Stirling Albion Vs Edinburgh City

Stirling Albion welcome Ladbrokes League 2 leaders Edinburgh City to Forthbank on Saturday, for what will be new manager Kevin Rutkiewicz’s first game in charge.

Will Albion be boosted by having a new manager, or will City earn their 12th win in row ?

49 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Stirling Albion welcome Ladbrokes League 2 leaders Edinburgh City to Forthbank on Saturday, for what will be new manager Kevin Rutkiewicz’s first game in charge.

Will Albion be boosted by having a new manager, or will City earn their 12th win in row ?

Will be interesting to see how City fare once the free flowing football they seem to have been playing takes a bit of a dip as I'm sure it will. Are they good enough to eke out 1-0 victories when they don't play so well? My own hunch is that they are good enough to do that, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they win the league. They seem to me to be best equipped to do that, the only major doubt being they haven't, as a club, been in this position before.

As for Saturday's game, I just hope we show some fight and organisation to make a decent game of it. A draw wouldn't be a bad start for the new manager. 

I’ve yet to see an new manager bounce in all our new appointments, however I’m hopeful that this will change on Saturday.

I’m in hospitality, so will have a good day regardless, but I really want to see something positive on the park, something to cling onto that things will get better.

It’s going to be a tough game, of that there is no doubt, and I was really impressed with Edinburgh City in the meeting earlier in the season, they seem to have exactly what got Montrose and others before them, out of this league and you need to admire their progress thus far.

We’ll not only have a new management team in the dugout, but possibly a new Striker in our side now that Dylan Mackin has signed, so I’m also looking forward to seeing how he gets on. He must have something about him after Livi spending money on him about this time last year.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Well its a difficult start for KR against the League Leaders on Saturday and all I wish for is an improved performance from the team after last weeks showing particularly in the 1st half when we gave away 2 stupid goals. 

Hopefully the new manager bounce will improve us but it will be difficult and would quite happily take a point from this game. 

As a previous poster says it will be interesting to see if Dylan Mackie starts this game for us because at the moment we need all the help we can get. 

Prediction call me a fool if you wish but think we might just scrape a draw her 1-1 :lol: 

Guest Landan Spiv

I'd take a draw away from home. Stirling have a point to prove and its always difficult playing against teams like that 

New Stirling manager and the boost that will give them.

A Ground that City have not really had a good record at including Cup Finals, games against Stirling Uni.

Conclusion

5-0 to City. Naturally.

Only outcome I can foresee is an Andy Black double hat trick and a 0-6 City win. Looking forward to making the trip through for this one, always enjoyed the patter from the Stirling Albion lot.

Still stunned that Dave Mackay released Black in the summer and it really pissed me off that during a Meet The Manager session MacKay said “well if I knew Caddis was going to chuck it I would never have let Andy Black go” which suggested that it was down to Mackay rather than the player.

Still stunned that Dave Mackay released Black in the summer and it really pissed me off that during a Meet The Manager session MacKay said “well if I knew Caddis was going to chuck it I would never have let Andy Black go” which suggested that it was down to Mackay rather than the player.

Yeah that really annoyed me as well. Black is what we’re missing in midfield, a fighter. He didn’t want to leave us, so it was down to Mackay.

Yeah that really annoyed me as well. Black is what we’re missing in midfield, a fighter. He didn’t want to leave us, so it was down to Mackay.

Glad I wasn’t the only one Jake. It’s a decision that I just never understood. I get that Andy maybe isn’t the most technically gifted player on the ball, but what he does offer is pretty hard to find at this level and is exactly what we are crying out for in the middle of the park.

Anyway, life goes on and I watched [/b]a little bit[/] of last night’s training and became slightly excited about the appointment of KR. It’s hard to explain but there was a really positive atmosphere amongst the camp last night.

Glad I wasn’t the only one Jake. It’s a decision that I just never understood. I get that Andy maybe isn’t the most technically gifted player on the ball, but what he does offer is pretty hard to find at this level and is exactly what we are crying out for in the middle of the park.

Anyway, life goes on and I watched [/b]a little bit[/] of last night’s training and became slightly excited about the appointment of KR. It’s hard to explain but there was a really positive atmosphere amongst the camp last night.

To pin the hopes on Caddis staying was madness by Mackay, but he’s gone and we move on.

Glad to hear, hope theres a positive change in our fortunes tomorrow. Excited to see what Mackin will offer us.

He’s been one of our players of the season so far and was exactly the type of player we were looking for. Just absolutely hates it when the opposition have the ball, like a Scottish lower league N’Golo Kante before Sarri moved him further forward.

He’s been one of our players of the season so far and was exactly the type of player we were looking for. Just absolutely hates it when the opposition have the ball, like a Scottish lower league N’Golo Kante before Sarri moved him further forward.

Was exactly like that with us. A fighter in the middle who will do the dirty work for others. Funnily enough we literally have no one that can do that :lol:

1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

To early for Stirling management to have any tactical effect, but dead cat bounce would be nice.  

Spoiler

smudger.jpg.8cec8e0f445030bb8c729e1a10f0b911.jpg

No it widnae. 
Hopefully the black and white machine will get torn in to  its helpless prey like the Smudger here. 

4 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

City have certainly had a few No'Gols Kuntos in the past, that's for sure! 

Archived