Lambs to the Slaughter - Dundee v Celtic on Halloween

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we were ok until the pen. Rogic given too much time for the first but a great finish too. Can't argue with the result obviously and there were few protests but the TV footage was pretty inconclusive as to why the pen was given.

After that heads went down and we completely folded which is really, really worrying. Still I think we'll get better. Can't get much worse. 

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye they were abysmal at Perth last month. The worst I've heard them for a long time, which is saying something.

It was mentioned on our match thread and there then followed 10 pages of Celtic fans asking why shouldn't they sing about the IRA, what's wrong with that?  The highlight came when you weren't allowed to say an IRA attack was horrendous unless you also said Bloody Sunday was terrible, or something along those lines.

The best bit is how it's totally ignored. Imagine 4000 people singing at a game about long live isis, or f**k all jews, etc. Look at the hypocrisy in our media when east Europe or Italian fans boo and abuse black people. 

Not a mention from BT sport I'd imagine, and certainly nothing on sportsound who were having a field day going on about the incidents at Tynecastle.

Yeah all we’re hearing today is about the Hearts Hibs game but nothing about the sectarian bile sung by the Celtic fans. 

41 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Yeah all we’re hearing today is about the Hearts Hibs game but nothing about the sectarian bile sung by the Celtic fans.

I know a few folk who regularly go to the away games with Celtic. Impression I get from them is that the younger crowd are more vociferous than any time in the 20 odd years they have been going but it's largely about being "edgy" and offending for the sake of being offensive, because they think that is funny.

They also regularly comment on the amount of ching that is going around at the games. I think that probably has a lot to do with it too.

42 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

It is a good comparison.  Throwing coins should never be acceptable, singing sectarian songs should never be acceptable.  It doesn’t matter why it’s done and how long it has gone on for it should always be called out.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I thought the Dundee team looked very composed during the minute’s silence.  Matched the Celtic players man for man.

Yes we got pumped 5-0 at home to the Champions of Scotland. Its a minter.

That said it's the only time in the past 12 months we have shipped such a high number of goals.

In the past 12 months Utd have shipped 5 or more to both Ross County (at home) and Falkirk in the championship.

#levels

2 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Yes we got pumped 5-0 at home to the Champions of Scotland. Its a minter.

That said it's the only time in the past 12 months we have shipped such a high number of goals.

In the past 12 months Utd have shipped 5 or more to both Ross County (at home) and Falkirk in the championship.

#levels

...and on those occasions there were no Dundee fans on our threads pointing this out.

None.

Not one.

No siree.

13 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye they were abysmal at Perth last month. The worst I've heard them for a long time, which is saying something.

It was mentioned on our match thread and there then followed 10 pages of Celtic fans asking why shouldn't they sing about the IRA, what's wrong with that?  The highlight came when you weren't allowed to say an IRA attack was horrendous unless you also said Bloody Sunday was terrible, or something along those lines.

The best bit is how it's totally ignored. Imagine 4000 people singing at a game about long live isis, or f**k all jews, etc. Look at the hypocrisy in our media when east Europe or Italian fans boo and abuse black people. 

Not a mention from BT sport I'd imagine, and certainly nothing on sportsound who were having a field day going on about the incidents at Tynecastle.

Other clubs should follow the Kilmarnock model to stop this type of behaviour.

Beat them.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I know a few folk who regularly go to the away games with Celtic. Impression I get from them is that the younger crowd are more vociferous than any time in the 20 odd years they have been going but it's largely about being "edgy" and offending for the sake of being offensive, because they think that is funny.

They also regularly comment on the amount of ching that is going around at the games. I think that probably has a lot to do with it too.

I think this sounds bang on. There's a lot of wee fuds watching you tube videos of hooliganism and watching football factory re-runs who seem to want to copy it. Those wee hearts tinks at the weekend throwing traffic cones and bottles for example.

But with Celtic I think there's a lot of older supporters who probably love to join in with all the old tunes, especially after a drink.

The whole being edgy and offensive thing seems to be what it's all about for a lot of the green brigade characters.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think this sounds bang on. There's a lot of wee fuds watching you tube videos of hooliganism and watching football factory re-runs who seem to want to copy it. Those wee hearts tinks at the weekend throwing traffic cones and bottles for example.

But with Celtic I think there's a lot of older supporters who probably love to join in with all the old tunes, especially after a drink.

The whole being edgy and offensive thing seems to be what it's all about for a lot of the green brigade characters.

Surprisingly, the few Celtic fans I know who are probably the most critical of the young team and their songbook are guys who were politically involved in the past, so to speak, and actually had links to groups and activists from the troubles. They think the current lot are a bunch of wanks who think it's all just a big laugh. That sentiment ties in with something that my ex's father once said to me. Her family were from Coleraine in what could best be described as a "Staunch" area(I think bringing a west of Scotland catholic home with her was a form of rebellion against daddy...), and as far as he was concerned the young ones there and in Glasgow were starting to act up again simply because they were too young to know what the reality of it all was.

Whatever the case, Dundee are attrocious and Jim McIntyre looks to have a huge job on his hands to turn things around.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

The laughable thing being, never mind the Troubles, half of these bampots weren't even born when they called the ceasefire. 

But aye, the behavior of that element of our support has gotten worse over the last few years. 

7 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

The laughable thing being, never mind the Troubles, half of these bampots weren't even born when they called the ceasefire. 

But aye, the behavior of that element of our support has gotten worse over the last few years. 

"That element" of your support seemed to number over 3,000 last night from what I heard.

On 31/10/2018 at 23:33, wastecoatwilly said:

Don't know what was worse Deacon trying to defend or trying to break Tierney's leg.

Surprised they never pointed it out on the commentary, but the way he let Forrest run off him for the 4th goal was criminal.

He then barely made a move to get back at all, and had the cheek to throw his hands in the air when Edouard scored as if it was all someone else's fault.

Dundee are certs for relegation if that's the workrate their players put in.

Archived