way the email reads is that there will be 4 leagues at Tier 6 - (SoS, WoS, EoS, ESuper) - with there being one current relegation spot in the LL that will surely have to change to allow a more fluid membership of the Lowland League.

for me that's a bit restrictive. If we're going ahead with this then it will hopefully be organised to reflect the strength top end of the Tier 6 v's the bottom end of Tier 5.  Decent sides shouldn't have to wait an eternity for their turn. 

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

The current agreement is that the LL/EOS/SOS leagues okay everything at the start of the season. I imagine it's a case of the clubs nominate their league and then it either gets okay'd or knocked back.

20 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Already posted on the EOS forum but to repeat:

Surely the EOS and its members can not be okay with this. If I was a supporter of an EOS club I'd want my club and association to raise high hell about this.

What is there to raise high hell about ? Do you guys in the EoS think you are better than the Juniors  ?  

What is there to raise high hell about ? Do you guys in the EoS think you are better than the Juniors  ?  

Quality isn't the issue. The issue is two leagues covering the same geographical area. Clubs joined the EOS on the understanding it was the sole league in the pyramid for clubs within the east. Why should there be two leagues covering one area all because of archaic divides over grades.

28 minutes ago, Jason King said:

A fantastic result for the West,

Been bumping my gums for months that the format of the West that started this season  was perfect for full on integration into the pyramid - also means we'll get full season fixture lists and a modern and appropriate disciplinary process. HURRAH! Clubs will be Senior in all but name, those who hang their hats on being "Junior" can still convince themselves they are whilst those of us with a moden outlook will look forward to the day when a West team makes the SPFL.

Suspect there will be blood in the East but pleased that those clubs that looked to better themselves last season by moving on from the Juniors have essentially changed the landscape of Scottish non league football forever.

Why should there be blood in the East ? EoS winner will go into the play off with the ERJFA winner, WRJFA and the SoS winners. No blood needing to be spilled

24 minutes ago, qwerty said:

The talk was all league winners would playoff for the chance to play bottom club in league above , don't know if this is correct

You'll probably not have to worry about that end of the table for a wee while Querty, ...it doesn't look as if Ladeside will even be in the top division for the start of the 2019 / 20 season. :( 

Archived