Get yer cheeseburgers ready - Clyde vs Peterhead

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given a way back in to the match and we blew it. Not sure if Lang’s first was soft or not. But at 1-0 and on a booking to do that was stupid. That was it for me. We have a corner, play it short and 15 seconds later it’s 2-0. Lyle’s second was a sublime finish, but only after a half arsed tackle from McNiff.

Play-offs it is then. If we sneak back into the race then great.

That second goal was honestly up there with one the most criminal goals I’ve seen us concede. Lang’s sending off (soft or not) was just stupidity. To think that game looked like us having 25 minutes against ten-men, only one goal down. Losing 3-1 in that situation, also with ten men, is an absolute embarrassment.

Really poor again today.

First half was garbage from teams. Peterhead did pass the ball about better without creating much. Well placed shot for their goal but Brown should have been closed down by the Clyde defence. The Norwegian boy looked decent but you could have easily have subbed any of the other midfielders at half time. The Peterhead handball given as a free kick looked just outside the box to me. Think the ref got that right but not much else.

Thought we started well in the second half. We created a few chances but every shot was powder puff.

Straight red card for Peterhead for a late foul on Goodwillie. Lang immediately got booked for us from the resulting free kick but couldn't really see why he got booked. His second yellow was just daft albeit a bit harsh for tripping the Peterhead player.

The second goal we gave away was utter stupidity. Stewart, from a corner, played the ball to Lamont outside the box who lost it and Peterhead raced up field to score with Lyle getting his customary goal against Clyde. Karim's shot from close range deflected in but Lyle was giving plenty of time to score from the edge of the box to make it 3-1.

Not a chance we will be challenging for the title with the form of both Peterhead and Edinburgh. Will be play offs at best for us. The fight just seems to have went out us the last few weeks. I don't think the constant tinkering with the starting line up helps. Goodwillie has been poor for a good few games. Even when we have played poor previously could depend on him to create something out of nothing or go on a mazy run taking out a few of the opposition players that's not really happened recently but the service he has been getting from midfield has been largely nonexistent. Lang is never a right back but with Cuddihy and Duffie both injured struggling there unless you try Grant or Stewart there.

Deserved win for Peterhead three good finishes as for us repeat of last two games a team riddled with cowards scared to put in a tackle . Tom Lang was just nuts to give the referee a decision to make not sure even 11 against 10 we would have got a result but obviously gives you a lot be the chance The team has very little with a winning mentality
Grant and mcstay are good footballers but as soon as the going gets tough they ain't interested but I'm sure they will as usual get off Scot free.
The scapegoats no doubt nicol and Lang . Positives was the new Norwegian player can't see us getting anything at Edinburgh so Stirling at home is a big game for Lennon

Archived