Get yer cheeseburgers ready - Clyde vs Peterhead

Not really about yesterdays events but does anyone know what the red lines going across the park are for, know the pitch will be used for a number of things but not sure what they were for.

Also they have maybe been there for some time but only noticed yesterday there is what appears to be cut out of possibly foxes on top of the roof  on the stand behind the goal is there a reason or particular significance of them being there.

Also yesterday cars were directed away from the normal route away from the stadium is this going to be the normal way or was it just a one off for some reason, worked out a bit of a detour for heading north.

Apart from that a good day, not until after half time that the Broadwood chill settled in. Had a bit of fun at the turnstile winding the guy up asking why my money was not good enough, eventually paid by card no problem. Also good to see your programme is back to a decent size & while quite dear is very good quality. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red markings will be for rugby and the foxes at top of stand are to deter seagulls, no idea if it works.

They've been redirecting the traffic for the last few games. The football traffic is supposed to park in the away car park but recently you could get await with parking in home end.

Assuming you get redirected to exit via away side once you come out housing estate if you take a left at the roundabout and then straight through the next one then it will lead you back to the roundabout you would have come out at if leaving via home end.

Have had a look at the highlights & will concede Dunlops tackle probably merited a card what made it look worse was Goodwillie taking the ball in & jumping at the same time, was a good bit of skill & left the defender for dead but don't think he was high or studs up, a yellow would have done. As mentioned have seen this ref before when he could cause a riot in a empty hoose. Enjoyed seeing the goals from yesterday a couple crackers just disappointed we felt the need to score all four.

Not a dig but notice in todays paper the crowd was only 524 seemed pretty poor for a important game any particular reason

If that’s correct, I’m surprised, the crowd looked busier than it has been all year. 

Still, if we keep gifting goals as we have been doing, the crowd will dwindle away once again.

Disappointing to say the least, no point in going over all the issues we have, all been said before. Players out of position being the main one as is always  mind boggling why  so called experienced managers seem to do it frequently.

Have to agree that the red card looks harsh after seeing the highlights. Also love the Clyde fans shouting for offside in the build up to the second goal despite Dow being in his own half when the ball is played :D 

4 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

If that’s correct, I’m surprised, the crowd looked busier than it has been all year. 

Still, if we keep gifting goals as we have been doing, the crowd will dwindle away once again.

Disappointing to say the least, no point in going over all the issues we have, all been said before. Players out of position being the main one as is always  mind boggling why  so called experienced managers seem to do it frequently.

It was the Sunday Mail who are sometimes a bit lax with the truth.

Spot on [emoji106]

I wonder if we have ended up with a Role Royce rather than a Land Rover...we can play beautiful football, at one point yesterday we passed out of left side of defence with a series of flicks and passes that were sublime but then we fail to get beyond the first man with a corner.

When Danny came in he got the basics right. He eliminated the stupid mistakes and this built confidence. Yesterday we were given a footballing lesson. 1st goal we gave away possession and failed to put a man between the ball and the goal. 2nd goal despite our early season success from set pieces we play a corner behind our midfield and attack and got punished. 3rd we lose possession and looked feart to put in a block or a tackle. I'm not sure Currie had a save to make all afternoon. 

We need DGW up front and we need players who will cross from the wing. We need our midfielders, at the right time, to drive at the opposition defence. We need to shoot from outside the box. We need a stopper in central midfield. 

We need our midfielders, at the right time, to drive at the opposition defence.

Our midfielders never drive at the opposition defence and never run beyond the strikers.
Recently, Goodwillie hasn't helped by failing to hold the ball.

We've lots of problems at the moment but I feel they can be fixed, even with the current players.

Maybe start with putting players in their best position and where they are most effective, playing to their strengths.

12 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
43 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

On the bench I assume?

Watch Grant at the first goal. He's not exactly bursting a gut to get back.

Noticed that myself, didn’t help that nicol got himself booked earlier and couldn’t tackle him for fear of another yellow.

4 hours ago, peternapper said:

Have had a look at the highlights & will concede Dunlops tackle probably merited a card what made it look worse was Goodwillie taking the ball in & jumping at the same time, was a good bit of skill & left the defender for dead but don't think he was high or studs up, a yellow would have done. As mentioned have seen this ref before when he could cause a riot in a empty hoose. Enjoyed seeing the goals from yesterday a couple crackers just disappointed we felt the need to score all four.

Not a dig but notice in todays paper the crowd was only 524 seemed pretty poor for a important game any particular reason

Where can we see the highlights?

Not really about yesterdays events but does anyone know what the red lines going across the park are for, know the pitch will be used for a number of things but not sure what they were for.
Also they have maybe been there for some time but only noticed yesterday there is what appears to be cut out of possibly foxes on top of the roof  on the stand behind the goal is there a reason or particular significance of them being there.
Also yesterday cars were directed away from the normal route away from the stadium is this going to be the normal way or was it just a one off for some reason, worked out a bit of a detour for heading north.
Apart from that a good day, not until after half time that the Broadwood chill settled in. Had a bit of fun at the turnstile winding the guy up asking why my money was not good enough, eventually paid by card no problem. Also good to see your programme is back to a decent size & while quite dear is very good quality. 

Bold statement

Archived