Berwick v Cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, Hallowed Turf said:

Unbiased highlights, showing very weak penalty award and ball won cleanly (Wilson, 2nd red), will appear at midnight as per SPFL rules.

I agree the penalty was soft but there's absolutely no way that Wilson was in control with that tackle for the second red.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree the penalty was soft but there's absolutely no way that Wilson was in control with that tackle for the second red.
Watched the highlights there for myself.
Poor decision for the penalty, very soft IMO.

But that 2nd red was reckless & not in control.
Correct decision.

Although the Cowden fella can be quite lucky to have stayed on the pitch, don't know who it was but I agree with the Felly in the video who says "that's off, THATS OFF!" right before the ref produces the yellow.

I don't think it was anything like a red, think where the ref is standing made it look worse. The tackle at 4.26 was a booking but just. Penalty looked soft but they're given all the time. Never realised the first red was after 15 minutes, how can the Berwick gaffer actually say that there's no doubt in his mind they'd have won it with 11 men on park, based on what? Haha

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't think it was anything like a red, think where the ref is standing made it look worse. The tackle at 4.26 was a booking but just. Penalty looked soft but they're given all the time. Never realised the first red was after 15 minutes, how can the Berwick gaffer actually say that there's no doubt in his mind they'd have won it with 11 men on park, based on what? Haha

They had a shot on goal after two minutes, strung two passes together AND also got a corner. Solid argument from Harvey IMO. 

I think we can afford to cut the Berwick manager some slack. They had a bad day yesterday and clearly were struggling to win after 15ish minutes. He has to remain positive after only one league game played. If he had come out of the game full of doom and gloom, then he could have been criticised. He has to change mind sets going on to next week. I will say though in Cowdens last two seasons we always found a way to lose games we could have won. I'm just wondering/hoping if that baton has been passed on. I did have to laugh at the interviewer when he said at the end. WELL DONE.  Lol.

I think the fact most Berwick fans agree with the manager, despite a 3-0 home defeat, shows that he was probably right. Having watched the game, I find his summary far more accurate than a bunch of well lubricated Cowden fans desperate to ignore the fact that their team laboured in the performance against an opposition who gifted them a win. Though you did finally take some control of the game as we dropped to 8 men.

I think the fact most Berwick fans agree with the manager, despite a 3-0 home defeat, shows that he was probably right. Having watched the game, I find his summary far more accurate than a bunch of well lubricated Cowden fans desperate to ignore the fact that their team laboured in the performance against an opposition who gifted them a win. Though you did finally take some control of the game as we dropped to 8 men.

58177497.jpg

8 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Lol. 

My 2 cents worth on yesterday...

1. It was fucking freezing and I'm glad there was no snow
  2. Didn't see the incident for the first red personally, but my co-attendee did see the tail end and said the Berwick boy took an AFL style punt at Cox .  He didn't see what Cox may or may not have done so no idea why he was booked as part of the same incident
  3. Swann should have had 2 in the bag before the penalty and missed out on a hattrick even after that
  4. Soft penalty
  5. Classy penalty that needed to be or the keeper had it, not sure who would have taken the pen if he wasn't playing
  6. Swann > Smith (where is he?).  Over the last few seasons, Swann generally offers more moments in a game than Smith if you ask me, even if he needs to learn to work a bit more (does Smith?)
  7. Felt a bit sorry for the second red, a split second either way it could have been Marsh (good battling to get to that position) too late on the Berwick boy and the card is the other way round, and either way was just a case of slightly too late, nothing malicious
  8. If you've already been booked and you pull a boy back you get what you deserve, off you go for the third red
  9. The ref was handing out yellows to both sides like confetti by that point and the bar was already set so high more reds were inevitable
  10. Nice finish from Mullen for the third
  11. Cowden should have had more than 3
  12. Hard to choose between Renton and Sheerin at the moment, not coz they are both pulling up trees
  13. Berwick reminded me of Cowden of the last two seasons - periods where they knock it about pretty well, but absolutely no goal threat whatsoever
  14. Apart from an early save low down at the front post, loan Cowden keeper had an easy day mopping up the odd long ball and unchallenged ball into the box
  15. Like to see who won the after match pie eating contest between the loan keeper and Sheerin
  16. Don't recall Berwick crowd either so sparse or so flat and quiet

3 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

I hope you're talking alcohol there!

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

I hope you're talking alcohol there!

To be fair to Berwick Manager they must have had a good chance of winning based on the opening period. Sadly the Neil sending off not on highlights so cant comment but visiting Number 11 was lucky not to get a red for bad tackle on O Kane. Wilson's one was surely no worse than that. Wonder if powers that be see highlights and if so do they issue red card to that guy?

22 minutes ago, Barnstormer said:

Wonder if powers that be see highlights and if so do they issue red card to that guy?

1) The referee saw the incident and gave a yellow card so retrospective action can't be taken.
2) It was a booking and nothing more. The referee got it right.

47 minutes ago, Cyril said:

2nd and 3rd sending offs are very harsh

The 3rd was for 2 yellow cards in 3 minutes stupidity by the boy for pulling someone after just getting a yellow.

Looking back on it I would put it down as bad timing by the boy at the 2nd one.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:42, BerwickMad said:

bless

Archived