Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
cookieboy

Penicuik Athletic

Recommended Posts

‪Penicuik Athletic FC welcome applications for the post of First Team Manager, CVs should be sent to the Club Secretary Neil Gordon by e-mail before the 31st of October: [email protected]

‪A UEFA B License qualification is a minimum requirement.‬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hume, Barr and Forbes have all been released from their contracts.

I assume to join Berwick.

3 very good players and leaves Penicuik very short in central midfield.

Might scupper their season a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you think that will leave us short in central midfield as only one of these players play there and we managed very well without him for six months not saying he’s a bad player but we will be ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it not really only leave Penicuik with Jones and Connelly as central midfielders?

Yes others can play there but from what I've seen they're more wide players filling in.

No way trying to be controversial here. Stay in Penicuik myself and watch them when I can.

For what it's worth I think the combination of Jones and Connelly works best when they're playing a 4-4-2.

Shame the three players have left like this. Could Penicuik not have held out till January? Maybe get a wee bit money. Go towards the cost of some toilets and hopefully being  licenced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

How do you think that will leave us short in central midfield as only one of these players play there and we managed very well without him for six months not saying he’s a bad player but we will be ok

Any idea on what the chat is with Penicuik getting a licence.

 

Is it something they're hopeful of achieving before the season end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an article in last Saturdays programme saying they are waiting on planning permission at the moment about placing two cabins in the area of changing rooms 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Winkles said:

Hume, Barr and Forbes have all been released from their contracts.

I assume to join Berwick.

3 very good players and leaves Penicuik very short in central midfield.

Might scupper their season a bit.

That’s a bit strange, no? Why the rush did they have some bizarre release clause if the manager left? Presumably that the manager was aware of?

maybe unethical no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BS7 said:

That’s a bit strange, no? Why the rush did they have some bizarre release clause if the manager left? Presumably that the manager was aware of?

maybe unethical no?

Guess the rush from Berwick is because they're rank and in serious danger of going down (assuming they go to Berwick)

No idea why Penicuik would agree at this point though. Surely it could have waited till January and they could have asked for some sort of transfer fee?

Shame, on their day I'd fancy Penicuik against anyone in the play offs. 

To be honest if they can keep everyone fit I probably still would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent performance yesterday beating Broxburn 3-1 but only 2 subs listed. That can be far from ideal.

Anyone know what the chat is here. Lots injured or are more players off to Berwick?

On another note how did they manage to sign two players from Tynecastle, do the East of Scotland league not have a transfer window?

The centre half they signed from Tynecastle does look an excellent signing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winkles said:

Excellent performance yesterday beating Broxburn 3-1 but only 2 subs listed. That can be far from ideal.

Anyone know what the chat is here. Lots injured or are more players off to Berwick?

On another note how did they manage to sign two players from Tynecastle, do the East of Scotland league not have a transfer window?

The centre half they signed from Tynecastle does look an excellent signing though.

Spartans thread says they've signed a player from them as well.  No transfer window at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Winkles said:

Excellent performance yesterday beating Broxburn 3-1 but only 2 subs listed. That can be far from ideal.

Anyone know what the chat is here. Lots injured or are more players off to Berwick?

On another note how did they manage to sign two players from Tynecastle, do the East of Scotland league not have a transfer window?

The centre half they signed from Tynecastle does look an excellent signing though.

I agree a very comfortable win against a top team 

The reason only two on the was Crabbe cup tied McIntosh holiday Summy injured Salazar on loan MacDonald packed in and no idea why Hamilton wasn’t there

It is also true they have signed Craig Stevenson from Spartans according to his Twitter welcome to Penicuik Craig that’s three good replacements by the management 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

I agree a very comfortable win against a top team 

The reason only two on the was Crabbe cup tied McIntosh holiday Summy injured Salazar on loan MacDonald packed in and no idea why Hamilton wasn’t there

It is also true they have signed Craig Stevenson from Spartans according to his Twitter welcome to Penicuik Craig that’s three good replacements by the management 

 

Pleased they're adding bodies. Any idea where he plays?

Think they could still do with signing one or more two though.

Do hope Penicuik can get their licensing application sorted. This really is an excellent side they have assembled. Would love to see them go toe to toe with Bonnyrigg at the end of the year for promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Winkles said:

Pleased they're adding bodies. Any idea where he plays?

Think they could still do with signing one or more two though.

Do hope Penicuik can get their licensing application sorted. This really is an excellent side they have assembled. Would love to see them go toe to toe with Bonnyrigg at the end of the year for promotion. 

He's a great signing for Penicuik plays left back an ideal replacement for Forbes. 

Edited by newcastle broon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

He's a great signing for Penicuik plays left back an ideal replacement for Forbes. 

Forbes played right back.

Ryan Baptie plays left back at the moment and is pretty decent. Guess he could get moved further forward though.

 

Still all good having competition for places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Winkles said:

Forbes played right back.

Ryan Baptie plays left back at the moment and is pretty decent. Guess he could get moved further forward though.

 

Still all good having competition for places.

Ah my bad  :oops

Craig can get up and doon the park as well though. Still a decent signing for yous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stevenson will prove to be a great signing for Penicuik proven lowland league player can play in centre midfield or full back great replacement for Andy forbes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×