Airdrie vs. Stenhousemuir

Montrose are a poor side, but that was a big win for us last week.  We look a lot better with Duffy back in, and hopefully Murray will have them better organised.  We need to start catching up with the teams ahead of us, so hoping (unsurprisingly) for a win here.

How are the Stenny fans feeling about this one?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking to win with 11 men when we did win with 10 is the height of my hopes. If Stenny have a bit more dig  up front than Montrose last week, then I hope our back four are alert. Murray may have seen enough to decide whether the same 11 starts. I suspect Gallagher may drop out for Cairns again. Playing teams below us should be vital to win but I remember we played in a similar scenario and lost 5-0 to Stenny!

Not fantastic, to be honest. We were not good against Forfar Athletic and we'll need to see a drastic improvement in areas such as running and tackling if we're going to have any impact in this match. I imagine Airdrie will be feeling freshened up with Ian Murray's arrival while we're a little down in the dumps.

It would be nice to take something from this game but given we haven't scored an away goal all season, it's looking unlikely.

We have been creating some chances but not putting them away and the lack of an away goal so far this season is worrying.  There is also a tendncy on our players not to tackle a player until they are in our box and by then we are in danger. We need to get early tackles in and make our presence felt. 

If our first half team shows up then we will get a skelping but if our second half team shows up we may get a goaless draw.

I'd be tempted to bring Kieran Gibbons into the starting XI and have him screen the defence alongside Mark Ferry. Gibbons can be a little impetuous but if Ferry can coach him through the match we should have a decent screen to protect the defence and allow Harry Paton (who I hope has returned from his head injury) to carry us up the park and create chances for Mark McGuigan and whoever else is partnered in attack.

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

Never get's old for these lads....

image.png.7c4fd2751e3bbfbc5dc70b9742acd6a4.png

Genuinely.......we could give away a pound to every attendee and we'd still not fill the fucking stadium.

At least you will not be banned from the stand like we were and dumped behind the closely guarded safety line behind the goal. I suspect 16 quid is still the price paid almost four years ago as well. I think East Fife is the same this season? But it is true that £15 would not see many more away nor "home" fans. What would you think is reasonable for entry? How much is Stenny for adults?

15 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

At least you will not be banned from the stand like we were and dumped behind the closely guarded safety line behind the goal. I suspect 16 quid is still the price paid almost four years ago as well. I think East Fife is the same this season? But it is true that £15 would not see many more away nor "home" fans. What would you think is reasonable for entry? How much is Stenny for adults?

We're £15.

Airdrie at £16. Stenny are £13 and everyone else in the league is £15.

You're right though, I remember Airdrie's prices were seen as ridiculous compared to the rest of the league a few years ago but most clubs have more or less caught up.

Lookin forward to the game today, be interesting to see what line up the new gaffer goes with, don't think it will be massively different to last week but I'm expecting a far tighter game then last weeks.
Airdries underwhelming home form and stennys fighting spirit may result in a sh*te hard fought game, I just hope we've got enough about us and enough of a will to impress Murray to see this out and actually win 2 in a row, unthinkable weeks ago!

I’m looking forward to the game after missing last weeks. Given confidence will be up with a solid win last week and new manager in we should see a return of some fans to boost the crowd.

Historically, this would usually lead is to blowing the opportunity to retain them by getting pumped. Hoping it’s a different story today. 

3-0 Airdrie.  

Really looking forward to it today. To borrow the title of the Airdrieonians thread, it’s the second coming of the new era. With that comes a renewed sense of optimism. Hopefully get a decent crowd in, a good performance and another win.

I'm absolutely delighted with the win and I look forward to reading the comments from those who attended the game.

It's very tight in League 1 just now - just four points separate fourth place from 10th!

It was a very very tight game, devoid of any real quality tbh. Couple of half chances either way, Smith made a fantastic point blank save from a header from a corner near the end of the first half.

Couple of meaty challenges from the stenny no. 16(?) And a disallowed Airdrie goal (offside and it was at the stenny side of the stand so i've no idea if it was). My 3 year old decided he needed a pee on 86 mins so we exited the toilet to see a stream of Airdrie fans exiting to find out it was 0-1.

A battling, hardy performance by the visitors, only really Victoria looking lively for Airdrie.

Apologies I can't really add more, my fingers are still defrosting.

That was very, very poor today. Absolutely embarrassing to be quite honest. There's so many players in that team that don't deserve to be there but none more so than Grant Gallagher. One can only imagine the shite that Conroy that would get if he put in performance after performance the way that man does.

Onto the game. We didn't utilise Victoria anyway where near enough today and one time in particular he did get onto the ball he was cynically chopped down in what should've resulted in a red card. In a game of very few chances, I'd have to see the goal that was chopped off again to pass judgment other than how delightful the chip into the back post was. Stenny took their goal very well and somehow managed to win a game that I felt that they didn't really try to win.

Archived