Airdrie vs. Stenhousemuir

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was almost as bad as the last home game against Brechin. After last weeks decent performance, normal service was resumed today. Maybe it wasn’t Mr Findlay’s fault after all. Maybe, just maybe the players aren’t up to the job. Then again, he signed them.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm absolutely delighted with the win and I look forward to reading the comments from those who attended the game.

It's very tight in League 1 just now - just four points separate fourth place from 10th!

Just before we scored I was talking about how other results mean we will finish the day bottom of the table. Now looking at the table thinking only 3 points off 4th.

As I've said from the start of the season,  that's a group of bang average players. We're probably not bad enough to go down, but certainly not good enough to go up.

Stenhousemuir had the better of the chances. They're not good, by any means - they're an angry little outfit - but they were better than us today, marginally.

Devoid of quality, I looked over a few times at Ian Murray and he'd his head in his hands. I hope the board back him, as an exciting prospect of a manager, because he's gonna fucking need it.

As I've said from the start of the season,  that's a group of bang average players.

We're probably not bad enough to go down, but certainly not good enough to go up.

At the start of the season, most folk thought Findus had assembled a decent enough squad. I think it is entirely possible that we could get dragged into a relegation battle (remember Bollan’s ‘good team on paper’) They only just avoided the relegation playoff.

Once again done by a lack of tempo when we did get the ball; so many long balls fired down the wings to Carrick and no support from that midfield bunch in any attacking sense. Lots of safe back passing as if we were Barcelona building from the back only to resort to another long ball. So much space for Mcdonald as Stenny played 3-5 -2 but no real pattern of play from any one. Millar contributed little/Gallagher made no mistakes but was rarely in the other half/ Conroy was wasted out on right but not much better when he moved in/ Victoria was fouled any time he thought he was getting behind his markers. Duffy had hardly any links to work on and all in all it was poor. The subs made a bit of an impact and like others I was not expecting the flag to go up. I did say I thought Gallagher would drop out but the problem runs deep on the poor decisions and skills shown by so many today. To be fair to Stenhousemuir they worked away at their game and I did expect them to get a goal at some time in that post Wilkie "offside" goal. I thought McGuigan ran his socks off and just about deserved his goal, The number 16 could have been booked in first half and his foul on Victoria was far worse than the red card Roberston got in the away match. The Ref showed his usual "blind" viewpoint on lots of occasions, but we only have ourselves to blame yet again. Murray has a long shift ahead on a day of surprising results: Apparently the poorest team beat Brechin! and Forfar beat one of the favourites whilst somehow Dumbarton thump East Fife. Leaves Arbroath fans smiling yet again.

17 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

At the start of the season, most folk thought Findus had assembled a decent enough squad. I think it is entirely possible that we could get dragged into a relegation battle (remember Bollan’s ‘good team on paper’) They only just avoided the relegation playoff.

Yep. I'm not "most folk" mate. I said signing players from East Fife et al wasn't likely to get us promoted. Conroy being our midfield anchor was never gonna work, I've said that forever.

There are people who will still say we've a decent squad......we've not.  They're of this level. 

Murray has his work cut out.

No tempo, no second ball, no pressing.  Midfield missing, too slow, nobody taking responsibility. Feel sorry for the forwards because they are getting nothing but scraps from long balls. Carrick today, especially in the first half, was making good runs but getting hee haw. You could see Duffy's frustration as well. 

Jeez it took him that long to come off the park for a bad cut to the ear,Leighton Macintosh’s ear was hinging off and he wanted to come back on [emoji23]
Gibbons face was covered in blood apparently. Seemed very bad

1 hour ago, CEMSFC said:
1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:
Jeez it took him that long to come off the park for a bad cut to the ear,Leighton Macintosh’s ear was hinging off and he wanted to come back on emoji23.png

Gibbons face was covered in blood apparently. Seemed very bad

Yer maw

11 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

I thought his head was about to fall off judging by the way your physio was holding it emoji23.png

Couldn't see much as I was filming the game but was told that his face was covered in blood, must be why she was holding it like that 

Couldn't see much as I was filming the game but was told that his face was covered in blood, must be why she was holding it like that 
Aye it looked a full on foot/ear connection rather than the usual "just a graze".
Darryl Duffy & Gibbons both contested a chest high ball, gibbons stooped down while Duffy raised his foot up, both looking right at the ball and fully committed. Straight away Duffy held his hands up and one of the other Stenny boys straight away put his arm round Duffy and started chatting acknowledging it was purely accidental.
Hopefully nothing too trivial and he's back sharpish.

Archived