Alloa v Caley Thistle

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Had the infamous pie in a roll today.  It was better than I was expecting!

I don't know if you can get the  " Black and gold Pie" over at your side but for three quid you get a pie and beans with black pudding on a paper plate ….wonderful..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, printer said:

I wonder(*) if we are going to hear the likes of 'Alloa sit very deep', 'Alloa are stuffy and well organised', 'a spirited Alloa side' (the latter as per the opening para from the BBC's match report on today's game) etc all season even as we continue to match teams in general play, quality of football and chances created?

(*) I don't really wonder if that will happen.

It clearly will. emoji19.png

ETA It's refreshing to hear John Robertson be so frank in his post match interview about our performance.

not forgetting that most teams reserve their poorest performance just for us ..apparently ?

33 minutes ago, printer said:

I wonder(*) if we are going to hear the likes of 'Alloa sit very deep', 'Alloa are stuffy and well organised', 'a spirited Alloa side' (the latter as per the opening para from the BBC's match report on today's game) etc all season even as we continue to match teams in general play, quality of football and chances created?

(*) I don't really wonder if that will happen.

It clearly will. emoji19.png

ETA It's refreshing to hear John Robertson be so frank in his post match interview about our performance.

10 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

not forgetting that most teams reserve their poorest performance just for us ..apparently ?

You’re not alone. I suppose we count as one of the ‘big’ clubs in this league but we’re used to that as well after 12 seasons in the top league. 

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Alloa suffered from the narrow pitch as much as ICT. Seriously, what is that all about?  When I’m at a game I tend to look for the 10-yard mark for taking corner kicks. The mark actually coincided with the edge of the box, which I’ve never seen even at non-League (Whitehill Welfare’s pitch is narrow but still works out at 66 yards). If my sums are right, the pitch was 64 yards wide as opposed to ICT’s which is 75, in line with most of the Premiership.

Totally agree with you.I have yet to speak to a fan who likes it and i know the players hate it.Its up there with Leveins 4-6 formation in the shitebaggery stakes.Its clearly a plan to stop full time sides stretch us and i will concede that it does work in that regard.The problem is we have good wide options ourselves and are in fact a decent side so it hurts us as well.

Wasn't a boring 0-0 like our game against QOS plenty of chances from both ends but from a ICT point of view it's very disappointing as Alloa created the better chances hitting the woodwork having a couple of chances where they were unlucky not to score some good counter attacking had us on the ropes at times.

We had plenty of shots but most of them were off target Aaron Doran should of scored in the first half when he managed to get through on goal & we were inches wide in the second half following a corner set-piece.

Jordan White missing an absolute sitter summed up our day didn't look like he knew much about it. He later found decent space & managed to win a header only to head it miles wide should of got it on target at least. Sean Welsh had a decent shot that went just round the post.

We were much better attacking when Nathan Austin & Daniel Mackay came on hopefully Austin is fit enough to return to the starting line up by next weekend at least.

Disappointed we didnt win yesterday, created the better chances, with excellent performances all over the park. Front 3 caused lots of problems, with Flannigan and Robertson pulling the strings well in midfield.

Thought we lost a bit of momentum going forward after we made the changes, but manager clearly states in his interview he felt we were tiring a bit and losing a bit of ground- so fair enough. Admittedly Inverness looked more of a threat after introducing Austin. 

Regarding the earlier comparison to Hartleys team of 13/14- manager has put together an excellent group but not to the level of the team who took Aberdeen all the way up at Pitoddrie and beat league leaders Hamilton Accies on their own patch. On current showings they shouldnt fear anyone in the Championship and could potentially eclipse...but a long way to go yet.

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A good point for Alloa but the fans seem pretty bullish for a side that has one league win to their name so far and managed to lose to arguably Falkirk's worst team ever.

Also, yes, I do realise this means you'll beat us next week but still...

Not so much bullish but We know we are doing a decent job on the park Considering who we are The Falkirk game aside  (we were dire ), we realise we are a part time side punching above our weight and cannot ask anymore from our players or manager.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Not so much bullish but We know we are doing a decent job on the park Considering who we are The Falkirk game aside  (we were dire ), we realise we are a part time side punching above our weight and cannot ask anymore from our players or manager.

I definitely rate Goodwin but I feel it's a squad that would look out of their depth with a daftie in charge.

13 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Jordan White missing an absolute sitter summed up our day didn't look like he knew much about it. He later found decent space & managed to win a header only to head it miles wide should of got it on target at least. 

Hadn't realised he has returned north from Wrexham.  Yet another Jock that failed to cut the mustard south of the border.

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

Hadn't realised he has returned north from Wrexham.  Yet another Jock that failed to cut the mustard south of the border.

He wasn't too bad at Wrexham got 7 goals out of 25 appearances. Barrow on the other hand 7 goals out of 44 appearances not so good. 

He has been decent enough so far this season bagging himself two league goals & a Challenge cup goal. He seems to get in the right places at the right time &  he is really tall so that is a huge advantage but he can't seem to jump very well he would suck at basketball .

He also ain't got the best touch in football & he's pretty slow compared to our other players especially our other 3 strikers. He works hard enough though can't deny him that. His goal against Morton was pretty sweet so he will just have to do for now till Austin & Oakley get back in shape.

he has been able to get in the starting 11 recently due to injuries some fans have been giving him pelters but if you ask me the whole team has been rather lackluster the last few  games & he certainly ain't the main source of blame for our lack of goals . He played with his back to goal like he normally does on Saturday & just wasn't getting the right support till the last ten minutes of the game .

To be honest i would be surprised if he manages ten goals this season George Oakley & Nathan Austin are better options up front.

19 hours ago, printer said:

Alloa were really good yesterday thought Robbo was really honest about our performance too hopefully behind the scenes he will be telling the players some home truthes! 

1 hour ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Alloa were really good yesterday thought Robbo was really honest about our performance too hopefully behind the scenes he will be telling the players some home truthes! 

Probably ! . on paper we should not be beating any team in this league TBH .

Thought Zanatta was decent, as was the number 16.  We just don't see to have any bounce or drive about our team at all just now.  Last time we went up, we had a front three of Foran, Hayes and Rooney.  Now we've got no-one like any of those three now.

7 hours ago, Newmember said:

Different ball game now . those 3 were excellent . Mid table for thistle this season players just not good enough and most if your players,are,on 2 year deals

Hope am wrong but Ross County look the best team by far this season 

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; you only gargled.

Archived