Quarter Season Report Cards

Best Player at your club - Michael Tidser

Worst Player at your club - Robert Thomson

Manager(s) at your club Rating - Too early to say, only had a few games so need to go with a 6/10 for now

Best Signing at your club - Chris Millar

Worst Signing at your club - Connor Bell (harsh as he's hardly played but I was struggling)  possibly Tiffoney tae

Most Improved Player at your club - Hard to really pick one, a lot of new players since the start of the season,  Ryan Scully probably

Who's winning the League? - Ross County

Who's making the play offs? - Dundee United, Ayr & ICT

Who's finishing 9th? - Falkirk

Who's finishing bottom? - Alloa

Best player in the league? - Hard to pick 1 so I'll say Tidser, Shankland and Dobbie

Highlight so far of the season... - Not really been that many, probabaly beating Falkirk last week 1-0, cracking celebrations for the winner

Lowlight... - Losing 5-1 at home to Ayr

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Usual pish...

Best Player at your club

Stuart Bannigan

Worst Player at your club

Performance wise has to be Christie Elliott. Three goals caused by absolute brain Farts. He has assisted a couple of goals but he has regressed badly. Hopefully the new manager can get his confidence back as his squad has been left with no replacement.

Manager(s) at your club Rating

TBC

Best Signing at your club

Coulibaly

Worst Signing at your club

A few still to perform anywhere near their potential. 

Most Improved Player at your club

Can't think of anyone that has stepped up from a poor revious season.

Who's winning the League?

Ross County

Who's making the play offs?

Dundee United, Ayr Utd and someone else....

Who's finishing 9th?

Falkirk

Who's finishing bottom?

Alloa Athletic

Best player in the league?

Lawrence Shankland

Highlight so far of the season...

Storer and Spittal strikes, bridies at Dunfermline. 

Lowlight...

Too many to mention....

Any other comments...

After jettisoning Archie it's all about Gary Caldwell keeping our noses above water until January. The squad really need to look at themselves as I genuinely believe we have some good players but we need leadership and an upturn in personal performances.

It's gonna be a long season....

We could right the sinking ship and finish 4th or the task is too big at hand and we end up in the relegation playoff with an inevitable feeling of doom about it all.

I'd take 8th right now on the back of a re-jig of the squad.

Usual pish...

Best Player at your club
Shankland has probably been our best player but mentions should go to Kerr, Adams, Murdoch and Forrest.
Can’t really put anyone under that category.
9.5/10
Ross Doohan, after last seasons situation with goalies
We’ve only made 4 new signing and they’ve all impressed.
Easily Alan Forrest. His biggest issue was always his physicality but he’s not getting pushed off the ball and he’s actually challenging other players in 50/50s
Ross County
Ayr, Dundee United and ICT. Dunfermline have a chance if they bin Johnson but I can’t see that happening soon.
Who's finishing 9th?
Falkirk
Who's finishing bottom?
Alloa
Shankland. Won’t go against him.
Either beating Dunfermline 4-1 or Partick 2-0 on the opening day.
Lowlight...
Probably losing 5-0 against QoTS. They’re a decent side but we made them look like world beaters.

Best Player at your club Jordan McGhee

Worst Player at your club Tom Owen-Evans

Manager(s) at your club Rating Hartley - 0/10, McKinnon - 5/10

Best Signing at your club Probably Buaben by default. Maybe Rudden.

Worst Signing at your club Genuinely can't get this down to just 1 - eight names I'd go with are Owen-Evans, Paton, Mackin, Fasan, Froxylias, Greenwood, Haber and Turner

Most Improved Player at your club ..............................................

Who's winning the League? Ross County

Who's making the play offs? Inverness, Ayr and Dundee Utd

Who's finishing 9th? Alloa

Who's finishing bottom? Falkirk

Best player in the league? Dobbie

Highlight so far of the season... Hartley getting his jotters

Lowlight... Realising at the Queens game that we have a Claude Anelka-esque squad

Any other comments... The faith some people still have in our squad is baffling

Usual pish...

Best Player at your club

Dobbie

No one stands out as stinking...yet

7/10

Mikey Doyle

Norman hasn’t done much but is a young lad and deserves time

Dykes

Ross County

ICT, Dundee United, anyone else with the exception of Falkirk or Alloa

Who's finishing 9th?

Alloa

Who's finishing bottom?

Falkirk hopefully

Stephen Dobbie

Pumping Ayr 5-0 with Dobbie getting 4 and Shankland 0

Lowlight...

In terms of the league, 3-3 at home to Alloa and 3-2 loss to a very beatable Partick

Any other comments...

We are where most expect us to be, when Harkins comes back I can see us putting together a decent play off push, this league is absolutely crazy this year and I fckn love it

Best Player at your club: 

Iain Vigurs. His passing and tempo setting are invaluable to us. He's definently the man in midfield for us. Really shows how much less effective we are when teams get tighter on him like Ayr did in the second half last week.

Tony Dingwall. Really not sure why he's still part of the first team plans. Occasional flashes of usefulness hidden by a lot of mediocrity. Would most likely do a job a tier below us.

9/10 I think Fergie and Ketts have done a pretty good job so far, just taken a wee bit of time to figure out the best formation and team to us. Only one defeat in the league, gave a good Hibs team a fright in Edinburgh so very few issues so far.

Josh Mullin. Two worldies, pacey, always willing to run- the best wide player I've seen at County for a number of years. Occasionally wants to beat one man too many, but at the minute he's our go to guy when we need something special. Calum Morris would be a good shout for #2.

Harsh, but Declan McManus is quickly dropping down to being our #3 striker just due to his lack of goals. Mckay is finding his mojo again, so I think game time for him may be limited.

As bungle said, Mckay looks likes he's starting to believe in himself in front of goal again. His goal against Ayr was an example of this- probably slightly slashed at it but it still ended up in the back of the net.

I think we have to be favourites with the strength of our squad and the potential to strengthen in January if required.

Ayr, Caley and probably Dundee United.

Who's finishing 9th?

Falkirk. They'll probably just do enough to squeeze Alloa down to 10th.

Who's finishing bottom?

Alloa. Fully part times struggle in the second tier, so I think they'll just fall short of the playoff spot.

As of this minute, hard to look past Shankland or Dobbie.

The first half performance against Ayr or the performance away to Dunfermline, which both featured screamers from Mullin.

Lowlight...

The performance at home to Caley. The gaffers pretty much got everything wrong in the first sixty minutes.

Any other comments...

I wouldn't be surprised if a top flight team struggling for goals or a league one side comes in for Mullin in January. His performances will have brought him to the attention of scouts.

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Usual pish...

Best Player at your club: Iain Vigurs.  If he was five years younger, there's no chance he'd be in the Championship.  Utter class.

Worst Player at your club: Sean Kelly or Tony Dingwall (harsh on the former, and pure frustration at the latter)

Manager(s) at your club Rating 13/20  As yet unproven, but Stuart Kettlewell is ever so dreamy, and in the end, isn't that what really counts?

Best Signing at your club: Josh Mullin - not sure what Livingston were thinking.  I'd be surprised if he's at County next season, even if they go up.

Worst Signing at your club: Declan McManus flatters to deceive.

Most Improved Player at your club: Billy Mckay's got his mojo back.  Sean Kelly is playing first XI football, rather than watching the reserves. Either of them.

Who's winning the League?: Dundee United have the best squad.  Did Laszlo do too much damage to their chances?

Who's making the play offs?  Ross County, Inverness, Ayr

Who's finishing 9th? Alloa

Who's finishing bottom? Falkirk

Best player in the league? Dobbie of QOTS.  But he's 103.  I really like Ayr's goalkeeper.  Looks like a prospect.

Highlight so far of the season... Josh Mullin's goal against Dunfermline (although Billy Doddsgate is fast becoming one of the greatest things ever)

Lowlight...Dundee United sacking their manager.  That had all sorts of comedy potential.

Any other comments...I'd like to meet Lawrence Shankland at the festive period and say "Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence" and see if he gets it.

Edited to add:  Comrie's post and mine are eerily similar on the parts with any substance.

Also to add: the Championship forum is just nicer, more pleasant forum than the Premiership.  Well done everyone concerned.

Best Player at your club

Stuart Bannigan

Miles Storey

Archibald: 2/10. Caldwell: too early.

Craig Slater

Jack Storer

Aidan Fitzpatrick

County

Dundee Utd, Ayr, Inverness

Who's finishing 9th?

Morton

Who's finishing bottom?

Alloa

Dobbie

Nothing.

Lowlight...

2-0 loss to County. So much apathy.

Any other comments...

I hate the Championship.

Best Player at your club  - Stuart Bannigan. If he wasn't injured for 2 and a half years, he'd have been long gone. We'll be lucky to keep him in January

Worst Player at your club - Miles Storey. I've lost patience now. Thought the step down in leagues would be good for him. How wrong I was.

Manager(s) at your club Rating - Alan Archibald - 0/10. A sad, but abject way to end a largely successful tenure. Should never have been given the summer, though. Gary Caldwell is 1/10 so far based on that shocking Alloa performance. He's being given the benefit of the doubt until after January though.

Best Signing at your club - Craig Slater, although that'll probably change to Coulibaly once he starts playing.

Worst Signing at your club - Dan Jeffries. As previously alluded to, a CB on loan from Dundee. Not played yet, and if he can't get in our woeful defence then he must be abysmal.

Most Improved Player at your club - Tam O'Ware. He'll be a far better player for not having to play alongside this shite.

Who's making the play offs? - Dundee Utd, Ayr Utd, ICT

Who's finishing 9th? Falkirk

Who's finishing bottom? Alloa

Best player in the league? Stephen Dobbie

Highlight so far of the season... Errrmmmm.... Jack Storer's screamer in the league cup? 

Lowlight... Too many to mention, but that Dunfermline away game sticks out for being particularly shite and Archie-esque.

Any other comments... End the season now, please.

Not going to do a full report as I've not seen enough games, but surely Michael Tidser is most improved? Looked as though he'd lost his way (or was just past it) last season, but been (generally) tremendous so far this season.

Best Player at your club - Michael Tidser.

Worst Player at your club - Scott Tiffoney. Far less ability than he thinks he has, and a fucking stinking attitude.

Manager(s) at your club Rating - A bit too early to be definitive here; 5/10.

Best Signing at your club - Chris Millar.

Worst Signing at your club - Ray McKinnon.

Most Improved Player at your club - Michael Tidser or Ryan Scully. Scully had a fucking nightmare down at Ayr but has been better than I expected.

Who's winning the League? - Ross County

Who's making the play offs? - Dunfermline, Inverness, Dundee United

Who's finishing 9th? - Alloa

Who's finishing bottom? - Grangemouth

Best player in the league? - Stephen Dobbie.

Highlight so far of the season... - Whacking Day.

Lowlight... - Morton 1-5 Ayr.

The FourFourTwo-esque format of questions is gubbins and so I’m going to disregard it.

I’d give us a B- grade after the quarter. With a huge turnover of players and staff in the summer I didn’t expect much more than the points that we currently have. King Snake’s departure and Denny Johnstone’s fitness issues being aggravated by our idiot caretaker duo have also had a major negative effect, so to still have 13 points is pretty good going IMO.

Johannson hasn’t hit the ground running though and so there are reasonable concerns about how the rest of the season will pan out. A new entrant to management deserves patience and his line-up on Saturday looked like our strongest team in the absence of Johnstone, but it’s too early to tell how our season will pan out.

Best Player at your club
Kallum Higginbotham

Danny Devine for his mistakes

2/10 this season

Jackson Longridge

Danny Devine

None really most have went backwards or stayed the same

Ross County

Ayr United and one from us ict and partick

Who's finishing 9th?
Falkirk

Who's finishing bottom?
Alloa

Dobbie

Beating falkirk

Lowlight...
Losing heavily to ayr

Any other comments...

Manager needs to turn it around and fast

Best Player at your club- Yeah, it's Bannigan now he's close to full fitness again though we'd be even closer to zero points if not for Erskine this season

Worst Player at your club- Miles Storey would be a personal trainer hawking fitness supplements and punting ching on the side if he couldn't run fast. How the f**k ICT got goals out of him will remain a mystery to me.

Manager(s) at your club Rating- TBD

Best Signing at your club- Slater has looked... OK which makes him stand out vs shite. O'Ware was OK but has turned into Cannavaro  in folk's minds since he got injured. Hopefully  it's Coulibaly come Christmas.

Worst Signing at your club- Jack Storer. Came with well-documented warnings  about his temperament which we chose to ignore, and he's fucking hopeless too.

Most Improved Player at your club- Not one player from last season has got better. To be pedantic, Erskine has improved the most since he first signed in 2009.

Who's winning the League?- County

Who's making the play offs?- Dundee Utd, ICT, and Ayr in that order

Who's finishing 9th?- Thistle. Some might say I'm a pessimist but I could have said 10th.

Who's finishing bottom?- Alloa- they won't play us every week

Best player in the league? Dobbie is a boring answer but almost certainly the correct one

Highlight so far of the season...  Paul Paton losing the rag when he started getting abuse and celebrating conceding a throw in

Lowlight...  Archibald had to go and should have gone in the summer, if not before, but it was sad the way it ended.

Any other comments... We really don't deal well with relegation from the top flight. In the 90s we nearly went bust 18 months later, in the 00s we went back to back relegations. The latter could easily be on the cards

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Best Player at your club Jordan McGhee

Worst Player at your club Tom Owen-Evans

Manager(s) at your club Rating Hartley - 0/10, McKinnon - 5/10

Best Signing at your club Probably Buaben by default. Maybe Rudden.

Worst Signing at your club Genuinely can't get this down to just 1 - eight names I'd go with are Owen-Evans, Paton, Mackin, Fasan, Froxylias, Greenwood, Haber and Turner

Most Improved Player at your club ..............................................

Who's making the play offs? Inverness, Ayr and Dundee Utd

Who's finishing 9th? Alloa

Who's finishing bottom? Falkirk

Best player in the league? Dobbie

Highlight so far of the season... Hartley getting his jotters

Lowlight... Realising at the Queens game that we have a Claude Anelka-esque squad

Any other comments... The faith some people still have in our squad is baffling

You'll need to pick a different Diddy. 

I'd go for Haber just for his complete refusal to do anything at all, despite being a reasonable player. Actual wage thief. 

I'd pull the shutters down on the full season. As we are likely going down bar a miracle. 

12 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Best player....Stuart Bannigan

Worst player....Everyone else

Manager....Same pish as the one before(so far)

Best signing.... None

Worst signing.... All of them

Most improved player...None

League Winners....Ross County

Play Offs....Caley, Ayr and Dundee Utd.

9th.... Partick Th.

Bottom.... Falkirk

Best Player in League....Anyone in a Ross County shirt

Highlight.....Sacking Archibald

Low light.....Appointing Caldwell

Comments.....We are pish.

Generally amazed that  after 4-5 days in charge and bearing in mind not a single players are his signing that Caldwells appointment is a low light and you can say its the same pish as the one before.

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Generally amazed that  after 4-5 days in charge and bearing in mind not a single players are his signing that Caldwells appointment is a low light and you can say its the same pish as the one before.

He hates Thistle and doesnt go to the games, tbf...:angel

14 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Best Player at your club....Stuart Bannigan  - not quite at his best but great to see him back

Worst Player at your club...Christie Elliot made the most bizarre defensive error I've ever seen against Ayr and has been culpable for at least 4 goals...but Storey has been worse- dreadful finisher, can't see a pass or make a decent cross but can run quickly

Manager(s) at your club Rating...I hoped Archie would push on after his reprieve but after having no full backs and only Edwards & Barton in midfield last season, he repeated the squad mis-management with the hapless Elliot as the only right back and Keown & McGinty the only options for centre back.  Caldwell ticks some boxes but there is a niggling echo of Derek Whyte - a distinguished CV without actually looking a great player and a presentable media persona but a failure as Thistle Manager.

Best Signing at your club...Slater has been decent,  Quitongo & Coulibaly  might turn out to be excellent signings, O'Ware would have improved the defence.

Worst Signing at your club...the balance of the squad is the main problem rather than the personnel...no defensive options and too many unexceptional midfielders/wingers -  Storer, Mtumbo plus resigning Storey & Spittal.

Most Improved Player at your club...Fitzpatrick by default since he didn't play last season and has looked good in his brief appearances 

Who's winning the League?...Dundee United...looked a slick side for 60 minutes at Firhill & Neilson has a track record.

Who's making the play offs?...Ross County - dourly efficient,  like St Johnstone; ICT - again by default, not seen them but have seen most of the others; and Ayr - impressive so far but may run out of steam and Shankland

Who's finishing 9th? ...Falkirk - Hartley left them in a terrible mess 

Who's finishing bottom?...Alloa - anything better is an achievement for a part-time side

Best player in the league?...Shankland - I almost applauded his second goal at Firhill.  Fyvie looked quite influential for Dundee United

Highlight so far of the season..Kris Doolan winning a throw against Morton by hitting the back of the net and deflecting it off a Morton defender

Lowlight...realising that Archie has reached the end of the road when even a tired and emotional Red Monkey couldn't make a coherent case for him

Any other comments...there is the nucleus of good players at Firhill but additions in crucial positions are needed,,,and there is the worry that for the second successive season Thistle could sleepwalk into the relegation mire

Archived