Jump to content
cookieboy

Penicuik Athletic

Recommended Posts

‘A Dog and Frodo Feet’ Ep 35, features an interview with current Penicuik player Grinchy as he comes onto the podcast for a chat and to help preview the semi final against Spartans this weekend. 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/episodes/A-Dog-And-Frodo-Feet---Ep-35--20th-March-e3gqpi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemed to be a luck of useable subs last night.

Are Penicuik struggling for player numbers or fit players?

Bit worrying if they are as the business end of the season approaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Winkles said:

Seemed to be a luck of useable subs last night.

Are Penicuik struggling for player numbers or fit players?

Bit worrying if they are as the business end of the season approaches.

 

A mixture of injuries and the new players that were signed cup tied unfortunately Still the better team on the night but good luck to The Spartans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

 

A mixture of injuries and the new players that were signed cup tied unfortunately Still the better team on the night but good luck to The Spartans

Penicuik the better team last night. 

Sometimes it's just not meant to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Forbes signed back with Stevenson going the other way in a swap deal what do Penicuik fans think of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, stingyjag said:

thought grinchy was more important than Forbes imo

Forbes was arguably the best right back in the super league the season before going to Berwick so time will tell but I think both will do well at their new clubs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard from a very reliable source Forbes and Grinch will both be Penicuik players next season that’s what big clubs do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing result today as HOB continue to be our bogey team. Not that many chances but they took theirs and we didn’t and the second goal was well taken. Felt they parked the bus in the second half, but why not when you are 2 up.  If we’d scored a bit earlier it might have swung the momentum in our favour but not to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having a social club of our own it’s always a pleasure visiting clubs who do.  I like Dundonald as a venue, a nice park and nice to see their new floodlights, and that they still have the sofa for those needing a more comfy viewing position.   

Pleased to see us back to our best for most of the game. 3-0 with 15 to go is comfortable. 3-2 with 10 to go is not. So credit to Dundonald for that.  Several curious decisions from the ref throughout the game resulted in a few tetchy moments and I felt some of the Dundonald players got off lightly with their abuse directed at her, especially given we had a red card last week for similar or less. A stronger stance would have nipped this in the bud earlier. 

So 3 points is always great and we look forward to a huge derby game in the Scottish Cup next week....and another social club 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our bogey team Hill of Beath continue to have us in their back pocket.  After hitting the post in the first minute  and coming close a couple of times afterwards, the home team then punished us twice in the first half. Firstly for not clearing our lines after the ball rebounded off the bar, and the second a good finish after turning inside the defender . Two chances, two goals.  Both sides had chances after that. The second half was mostly Penicuiks but possession, passing and territory doesn’t equal goals and despite several opportunities their goalie wasn’t tested enough.

i am only thankful that we don’t have to play them again in the league, although a cup match in 2 weeks will give us another chance to end their run over us.  

Looking at other results it shows once again that many sides are capable of beating any team on their day so it’s all to play for despite the odd setback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Our bogey team Hill of Beath continue to have us in their back pocket.  After hitting the post in the first minute  and coming close a couple of times afterwards, the home team then punished us twice in the first half. Firstly for not clearing our lines after the ball rebounded off the bar, and the second a good finish after turning inside the defender . Two chances, two goals.  Both sides had chances after that. The second half was mostly Penicuiks but possession, passing and territory doesn’t equal goals and despite several opportunities their goalie wasn’t tested enough.

i am only thankful that we don’t have to play them again in the league, although a cup match in 2 weeks will give us another chance to end their run over us.  

Looking at other results it shows once again that many sides are capable of beating any team on their day so it’s all to play for despite the odd setback. 

Hopefully yous wont get ur luck back next week lol. I did tip penicuik to win the league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,  fair play to your team Alan. They came out of the blocks flying with fast, direct and accurate football. Game over after 13 minutes and thanks for not rubbing it in further by missing the penalty. 🙂

Honestly don’t know what’s wrong. Yes, we have injuries but that’s what a squad is for and I’m sure other teams suffer too.  We’ve not gelled since the cup game. Signs were there on Wednesday against Sauchie but we got through it. Today, we were brutally exposed by 3 straight forward and similar goals. 

Hopefully we’ll sort things out but it’s bogey team HOB again next week (I think). 

Oh, and Norwich lost 5-1 at home too so a smashing day all round 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, norwichbobby said:

Well,  fair play to your team Alan. They came out of the blocks flying with fast, direct and accurate football. Game over after 13 minutes and thanks for not rubbing it in further by missing the penalty. 🙂

Honestly don’t know what’s wrong. Yes, we have injuries but that’s what a squad is for and I’m sure other teams suffer too.  We’ve not gelled since the cup game. Signs were there on Wednesday against Sauchie but we got through it. Today, we were brutally exposed by 3 straight forward and similar goals. 

Hopefully we’ll sort things out but it’s bogey team HOB again next week (I think). 

Oh, and Norwich lost 5-1 at home too so a smashing day all round 😂

I didn't make the game but we must have done well to beat penicuik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I didn't make the game but we must have done well to beat penicuik

Didn’t have to do well we were very poor you certainly deserved your victory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking win today which I've described elsewhere.

Athletic's first home Scottish Cup tie since 1938 (lost 3-1 v King's Park)... and their first home win since 1890 debut (5-3 v Champfleurie).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win today for Penicuik, hope y'all get a great draw guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...