DAFC v DUFC - 27/10/2018

They beat us first day of the season and broke the hoodoo.  Time for the Tangerine Revenge.

Same team as Saturday, same effort, same intensity and hopefully more goals.

Oh Pavol Safranko...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neilson to introduce the novel concept of shooting practice into the curriculum this week, hence bringing about the 2-1 destruction of the PARS by the mighty Terrors.

Hopefully.

Neilson to introduce the novel concept of shooting practice into the curriculum this week, hence bringing about the 2-1 destruction of the PARS by the mighty Terrors.
Hopefully.
Why do you capitalize Pars? Mentalist behaviour.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
12 hours ago, MacArab said:
Hopefully.

Why do you capitalize Pars? Mentalist behaviour.

Actually, I think it is because something a Dunfermline fan once told me when I asked him why you lot were called the Pars (is that better?).

I am sure that he told me that it was an acronym for Plymouth Argyll Reserve Squad, based on the adoption of Dunfermline FC from all the dock workers coming to Rosyth from Plymouth back in the day, and that’s why I capitalise Pars.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Actually, I think it is because something a Dunfermline fan once told me when I asked him why you lot were called the Pars (is that better?).
I am sure that he told me that it was an acronym for Plymouth Argyll Reserve Squad, based on the adoption of Dunfermline FC from all the dock workers coming to Rosyth from Plymouth back in the day, and that’s why I capitalise Pars.
Hope that clears things up for you.
Plymouth Argyll Rosyth Supporters but that's only one possible explanation.

Anyway, if it's anything like the games at East End against United (Shite) over the past few years, we'll totally dominate, miss a few chances/penalties, lose a silly avoidable goal with their first real attack of the game and go on to lose by 2 or 3. Or if it's like most of the home games this season, we'll stink the place out for long periods, have a wee 10 minute spell where we look decent but still lose. Either way, away win, Sanfranko or whatever he's called to score, some fans to boo at the end and others to complain about fans not getting behind the team.

No game for us this weekend, been missing the Championship ([emoji3]) and Jacko so might just come through to this

Bring a mate, in fact bring 20, they can stand in for some of the naysayers that are giving it a miss because they only come to games that they think we will win. If you were at the playoffs maybe your luck against United might rub off and will be helpful.

6 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Bring a mate, in fact bring 20, they can stand in for some of the naysayers that are giving it a miss because they only come to games that they think we will win. If you were at the playoffs maybe your luck against United might rub off and will be helpful.

Think I'm bringing one along with me :D Best place to sit? 

Dunfermline in a bit of a rut as far as I see things and United possibly turning a corner - Pars won 3-2 earlier in the season though but it seems like AJ has his job on the line in this one. It's going to be weird not seeing either team absolutely hassling the opponent with non-stop pressure. Hopefully will be able to take a look at the game though and see what's happening this season with both teams.

Anyone care to fill me in on teams that will likely start on Saturday?

Same team as last game for this one. Would like us to be more clinical in front of goal as still not convinced in our ability to keep a clean sheet and feel we may see a few more games like the Partick one where we got a 2 goal lead then tried to see the game out. 

Not sure what to expect from Dunfermline as thought they were decent in opening game with 3-2 scoreline flattering us but they have really struggled since. In the last couple of seasons Utd v a struggling team almost always seemed to lead to dropped points but hopefully those days are behind us and we can start trying to close the gap at the top. 

With any luck Jimmy mac has recalled fais to Dundee.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the same starting 11 again. Then when we're 1/2-0 down aj can go to the great change of 5ft 2 connally up front with whoever. Probably Ryan Williamson for all I care. Pars to lose aj to get more abuse as fans get sick of the same pish every week.

Should I go? No
Do I want to go? No
Will I go? Probably

50 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Think I'm bringing one along with me :D Best place to sit? 

Dunfermline in a bit of a rut as far as I see things and United possibly turning a corner - Pars won 3-2 earlier in the season though but it seems like AJ has his job on the line in this one. It's going to be weird not seeing either team absolutely hassling the opponent with non-stop pressure. Hopefully will be able to take a look at the game though and see what's happening this season with both teams.

Anyone care to fill me in on teams that will likely start on Saturday?

Sit in the North West, it's the smallest of the three stands, you'll enjoy yourself more. 

I'm genuinely unsure as to what team AJ will start, he's not one to make wholesale changes but he'll definitely be feeling the pressure. 

Hoping that the three guys Poet mentioned will play some part but reckon they won't and united will score first leading to the majority of the crowd getting on the teams back. I'm not looking forward to it tbh which is probably the first time I've felt like that since the JJ or Potter era. The football is utterly boring predictable one paced turgid brain numbingly bad.

He will probably start Connolly upfront or something mental like that.

Archived