TV Presenter Sparks Anger

NJ2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Did she eat the sheep and goat?

I doubt it, but I don't see how that makes a moral difference. We choose to have animals kept in shitty conditions and slaughtered  when we have no need to eat meat.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Factory farming for food is far crueler than culling the odd wild sheep and goat.

it might cause more suffering (although i doubt it) but the intent isn't there. Culling for the sake of the species/ environment us one thing, but killing because you like killing is psychotic.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

it might cause more suffering (although i doubt it) but the intent isn't there. Culling for the sake of the species/ environment us one thing, but killing because you like killing is psychotic.

Sheep for lamb meat are slaughtered in under a year of life. That sheep she shot looks like he had a long life, and in the wild. 

Psychotic refers to somebody who is suffering from psychosis, which is to suffer from delusions or hallucinations.  She isn't psychotic.

I understand why people don't like the posing with kills but it seems strange that this is what causes the outrage rather than the act of killing, which goes on all the time in pretty much the same way done by this woman.  

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Psychotic refers to somebody who is suffering from psychosis, which is to suffer from delusions or hallucinations.  She isn't psychotic.

I understand why people don't like the posing with kills but it seems strange that this is what causes the outrage rather than the act of killing, which goes on all the time in pretty much the same way done by this woman.  

I'd say it's the glorifying of it, the whole act of donning the camouflage gear and then the photographs of the "hunter / huntress showing off their downed prey".

Apart from being totally pathetic, there's also something more sinister at play combined with the ignorance and arrogance of the character / characters, it just really pisses off an awful lot of people, myself included, that it's happening in our own back yard as it were.

51 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That sheep she shot looks like he had a long life, and in the wild. 

hold that thought for the next time the "increasing cost of social care for a growing population of pensioners" debate gets an airing...

;)

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sheep for lamb meat are slaughtered in under a year of life. That sheep she shot looks like he had a long life, and in the wild. 

so?

enjoying meat which is a result of the death of an animal is not the same as enjoying causing that death.

54 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

psychopathic then? evil?

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

My wife is a psychologist, and in order to hide the madness that writhes about behind my eyes, i've spoken to her quite a bit about this kind of stuff.  People with psychosis aren't really any more or less likely to kill anyone than you or I.

Well, maybe not me. 

I personally like my meat killed in an abattoir by a guy who would be otherwise unemployable. 

I think part of the outrage is annoyance at Americans and their weird obsession with shooting stuff, the boasting despite the inequality of arms between Mr mutton dressed as ram and Mrs mutton dressed as lamb and it's a reminder of past fun social media witchhunts aimed at people shooting lions and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, The OP said:

I personally like my meat killed in an abattoir by a guy who would be otherwise unemployable. 

I think part of the outrage is annoyance at Americans and their weird obsession with shooting stuff, the boasting despite the inequality of arms between Mr mutton dressed as ram and Mrs mutton dressed as lamb and it's a reminder of past fun social media witchhunts aimed at people shooting lions and whatnot. 

It's a style thing. If she was wearing a sensible tweed skirt and jumper, and showing a sad frowny face, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

My wife is a psychologist, and in order to hide the madness that writhes about behind my eyes, i've spoken to her quite a bit about this kind of stuff.  People with psychosis aren't really any more or less likely to kill anyone than you or I.

Well, maybe not me. 

i have killed several people but it was for the meat and i didn't enjoy it.

Spoiler

Fao: the police- this is a joke and not a confession

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Because shes an arsehole. A wid, but an arsehole.
Ive no problem with the concept of herd control with deer etc as previously mentioned it ensures the population is kept under control.
But killing several animals with high powered rifles which are just standing about in a field is nothing short of blood lust. If she managed to eat a full deer, goat and that ram then fair enough but hunting for trophies is nothing short of arsehole behaviour.
Pretending to the fuckwit americans who follow her on twitter that she ‘hunted’ a sheep/goat when really she just lay down in a field beside the hotel and shot anything that grazed past is wanky behaviour. Add to that dressing up like GI Jane just incase the fucking defenceless goat shot back I presume?

the buckled leftie in me says that she's dressed like GI Jane because slaughtering anything defenceless that grazed past has been US Army tactics for the last 60 years..

neil.png.e7df1fb52bd32b0b9e8b45005e51ee87.png

vegetable rights and peace, man..

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a style thing. If she was wearing a sensible tweed skirt and jumper, and showing a sad frowny face, it wouldn't have been a problem.

better still, a barbour jacket, jodhpurs, hunter wellies,  no chin and a set of teeth like a piano keyboard - it'd just be another manifestation of the wonderful British countryside, entirely justifiable on the basis that "we've done this for hundreds of years, don't ya know..."

Archived