Penicuik Athletic

Really enjoyed the game yesterday, I thought at half time that the 4 great chances missed would be a problem but stenhousemuir were actually worse in the second half.

Penalty decision was right in front of me, he was caught late but the ball had already been sliced out of the ground

Is there an archive anywhere of pictures from Eastfield park?

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Another club and town thats absolutely buzzing.  I'm sure any doubters now canny have any arguments  👏

Screenshot_20191031-150041_Twitter.jpg

What an absolute nonsense having Penicuik selling tickets for the game being held in a stadium with a capacity of 10,000 plus  WHY ????

7 hours ago, cookieboy said:

What an absolute nonsense having Penicuik selling tickets for the game being held in a stadium with a capacity of 10,000 plus  WHY ????

1 hour ago, bendan said:

Yes, it seems bizarre. 

Er maybes something to do with accommodating away fans in the away section which will have a cap on holding a certain amount of fans. Police and health and safety issues maybes. 🤔🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Er maybes something to do with accommodating away fans in the away section which will have a cap on holding a certain amount of fans. Police and health and safety issues maybes. 🤔🤷‍♂️

Is there a danger of Partick not being able to accommodate the Penicuik support in the away section at Firhill? 

1 hour ago, bendan said:

Is there a danger of Partick not being able to accommodate the Penicuik support in the away section at Firhill? 

Doubt it but Penicuik would have given them an estimate of numbers travelling so they can decide which away end to put them in as there are 2 used at Firhill if I recall. 

It's no just about turning up on the day. Partick will need stewards and food outlets to consider as well I'd imagine ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Doubt it but Penicuik would have given them an estimate of numbers travelling so they can decide which away end to put them in as there are 2 used at Firhill if I recall. 

It's no just about turning up on the day. Partick will need stewards and food outlets to consider as well I'd imagine ? 

I understand all that but surely if the estimate given by Penicuik is more than the smaller away stand holds then common sense says use the larger one       No matter where we are put I will definitely be there ticket already purchased Mon the Cookie 

Away fans at Partick use the Main Stand these days which seats 3,000 although possibly only 2,000 of this is now used. Home fans use the big modern stand opposite (6,000) and the end stand (2,000). Unless they think crowd won't justify opening all 3.

Given their average crowd last season was 3,000... possibly less now... and with the best will in the world there may not be huge attraction in a Scottish Cup tie against a side from tier 6, there should clearly be no issue in accommodating those wanting to attend, even if Penicuik took 1,500 or 2,000. However it's stated on a "ground guide" website that the Main Stand does not operate cash turnstiles - tickets are bought from a booth - and if such is the case for this tie then selling as many tickets as possible in advance could be sensible to avoid long queues at matchday? Plus gauging how many stewards, pies, etc.

Interestingly there's a suggestion on social media that Penicuik may have the largest travelling support in Scotland on Saturday 23rd November. Having moved for TV both Hamilton-Rangers and St Johnstone-Aberdeen are Sunday... leaving biggest 'on-the-road' in league games as Hearts (at Kilmarnock), Motherwell (at Hibs) and Dundee (at Inverness).

That would be an extraordinary achievement for a club from tier 6 visiting a club from tier 2 in Scottish Cup R3.

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 2 weeks later...

This season, most away supports are housed in the north end of the 6,000 seat Jackie Husband stand with home supporters in the rest. They will probably just need to know where to put the segregation barrier. 

BTW all the best to Penicuik, short of a shock result, that is. Have a great day. You deserve it.

10 hours ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

This season, most away supports are housed in the north end of the 6,000 seat Jackie Husband stand with home supporters in the rest. They will probably just need to know where to put the segregation barrier. 

BTW all the best to Penicuik, short of a shock result, that is. Have a great day. You deserve it.

A great day out expected. Around 15 buses booked and plenty others making their own way. Should be close on 1000 coming if not more.  

From the Partick Thistle website - 

Tuesday 12th November, 2019 at 12:21pm

Penicuik Athletic have requested, and will receive, an extra 500 tickets for our upcoming William Hill Scottish Cup tie taking their allocation to 1,500 tickets.

Penicuik Athletic supporters will be housed in the north end of the Jackie Husband Stand occupying sections 7,8 and 9. A decision will be made on whether a cash gate will be available to Penicuik Athletic supporters, who will enter the stadium through turnstiles 40 and 41, closer to the game.

From the Partick Thistle website - 

Tuesday 12th November, 2019 at 12:21pm

Penicuik Athletic have requested, and will receive, an extra 500 tickets for our upcoming William Hill Scottish Cup tie taking their allocation to 1,500 tickets.

Penicuik Athletic supporters will be housed in the north end of the Jackie Husband Stand occupying sections 7,8 and 9. A decision will be made on whether a cash gate will be available to Penicuik Athletic supporters, who will enter the stadium through turnstiles 40 and 41, closer to the game.

Superb effort by Penicuik [emoji106]