Alloa v Caley Thistle

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

That Alloa game was the point where I think we all realised we were fucked.  Appalling.

I remember being on the supporters bus after the game and said words to the effect of 'We've picked the wrong manager'.  People were seething with me!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Have to echo what has been said, that was the game I realised we were going down. How Jake Mulraney has got a move to Hearts I’ll never know. I’d be very surprised if he is still playing full time in a few years.

I think the game definitely set off alarm bells but I'd be lying if I thought we were going down at the stage. By the time the 3 - 0 scudding at Accies rolled around I knew we were down then :(

As you say it's mental Mulraney has somehow managed to bag a move to Hearts. Suspect he'll be found out soon. Fast or not he still can't cross a ball to save himself.

As for tomorrow I'm hoping that Robbo shuffles the pack a little bit. We don't have the depth County have with their squad but I wouldn't be adverse to letting White drop to the bench and bringing in Austin.

I remember those of us that were there saying it was the worst ever result in the club’s history. That wasn’t a slight on Alloa, it’s just that on the night we didn’t create a single thing against a team two divisions below, and the team didn’t even acknowledge the support at time up, and we had been decent throughout the game. Then Bannerperson, who of course wasn’t there, started quoting 6-0 v Airdrie, 5-1 v Morton etc as being worse. But  those were just blips at a time when Pele’s side were a good team, whereas Richie’s team were just gash.

I inquired about Mulraney on one of the Hearts threads and by all accounts he's on the bench some weeks and not in the squad others.  Looks like Levein doesn't rate him, unsurprisingly. 

4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

This a little bit off topic but does anyone remember Mulraney’s performance in the 5-1 win away to Dunfermline? Obviously Vigurs was quality that day scoring a hatrick I believe, but Mulraney was excellent and I honestly thought we’d signed an absolute baller.

That was exactly 2 weeks before the Alloa game. Still in July and turned out to be the highlight of the season :lol:

17 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

This a little bit off topic but does anyone remember Mulraney’s performance in the 5-1 win away to Dunfermline? Obviously Vigurs was quality that day scoring a hatrick I believe, but Mulraney was excellent and I honestly thought we’d signed an absolute baller.

Mulraney did have good games for us. Sadly they only totalled about 5 or 6 out of something like 50 plus appearances for us which isn't good enough.

Still though, he hates the Queen so the YT loved him.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Mulraney did have good games for us. Sadly they only totalled about 5 or 6 out of something like 50 plus appearances for us which isn't good enough.

Still though, he hates the Queen so the YT loved him.

The YT adored him yet hated Polworth.  Morons.

Aside from the obvious enforced change (McCart in for King Coll), I can see Austin coming in for Calder and a more direct 4-4-2. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, I just suspect Robbo's been itching to get back to the system he started the season with.  

1 hour ago, CaleyStan said:

Aside from the obvious enforced change (McCart in for King Coll), I can see Austin coming in for Calder and a more direct 4-4-2. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, I just suspect Robbo's been itching to get back to the system he started the season with.  

Wrong. 4-2-3-1 with Doran in for Calder. 

2 hours ago, Jarballs said:

3.40 for the draw on Bet365. I'd be lumping big on that if I didn't avoid betting in games involving my team like a superstitious daftie.

I bet on 0-0 last week and seriously considered doing the same again this week - but didn't.

I'll be seriously pissed off if this one finishes with that scoreline.

Archived