Brechin v Mo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodds get tae fcuk,you've embarrassed this club long enough,come on committee surely you must be embarrassed now grow a pair of balls and get him out,before its too late.Let a new manager get time to save us from relegation because that's where we are heading.

19 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Dodds get tae fcuk,you've embarrassed this club long enough,come on committee surely you must be embarrassed now grow a pair of balls and get him out,before its too late.Let a new manager get time to save us from relegation because that's where we are heading.

12 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

Get Dods the f**k out.  That was abysmal

6 minutes ago, Sir Richard said:

Won't be back until Dods has gone.  Not wasting my hard earned, or time watching this shite anymore. Goodbye 

giphy.gif

A pleasant surprise!

There was not a lot between the teams in the first half, I reckon we just had the better of it and looked more likely to score. Fleming barely had anything to do. The only thing of note was an infuriating and inconsistent referee with a scattergun approach to yellow cards.  A careless set piece goal for the home side brought out several sighs of resignation, but that suddenly seemed to spark life into Montrose, lots of application and grit even when Brechin were packing out the box, and the win was fully deserved. A delicious second goal, in particular.

Brechin have a couple of very good players, but overall look rudderless and some of their petulant-arm waving neanderthal defenders were arguing furiously with themselves, always a sign of a team with problems. I would not be surprised if Dods is given out LBW by the board fairly soon on the evidence of the two games against us, at least....

Awful, awful stuff from City today. The Mo fan who suggested there wasn't much between the teams in the first half was being very magnanimous - even the kids had identified by half time that their keeper had had nothing to do - they were worried he might get 'bored'. First home derby of the season; first competitive game with Montrose for 16(?) years - surely the manager could have got them revved up to put in a performance worthy of that? Against the team bottom of the league? As it was, the only surprise was that we somehow managed to take the lead, which I missed. After that it was the Mo show and they could quite easily have won by more without it flattering them. On the way home I had to promise the kids I wouldn't make them go again til we had a new manager...!

There's no doubt Mo were hungrier for the points and that comes after a bit of a dismal run. Brechin have already got more points than Mo so if they can do it then on today's showing I don't see any reason we can't rack up a few more. Good to see 3 goals from the Mo but it mustn't be just a one-off.

Pleased for Martin Rennie as well, just hope it gives him more confidence but he has to put himself about a bit more. Redman also made a difference in midfield and Paddy Cregg looks to be fitting in better as does Antoniazzi. As for CJ, well he's becoming an all round better asset now he's adding goals to his game.

Well done Mo......the Mo fans i spoke to before the game were worried about  keeping their League One status but on that showing surely mid table is very do able for them. City were shite .  Never in it  . Scored and i thought maybe win ugly .... no lose ugly very ugly . I will still go to games as season ticket holder but if Dods is still in the gig next season. i wont renew. Ray Mac not doing so hot at Falkirk .......just saying.                  Montrose FC consider us your BITCHES for the season .

20 hours ago, underpar said:

Montrose FC consider us your BITCHES for the season .

Know how you feel but no. we don't do that at Montrose. Too much respect for Brechin who we always get along with - a lot of great history between us.

On 10/25/2018 at 09:24, Ivo den Bieman said:

There needs to be a strong reaction after a dreadful performance against Airdrie. Would put Redman on from the start and partner Antoniazzi with CJ up front.

Need to go all out for the points here.

Nice prediction, SP must've read it!

(Do you have the lottery numbers for next Saturday night please!?)

Archived