Airdrie vs. Stenhousemuir

thought that yesterdays game was a massive improvement on last weeks loss to forfar athletic 

Airdrie did get very unlucky in the last 10 minutes when they scored but the linesman put his flag up i was sitting in line with play at the time and the linesman has had a shocker nobody was offside but i'm not complaining. The effort that we put in after the goal was disallowed was amazing and Guigsey deserved his goal with what looked like a very good finish. 

It was good to see young Conor McBrearty getting in the starting 11 this week to make his professional debut he looked very solid alongside Donaldson and Neill he maybe could have been sent off in the early stages off the match for a bad tackle 

Harry Paton replaced gibbons around the 60th minute and he is not the the player he used to be last season i'm not sure if this is because he was trying to impress us last season as he didn't have a club but he has one now so he feels he can walk around the pitch there was a couple of time when the ball fell to him in the air and he turned his back to it and didn't contest for this to be fair to him his football ability is very good and he will take players on for fun at times 

it could have been 2-0 straight after we scored our first when we went on a counter attack that saw us have Colin and Harry against one defender and the keeper paton decided to have a shot instead of rolling it through to Colin and the shot hit the back of the stand 

overall i'm very happy with the win and i'm looking forward to Stranraer next week 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie did get very unlucky in the last 10 minutes when they scored but the linesman put his flag up i was sitting in line with play at the time and the linesman has had a shocker nobody was offside but i'm not complaining.

I'm generally pretty honest with these things and if I saw an offside I'd call it but at the time I hadn't seen anyone look offside however just assumed there was maybe someone that had strayed and was interfering with play or that my angle from behind our dugout wasn't best. Pretty fucking annoyed now though if that was the case.

Having watched the match highlights, that's some outstanding defending from Airdrieonians at the Stenhousemuir goal. First, Kevin O'Hara, one of the shortest players on the park, is allowed to win a header inside the box, and then the ball bounces through three defenders and into the path of Mark McGuigan for a straightforward finish. Cheers!

Having watched the match highlights, that's some outstanding defending from Airdrieonians at the Stenhousemuir goal. First, Kevin O'Hara, one of the shortest players on the park, is allowed to win a header inside the box, and then the ball bounces through three defenders and into the path of Mark McGuigan for a straightforward finish. Cheers!
Substitute "stenhousemuir goal" for most other teams in the league, and you're building up a wonderful picture of the season so far.

A couple of weeks ago it seemed that the league was beginning to stretch out but now it is as tight as it ever was. Just demonstrates how important a couple of wins are and how damaging a couple of defeats can be. It is impossible to predict.

Archived