DAFC v DUFC - 27/10/2018

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd like to see Clark in for King. If Watson's available then him in at right back and I'd be tempted to put Murdoch over to left back. The way we're set up doesn't need the full backs to get forward and I'm far from convinced by Booth defensively. Murdoch's had a few howlers but I think overall he's a decent defender.

Have to disagree with Clark coming and McMullan going on the wing. McMullan's been great upfront/ being given that free role, and has (arguably) played his best football for United in that role, I don't see the need in changing that just to give Clark a chance which will likely come later.

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No, he thinks Allan Johnston will be sacked. He said he'd be gone if we lost on Saturday but in a massive shock, that was total and complete pish.

Just like every single post he's ever made on this website.

Why stick with him I don't understand he can't turn it around ok maybe give him another few weeks . but nothing will change same old same old 

9 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Have to disagree with Clark coming and McMullan going on the wing. McMullan's been great upfront/ being given that free role, and has (arguably) played his best football for United in that role, I don't see the need in changing that just to give Clark a chance which will likely come later.

I don't disagree that McMullan's been great in a more central role. King however was very poor on Saturday and really doesn't pull his weight when you're asking the forwards to defend from the front (imo). Bringing Clark in for King and shifting McMullan out to the wing would greatly improve one position whilst offering a more direct goal threat in the centre. I wouldn't be greatly averse to seeing the same team again on Saturday, just suggesting a little tweak.

1 hour ago, Newmember said:

Why stick with him I don't understand he can't turn it around ok maybe give him another few weeks . but nothing will change same old same old 

PoTM doesn't decide if/when AJ gets booted. 

15 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

It’ll indirectly be the fans that decide, when the board hears enough sacking chants and the attendances dwindle affecting the bottom line.

Our lean spell last season was worse than this, but he pulled it back.

This may be the wrong thread, but where do Dunfermilne fans think they should realistically be?  Given the other teams in the league I would have thought mid-table would be a reasonable prospect.

It’ll indirectly be the fans that decide, when the board hears enough sacking chants and the attendances dwindle affecting the bottom line.

Do you really think our "lean spell" last year was worse? I remember it being pretty hard going (especially the 5-2 Queens game and the 2-0 loss in Paisley) but I'm not sure that the football was as bad as it's been in recent games.

Do you really think our "lean spell" last year was worse? I remember it being pretty hard going (especially the 5-2 Queens game and the 2-0 loss in Paisley) but I'm not sure that the football was as bad as it's been in recent games.
Results wise, yes. Performance wise, I agree it's not been the passing, attacking, use of width brand of football we'd become accustomed to.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

This may be the wrong thread, but where do Dunfermilne fans think they should realistically be?  Given the other teams in the league I would have thought mid-table would be a reasonable prospect.

In the playoffs, our level if run correctly is about top end championship, bottom end Premiership, given that yourselves and County will have a far larger budget we should be looking to tuck in behind in third at least, if we're not then we're not being managed terribly well. 

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

It is generally always the fans tbf.

The moment that the support starts singing  the managers name, followed by Get the f**k, he knows his days are numbered.*

This is followed by fans protesting with their feet, choosing to go to Ikea with the missus on a Saturday afternoon rather than going to the game. In this day and age, even a small drop in the home gate, (for us it was about 2000 mainly PATG in the end), is unsustainable in the long term and will prompt chairmen into action.

Nothing at all against Allan Johnston, but hoping to hear you all singing that song to him at 4.45 on Saturday.

* See Hartley, Laszlo Mccann

I doubt they will be emptied even if the lost on Saturday. AJ and SC have 18 monts on thier contracts which in anyones book is £100k it helps that at the moment there is no chance of being relegated. We need to ride the storm and hope to see the good results start again. For once I agree with D.A.F.C I hate it when its gets nasty, I can promise that AJ isint going out there to lose games we just havnt clicked this season yet.

Shame Robson seems to have been (rightfully) punted from United team as we had so much joy against him last time out

I doubt they will be emptied even if the lost on Saturday. AJ and SC have 18 monts on thier contracts which in anyones book is £100k it helps that at the moment there is no chance of being relegated. We need to ride the storm and hope to see the good results start again. For once I agree with D.A.F.C I hate it when its gets nasty, I can promise that AJ isint going out there to lose games we just havnt clicked this season yet.

Shame Robson seems to have been (rightfully) punted from United team as we had so much joy against him last time out
Again, as has been mentioned whenever a manager has been sacked this season (i.e. lots) - it's highly unlikely that a manager being sacked would have the whole remainder of their contract paid up. It's more likely that they'd get a package of some sort.

Either flapping keeper

Murdoch Bouhenna Frans Booth

McMullan Fyvie Stanton Aird

Clark  Safranko

Or

Either flapping keeper

Murdoch Bouhenna Frans Booth

Fyvie.  Stanton

Aird.        McMullan.     King

Safranko

11 hours ago, Newmember said:

Because he's improved our league position every season he's been in charge, despite never truly having the backing of the fans since we got back to the second tier.

Feel this could be a big week for AJ. We should be looking for five points as a bare minimum.

Archived