Alloa v Caley Thistle

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, CaleyStan said:

I'm confident we'll take a point from this one.

Is there segregation at The Recs these days?

Yes. Turnstiles on the Hilton Road side of the ground. You get the gazebo and some uncovered standing. 

Hopefully we can build on the Partick result. And once more on the wee park, the first goal is likely to be key. 

Found memories of the last time we played Alloa at the Rec. One of our fans got a pie in a roll. Can't recall a thing about the game though given Foran was in charge we were likely pish.

1 hour ago, martynwasp said:

How has Tom Walsh been doing at Inverness?

He's not been doing too bad. Mostly featuring either on the left or right flank where he gets in a fair number of decent crosses but we can't finish anything so most of the (few) chances we create go begging. I'd be stunned if we don't draw again this weekend.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Found memories of the last time we played Alloa at the Rec. One of our fans got a pie in a roll. Can't recall a thing about the game though given Foran was in charge we were likely pish.

We lost 1-0.  We were guff, Kevin McNaughton was playing at centre-back and Mulraney was hooked at half time.

A complete failure of a season that.  I remember being at the Scottish Cup 5th round game against Celtic at CP and he literally set up the team to match Celtic.

You know what Celtic I mean; the one who didn't lose a domestic game all season.  The one with Moussa Dembele, Leigh Griffiths and Scott Sinclair ripping the utter cunt out of everyone they came up against.

This clown sets us up 442 against them.  I don't think there was an ICT player within 15 yards of Scott Brown at any point in the game.  An utter haddy of a manager.

I wasn't at the Alloa LC defeat, but by all accounts, it was disgusting.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A complete failure of a season that.  I remember being at the Scottish Cup 5th round game against Celtic at CP and he literally set up the team to match Celtic.

You know what Celtic I mean; the one who didn't lose a domestic game all season.  The one with Moussa Dembele, Leigh Griffiths and Scott Sinclair ripping the utter c**t out of everyone they came up against.

This clown sets us up 442 against them.  I don't think there was an ICT player within 15 yards of Scott Brown at any point in the game.  An utter haddy of a manager.

I wasn't at the Alloa LC defeat, but by all accounts, it was disgusting.

Was that the 5 or 6 nil pumping we got? Reduced to simply hacking Celtic because we were so badly outclassed? Awful day.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Was that the 5 or 6 nil pumping we got? Reduced to simply hacking Celtic because we were so badly outclassed? Awful day.

The very one.   6-0 it was.  Think we lost 3 goals in about 8 minutes in the second half.

That Alloa game was the point where I think we all realised we were fucked.  Appalling.

At least we are solid for a draw at the moment.  Hoping we relive the classic double hat-trick game of 2002 when Ritchie and Wyness both bagged three.  Unsure that Jordan White and Nathan Austin are quite as good though.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

That Alloa game was the point where I think we all realised we were fucked.  Appalling.

At least we are solid for a draw at the moment.  Hoping we relive the classic double hat-trick game of 2002 when Ritchie and Wyness both bagged three.  Unsure that Jordan White and Nathan Austin are quite as good though.

It was an excellent Alloa side under Jack Ross, too. We had already beaten County 3-2 in the same competition with the general consensus being that the scoreline flattered them. After beating ICT we drew Celtic at Parkhead and held them at 0-0 for 83 minutes. We won a corner around 75 minutes and I still think if we had managed to grab a goal there then we would probably have seen it out. It was just one wee drop in concentration that let them in for the opener. 

I recall Foran after the ICT match trying to suggest it had been a lucky Alloa win but that wasn't the case at all.  Mismatch in the dugouts that night. Also recall Calum Watters absolutely destroying Mulraney in the first half, in defence and attack.

My favourite memory from that game was Goody ripping the piss out of a frustrated Mulraney after his third screwed wide cross in quick succession, holding up three fingers with a big grin on his face.

Archived