Quarter Season Report Cards

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best player....Jordan McGhee 

Worst player....could name around 5 or 6 here but will go for Dan Turner, he was even god awful in the reserves, didnt feature in a league game and sent home in September

Manager....Hartley (total c%nt) McKinnon has time to fix the total c&nts mess, so no real opinion other than he has tried to make something shiny out of shite

Best signing.... For now would have to say Zak Rudden

Worst signing.... Paul Paton, Petra, Harrison, Dallison all on 2yr contracts, so any of them

Most improved player...nae c%nt

League Winners....Ross County, tho got a feeling Dufc might start ticking along pretty soon

Play Offs....Caley, Ayr and Dundee Utd.

9th.... Partick Th or Morton

Bottom.... Alloa

Best Player in League....Dobbie

Highlight.....Sacking of Hartley

Low light.....chasing shadows v a poor pars team

Comments.....January will shape our season once more

Best player....Jordan McGhee 

Worst player....could name around 5 or 6 here but will go for Dan Turner, he was even god awful in the reserves, didnt feature in a league game and sent home in September

Manager....Hartley (total c%nt) McKinnon has time to fix the total c&nts mess, so no real opinion other than he has tried to make something shiny out of shite

Best signing.... For now would have to say Zak Rudden

Worst signing.... Paul Paton, Petra, Harrison, Dallison all on 2yr contracts, so any of them

Most improved player...nae c%nt

League Winners....Ross County, tho got a feeling Dufc might start ticking along pretty soon

Play Offs....Caley, Ayr and Dundee Utd.

9th.... Partick Th or Morton

Bottom.... Alloa

Best Player in League....Dobbie

Highlight.....Sacking of Hartley

Low light.....chasing shadows v a poor pars team

Comments.....January will shape our season once more

You genuinely believe Falkirk are finishing 7th or higher?

Best Player at your club.... Josh Mullins - He's adding the spark out wide that I crave, stretches the width of the pitch and can put a cross in as well.  

Worst Player at your club...Tony Dingwall - Don't think he's good enough at this level and any potential he may have had seasons ago has vanished. 

Manager(s) at your club Rating...7/10 - currently dealing with an injury crisis to our defence but still grinding out the results, have made a few baffling decisions (that team selection against Caley) but Kettlewell and Ferguson are learning from these issues and don't seem to be repeating mistakes.

Best Signing at your club...Josh Mullins - see above

Worst Signing at your club...Don Cowie - Going to get pelters for this.  A local boy coming back is a great story, but when you have a midfield of Midge, Draper, Lindsay, Mullins and Vigurs.....I just don't see what he adds.

Most Improved Player at your club...Still not a big fan, but Kelly is starting to settle in and seem competent enough, if not dazzling.   

Who's winning the League?...Ross County - unless we screw it up, and I've followed enough football to realise that could still happen.

Who's making the play offs?...Dundee Utd, Caley, Ayr - Ayr will drop off I think towards the end of the season, but the advantage gained early on will give them enough of a cusion. 

Who's finishing 9th? ... Partick Thistle or Falkirk - Both struggling under new management stuck with poorly built teams until the window, may not be enough time to claw back the points dropped

Who's finishing bottom?...Alloa - Only seen them once and they frustrated County till late in the game, but just couldn't see them scoring enough to win games.

Best player in the league?...Shankland/Dobbie - goalscorers always get the headlines, but these two are flying at the moment, hard to separate either just now.

Highlight so far of the season..Billy McKay finding his mojo against Dundee Utd, 

Lowlight...watching the injury list grow and never seem to reduce.

Any other comments...3pm kick-offs on a Saturdays.....one of the positives to come from our relegation.

best player at club?

Jordan McGhee

worst player at club?

Paul Paton. can't run or even walk well. tries to play the hard man ineffectively. the fact he's probably on a decent wage and 2 year contract puts him slightly higher than the incredible number of options I could have picked in this category

manager rating?

Hartley could not have done worse blindfolded with no budget. should never get another managerial job again. 0/10. McKinnon too early to say but I like the way he's gone about things so far

best signing?

I think both Irving and rudden two very young players on loan have done okay so far and certainly better than their older team mates. buaben could take this next quarter

worst signing?

like a kid in a sweet shop here too many to choose. could almost say all of them. best players are those that were with us or are in on loan. rest are guff

most improved player

no one. seriously no one

who's making play offs?

county United Inverness and hopefully Ayr as I like the way McCall plays to entertain. dobbie could sneak queens in

9th?

hopefully Falkirk. I predicted 7th at the start of the season and think even that's too much if an ask now

10th?

alloa although they are playing better than us just now. we really need a decent window in January and to be in touch by then or we could be straight bottom

best player in league?

dobbie

low light?

seeing us in a pre season game at alloa and realising immediately I was very underwhelmed by the much acclaimed new signings. not much changed since then. in 35 years never seen a worse collection of falkirk players or performances. I've a season ticket and not seen us win since April or seen us score a goal. an almost impossible achievement

comments

must do better!

I love the idea that Paul Paton doesn't "even walk well".
The only time he ever shifts is when his number comes up on the board following another utterly pointless yellow card and he knows he can stop pretending for another week, the fucking p***k.

Best Player at your club

Lawrence Shankland. I didn’t know it was possible to have sexual feelings towards a football player but here we go. 

Worst Player at your club

Not going to single anyone here as we’ve had a fantastic start to the season. 

Manager(s) at your club Rating

Based on this season along 9 3/4/10. His tenure at the club as a whole? 7/10

Best Signing of the summer at your club?

All our new signings have came into the team and done well but I’ll give this one to Ross Doohan. Goalkeeper was a troublesome position for us so important we got it right this season and so far he’s been very good. 

Worst Signing at your club

See above answer. All our new signings have came into the team and made an impact. 

Most Improved Player at your club

Alan Forrest has clearly done a lot of work in the gym over the summer and has bulked up a fair bit and we and him are reaping the rewards of this. 

Who's winning the League?

Ross County. 

Who's making the playoffs?

Dundee United, ICT and hopefully us.

Who's finishing 9th?

Falkirk

Who's going down?

Alloa Athletic

Best player in the league?

Lawrence Shankland. Stephen Dobbie has Photos of him in his bedroom.

Highlight so far of the season…

Sticking 5 (Five) past the famous. 

Lowlight...

Being 2-0 down to a dig meat Falkirk side. Lucky we managed to turn it round 

36 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

You predicted Alloa bottom and either Morton or Thistle 8th. I assume that means you foresee Falkirk finishing above these teams?

Where did I say who was finishing 8th ?

Read the question

Where did I say who was finishing 8th ?
Read the question

If you predict Alloa will finish bottom, and second bottom will be between Partick and Morton, logical deduction suggests 9th belongs to one and 8th the other. The question remains: where do you think Falkirk will finish the season?

Best Player at your club: Lawrence Shankland

Worst Player at your club: Probably David Ferguson now, only contracted to new year as well. 

Manager(s) at your club Rating:  8/10. 

Best Signing at your club: Andy Murdoch. 

Worst Signing at your club: Dan Harvie (I quite like him but the two red cards make him the man for this). 

Most Improved Player at your club: Forrest has worked very hard in the summer and it shows. 

Who's winning the League? Ayr

Who's making the play offs? Ross County, Inverness and Queen of the South. 

Who's finishing 9th? Falkirk. 

Who's finishing bottom? Alloa. 

Best player in the league? Dobbie. 

Highlight so far of the season: Ayr 4-1 Dunfermline.  We have won by a bigger score against Morton but this was a far more comprehensive victory over the course.  

Lowlight: Queen of the South 5-0 Ayr United.  Just a disaster day.  

Any other comments: This is much more fun than dicking about the bottom two and going down. 

7 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

If you predict Alloa will finish bottom, and second bottom will be between Partick and Morton, logical deduction suggests 9th belongs to one and 8th the other. The question remains: where do you think Falkirk will finish the season?

My answer was Partick or Morton which could suggest 8th for the other but was simply down to new management, Id be surprised to see Johansson last the season

Archived