TV Presenter Sparks Anger

NJ2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bit distasteful to see her posing, all smiles, next to the dead beast, but apparently (just from reading a couple of articles on this, I'm no expert) these goats are an invasive species that sometimes need to be culled to keep their numbers down to manageable levels for the indigenous flora and fauna.  Culled by some marksman (/woman) shooting at them from a distance.

Given that, surely it's better to get some rich yanks in to pay handsomely for the privilege, rather than paying the markswoman (/man)?

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You clearly understand rural life, you goat shagging nonce.

Bit harsh being compared to an Aberdeen fan. 

For the avoidance of doubt I am not defending this person, and she clearly is out for a reaction and posting this stuff to instagram Facebook whatever is distasteful, particularly when they revel in it. 

I was, however, a bit surprised by the number of people including the politician in the article who seemed to be utterly unaware that hunting goes on in Scotland. 

7 minutes ago, K77 said:

Bit harsh being compared to an Aberdeen fan. 

For the avoidance of doubt I am not defending this person, and she clearly is out for a reaction and posting this stuff to instagram Facebook whatever is distasteful, particularly when they revel in it. 

I was, however, a bit surprised by the number of people including the politician in the article who seemed to be utterly unaware that hunting goes on in Scotland. 

I've heard of deer stalking, just didn't know sheep and goat hunting was a thing.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've heard of deer stalking, just didn't know sheep and goat hunting was a thing.

I remember a Jean Claude Van Damme movie from the late 80's or early 90's where it was the homeless and vulnerable that were hunted by the rich and powerful, the way things are going in this country that will no doubt be the next money spinner..................

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I can understand the anger behind this but at some point the sheep is going to end up in the food chain and is inevitably going to be sent to a slaughterhouse to be killed so are we acting on the fury the wid is an arsehole and killed a sheep for no apparent reason other than she wanted to shoot it.  As for the deer/stag as much as i like them and they are majestic creatures as mentioned we have no natural predators so the hunt is a way to maintain their numbers at a manageable level.

FWIW, meat from this ram won't go into the food chain as it wasn't slaughtered on an approved premises under health and hygiene regulations. Unless the estate staff eat it, it'll be classed as fallen stock and buried. Meat from an old ram is pretty bad though, it would usually go into cheap takeaway stuff at best so I'd be surprised if they put it in the freezer.

I'm fine with deer stalking, it's an important part of conservation in the absence of a predator so I suppose it could be the same for goats - I've no idea if the numbers on Islay require it, but fair enough. But it's the level of glorifying in the killing that I find deeply troubling. There's no skill involved in shooting a sheep, and I doubt there's much in shooting a goat. If these goats are anything like those on Ben Vrackie you don't need to sneak up on them and shoot from a distance, sit down and pull out a sandwich and the feckers will be all over you.  I think she just enjoys making living things die, and that's disturbing. I don't think it's a coincidence that people who would watch her show and admire her actions are from a country in which gun killings and gun suicides are spectacularly higher than anywhere else in the developed world.

1 hour ago, Gnash said:

Given that, surely it's better to get some rich yanks in to pay handsomely for the privilege, rather than paying the markswoman (/man)?

Coming over here, stealing our jobs.

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's fucking ridiculous. It's like calling in an airstrike on a cow. It's not as if they're fast, agile animals that are difficult to seek out in dense forests. They're just stood there grazing in open fields. Literally a sitting target and she's making it out like she's an incredible markswoman. Silly bitch. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I remember a Jean Claude Van Damme movie from the late 80's or early 90's where it was the homeless and vulnerable that were hunted by the rich and powerful, the way things are going in this country that will no doubt be the next money spinner..................

Seen that once. Great movie. Can never remember the name.

Poor goat. Arsehole American. Wid. Boot in the pie.

16 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

She's an arsehole, but, and I'm sure it's been said already, and is worth saying again, a wid.

Beauty comes from within, KB. Her looks are merely superficial and mask the ugly human being which lies within and to think otherwise is incredibly shalliw. 

Having said that she would definitely get it. 

13 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

What utter fucking pish !

I’ve been to Islay on numerous occasions and the “ wild” goats are easy to get close to.

You don’t have to stalk or hunt them , you can basically walk up next to them .

I photographed one on my last visit which is posted on the photography thread ( 6th September) , which is very like the one this c**t has shot .

It was taken with a 50mm lens about 15 feet away 

Aye but you were fully clothed.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

The rich are bit more subtle about how they kill the poor in this country nowadays.

Apparently, having listened to a clever sounding man on the radio earlier, animal populations in Scotland are often kept low by shooting them - it's just normally they're shot with darts containing immunocontraceptive vaccines - this wee woman could have been given a big bag of darts and told to go fill her boots, would have taken just as much skill I'd have thought!?

Even if I was into shooting goats I'd be embarrassed as f'ck to post a picture of it online, it's like gleefully announcing to the World you have the ability to open a door, breath in-and-out or something else that's 'incredibly difficult' - perhaps being American she does genuinely have difficulty performing everyday easy actions!?

A fucking goat FFS !!

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The death threats/wishes she's getting are bit cringeworthy imo, probably by people who regularly eat lamb kebabs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpVG7engVI5/

That suggests there is no difference between killing for food and killing for 'sport'. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

That suggests there is no difference between killing for food and killing for 'sport'. 

Factory farming for food is far crueler than culling the odd wild sheep and goat.

Archived