Stranraer vs Arbroath

Agree with both points but overall he had a poor game, can't give McKenna credit for that Wallace lob, it was great work from him but it wasn't any better than the cross Smith set up for the Wallace missed header just 5 minutes after

Young lad, missed out 5 weeks with cup games and injuries, didn't do too badly, think he should get a proper chance and don't think he was bad enough to punt out the team after 1 game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Exactly. He is a constant threat to defenders.

IMO McKenna was our 2nd best player on Saturday after Swankie, also our 3 subs played well that came on Doris, Denholm and Kadar all done well, no way would i be starting Smith, good pace in the lad but looked short in other areas. 

IMO McKenna was our 2nd best player on Saturday after Swankie, also our 3 subs played well that came on Doris, Denholm and Kadar all done well, no way would i be starting Smith, good pace in the lad but looked short in other areas. 

Yes denholm and kader did well when coming on but any time they have started a game they’ve not taken their chance and don’t think Smith was any worse than them so don’t see the reason for dropping him.

Yes denholm and kader did well when coming on but any time they have started a game they’ve not taken their chance and don’t think Smith was any worse than them so don’t see the reason for dropping him.

Dick doesn’t like to change winning teams so I reckon Smith starts on Saturday

If he was our player to develop I would agree but he's only here till January so by the time he's up and running he may well be away back and we'll have to bring someone back in that's had. limited game time.

Smith is here until the end of the season, although Dunfermline can recall in January.

If he was our player to develop I would agree but he's only here till January so by the time he's up and running he may well be away back and we'll have to bring someone back in that's had. limited game time.

Just mean if he's young it'll be harder for him to come in and hit the ground running than it would be for a more experienced player.

That'll have been his first start since pre season probably, outwith youth games which he won't have played too many recently either with his injury. Think he done reasonably well taking that into consideration.

Denholm been a bit hit and miss, Kader had plenty of games and not done too much, I'd even be happy to see Gold given a shot. But reckon that is probably the last available spot to claim in the team and Smith should get a run if we keep winning. It's a position Doris could even come in and play after he's fit with McKenna being pretty versatile.

jamieson  thomson,little,tob,hammy linn,whately,swanks,kader wallace and mckenna 

i think he'll play kader because he sticks to his defensive duties quite well which is probably why he starts more away games than home.

Mckenna is a lot more effective up top so hopefully he’s back there. Plenty of choice on the right of gold, kadar, denholm and smith but i’d go with kadar too. Rest of the team picks itself but whatley definitely needs to pick his game up

Mckenna is a lot more effective up top so hopefully he’s back there. Plenty of choice on the right of gold, kadar, denholm and smith but i’d go with kadar too. Rest of the team picks itself but whatley definitely needs to pick his game up

Whately is a funny one for me, often look at him and wonder why he gets picked, then along came Edinburgh City, then it's f***ing obvious why he gets a game

4 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

This post has clearly caught the imagination of Stranraer FC fans!!!  

Day 3 from the OP and not one response from The Blues?    ;)

We are still recovering from the mental scars inflicted last week at the san starko , 

NAH , 

WE are just quiet and reserved , and the smokies were so obviously enjoying themselves , it would have been rude of us to butt in 

17 hours ago, ecto said:

Whately is a funny one for me, often look at him and wonder why he gets picked, then along came Edinburgh City, then it's f***ing obvious why he gets a game

i think if we were important enough for OPTA to give a toss about you would realise exactly why he's he one of the 1st names on the team sheet and Swanks is having a great season i think he would be the 1st to tell you it's because the captain gives him the room and the ammo to express himself.

We are still recovering from the mental scars inflicted last week at the san starko , 

NAH , 

WE are just quiet and reserved , and the smokies were so obviously enjoying themselves , it would have been rude of us to butt in 

Calm doon BB - far too early to get excited about this game!

Arbroath have looked title favourites pretty much since day 1 - haven’t changed my views on that following last week’s trip to Kirkcaldy although McGlynn is a great appointment for Rovers. This should be a tough one!

Archived