Berwick v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another gruesome experience at Shielfield. 

Would like to see all 3 reds again and the pen. But even if the ref got them all correct he was still awful. Really really awful. So many terrible decisions on simple stuff through the game. 6 (?) Cowden yellows? The throw in before the 2nd red? Berwick player laid in heap and deliberately ignored for some time even after the ball had gone out? Dozens more bonkers decisions on both sides. 

Echo that Berwick played well in the 2nd half with 10 (actually even with 8 but the contest was a non event by then).

Deserved to lose again in the end to a bang average team and we need so much control more from our midfield. 

:(

I thought we were playing well until the red-card (didn't see the off ball incident) so in that respect feel frustration for the new manager. Can't argue with the penalty, swinging kick like that is asking for trouble if someone runs onto it; 2nd red was a lunge, off the ground, and while some refs would go yellow you can't really complain; shirt tug for 3rd was stupidity when on a yellow.

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

We shot ourselves in the foot when John Neil lashed out at that horrible little b*****d Cox after he left his leg in for a tackle.  At that stage we were controlling the game, the movement was good up top and we looked a threat. 

The extra man told as Cowden took control with there bruising tactics and they bullied us out of it. No complaints about the penalty which effectively ended the game as a contest.

Cox should have walked in the second half for a second yellow but the referee wasn't close enough to the play. 

The Wilson red card wasn't even a foul and the game then became worthless.

Cowden were really poor and Bollan's style is a hard watch. We dodged a bullet in Renton who is looking slow and was the worst player on the pitch.

We won't go down and I see Berwick improving once we get players back from suspension. 

Wilson deserved his red no way was he getting the ball, 2nd time he's been sent off against us this season and both for bad fouls.

3 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

We were the better team until the stupid sending off, and added further self-inflicted pain with the penalty. But we played some good stuff and still matched Cowden with 10 men. Our general play was the best I have seen this season and you can tell Harvey is making a difference.

Obviously a poor day considering the result and the sending offs, but I’m far from disheartened with the performance and Cowden, one of our main rivals at the bottom, weren’t up to much.

We were more than comfortable once we got the 2nd , Maley only had one save to make and that was in the 1st minute Berwick maybe had a fair bit of possession when we were playing against the strong wind and rain in the 2nd half but never at anytime did I feel that we would lose a goal.

If that was you best general display so far the other games must have been desperate.

Have been dismayed last 2 seasons that we couldn’t beat Berwick or finish above them in league, as I have honestly thought  they have been shite.

thankfully this season we are beating them and hopefully end up above them as they are still shite.

however there’s no way I would want East Kilbride to beat them in a play off final.

its absolutely garbage going to their ground, and nothing like a professional league football day out.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Have been dismayed last 2 seasons that we couldn’t beat Berwick or finish above them in league, as I have honestly thought  they have been shite.

thankfully this season we are beating them and hopefully end up above them as they are still shite.

however there’s no way I would want East Kilbride to beat them in a play off final.

its absolutely garbage going to their ground, and nothing like a professional league football day out.

Agree. I don't actually mind Berwick. However, I always feared for Albion Rovers if they were relegated to League 2 and nothing has changed my opinion. Sadly, they look doomed unless they can drastically change their circumstances.

I thought EK were supposed to be making changes to the ground. Has it changed at all?

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

Agree. I don't actually mind Berwick. However, I always feared for Albion Rovers if they were relegated to League 2 and nothing has changed my opinion. Sadly, they look doomed unless they can drastically change their circumstances.

I thought EK were supposed to be making changes to the ground. Has it changed at all?

They built a covered enclosure behind the goal at the pavilion end.

We were more than comfortable once we got the 2nd , Maley only had one save to make and that was in the 1st minute Berwick maybe had a fair bit of possession when we were playing against the strong wind and rain in the 2nd half but never at anytime did I feel that we would lose a goal.
If that was you best general display so far the other games must have been desperate.

I’m not suggesting we were peppering your goal, I said we matched you despite being a man down. Second half you barely tested our keeper until the second sending off.

The rain and strong wind. Haha. Give over. You were barely any better than us, worse in fact when both teams had 11. Our own stupidity cost us the game.

I’m not suggesting we were peppering your goal, I said we matched you despite being a man down. Second half you barely tested our keeper until the second sending off.

The rain and strong wind. Haha. Give over. You were barely any better than us, worse in fact when both teams had 11. Our own stupidity cost us the game.
Losing three goals and scoring hee haw cost you the game lad.

17 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Our keeper only had 1 save to make in the 90 minutes so for the other 15 minutes you hardly had us under the cosh when it was 11 v 11. Vince has more chance of scoring in Bedrock's tonight than the Berwick forwards did today:lol:

Anyway good to see the old Cowden v Berwick arguments back on here:lol:

1 hour ago, big al said:

Civil Service Strollers beat EK today.. is there room for 4 Edinburgh teams in the SPFL (none of whom are Spartans)....? :lol:

I'd probably miss Berwick myself. It's a nice trip and City haven't done too badly down there recently.. 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Civil Service Strollers beat EK today.. is there room for 4 Edinburgh teams in the SPFL (none of whom are Spartans)....? :lol:

I'd probably miss Berwick myself. It's a nice trip and City haven't done too badly down there recently.. 

It’s a Cowden conspiracy to get Berwick out the league. Cammy Muirhead the on loan Cowden striker scored 2 for the strollers.

Archived