Stranraer vs Arbroath

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will stick with the same team as last week, although if we do I’d swap McKenna and Wallace about. Looking forward to seeing Jamie Hamill play.

You no mean Smith Kim?

I'd go same side.

Off the top of my head we have scored 17 goals against Stranraer in the last 5 meetings... so hopefully Hammill is up to his usual capers and that can continue.

The Stranraer keeper was excellent at Gayfield I'm sure, Anderson always a threat.

You no mean Smith Kim?

I'd go same side.

Off the top of my head we have scored 17 goals against Stranraer in the last 5 meetings... so hopefully Hammill is up to his usual capers and that can continue.

The Stranraer keeper was excellent at Gayfield I'm sure, Anderson always a threat.

Aye f**k knows how I ended up with Wallace. Looking forward to seeing Gavin Swankie dictate play.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You no mean Smith Kim?

I'd go same side.

To be fair, in terms of points taken last season it was six apiece. Granted, Arbroath's margins of victory were rather more flattering.

To be fair, in terms of points taken last season it was six apiece. Granted, Arbroath's margins of victory were rather more flattering.

Both home games threatened to be flattering score lines too iirc, threw away a 1 and 2 goal lead in the second half of both after dominating first half

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Both home games threatened to be flattering score lines too iirc, threw away a 1 and 2 goal lead in the second half of both after dominating first half

Certainly, the 3-2 game was bordering on ridiculous. Arbroath were 2-0 up at half time and it 2-0 going on three or four comfortably. Don't get any points for leading a game and not winning it though.

Certainly, the 3-2 game was bordering on ridiculous. Arbroath were 2-0 up at half time and it 2-0 going on three or four comfortably. Don't get any points for leading a game and not winning it though.

Yeah we crumbled second half and Stranraer were excellent both times, especially in the 2-1 game.

The 3-2 game is still a bit of a mystery to me.

I would play Doris or Denholm ahead of Smith.

I said on a previous thread I would start Doris this week, but the more Iv thought about it I think it’s still a bit too early. Gradually increase his game time over the next 2-3 games and go from there

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I said on a previous thread I would start Doris this week, but the more Iv thought about it I think it’s still a bit too early. Gradually increase his game time over the next 2-3 games and go from there

Yeah we are going to have to be cautious for a bit, possibly keeping him off plastic pitches until he’s up to speed probably. 

Doris is not ready to start games, with that type of injury you have to be very careful with the recovery. Easing him back is the only way to do it properly.
Id go with the same 11 again, i didn’t think smith did too badly.

Better option than playing kader anyway

Archived