Stirling Albion Vs Edinburgh City

22 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Oh Dear Kevin oh Dear 

Did you expect the new manager to wave a magic wand and produce a winning side against the League Leaders ?  Give the guy time to get his feet in the door first before criticizing him. 

Felt we were defensively much better than last week, unfortunate with the mistake by Cammie Binnie that cost us the game. We did not create much but we matched City for most of the game and were a bit unfortunate not to get a point but that's football. 

The Berwick match next week is a game we NEED to win, here`s hoping for the 3 points and Kevin`s first win next week.

Ooft we certainly missed Laird in the middle of the park and when you looked at the bench I’m glad we didn’t need to make a game changing substitution as there wasn’t much there.

Thought we were the better side but if Stirling had nicked a point it would have been hard to complain considering how little was created.

For the umpteenth time this season man of the match was Andy Black with an honourable mention to Callum Antell who made one tremendous save and dealt well with everything else.

Good pies, friendly stewards (well the one next to us anyway) and a lovely view. Oh, and of course, still top of the league.

That was murder, why did City bother bringing a goalkeeper today?  it's an indication of how poor we have been that today is considered an improvement by posters on our forum.

We can only hope that anther week of training sessions with the new manager will start to get his ideas across.

That was murder, why did City bother bringing a goalkeeper today?  it's an indication of how poor we have been that today is considered an improvement by posters on our forum.
We can only hope that anther week of training sessions with the new manager will start to get his ideas across.

[emoji33]

There is much work to do, but left Forthbank today, optimistic.

Ok, we lost, but it was never going to be an easy game and it came down to a Goalkeeping error, but we looked a lot better defensively and although not all the players played well, they certainly gave their all, we just lacked that cutting edge in the final third.

After only 2 training sessions under KR, there was a huge difference to the team that faced Queens Park, Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers and Annan. The team today really looked like they wanted to play for each other and everyone seemed to know their jobs. As I said, we lost, but I actually believe it will come, whether that’s with the current squad or a clear out, it will come.

Believe!

On 10/24/2018 at 13:46, gmca said:

Will be interesting to see how City fare once the free flowing football they seem to have been playing takes a bit of a dip as I'm sure it will. Are they good enough to eke out 1-0 victories when they don't play so well?

Didn't have to wait long for your answer....

Personally thought the difference between the 2 sides were, 1) Binnie’s howler for the goal. Every keeper makes a mistake, he knew he made a mistake and apologised to the fans for it. Could argue he kept us in the game at some points as well. And 2) Edinburgh were street smart as f**k. The best teams can grind out results despite not playing great and thats what Edinburgh did. Best of luck troops, except the nonce Thompson.

Andy Black ran the show, Darren Barr was easily our best player and the ref was useless as f**k.

Shout out to the steward deeming “beast” a bad word. Mon the Binos.

20 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Lovely looking pussy brother.

I wish I could claim ownership but..

He's actually the infamous Smudger of Carnoustie- a P&B star of the "Show us your pussy" thread in General Nonsense. He belongs to Dundee poster Bigmouthstrikesagain, who buggered off in the cream puff a month ago so there haven't been any new Smudger pics since :( 

I wish I could claim ownership but..

He's actually the infamous Smudger of Carnoustie- a P&B star of the "Show us your pussy" thread in General Nonsense. He belongs to Dundee poster Bigmouthstrikesagain, who buggered off in the cream puff a month ago so there haven't been any new Smudger pics since [emoji20] 

Shame that. Also shame a cat has to stay up that neck of the woods as well [emoji53]

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Didn't have to wait long for your answer....

I went on to say that I thought you would be good enough to do 1=0 wins, so I really knew the answer before the match :whistle

Guest Landan Spiv

By the way Stirling fans your pies at Forthbank are far superior to any other pie at a football ground since the Meadowbank steak pies. 10/10. 

By the way Stirling fans your pies at Forthbank are far superior to any other pie at a football ground since the Meadowbank steak pies. 10/10. 

They were immense on Saturday, not always like that though.

Archived