County vs Morton 27/10/18

What a goal that was :wub:  Patient possession football for a minute or so, Morton sitting in well, Vigurs and Lindsay patiently holding on to the ball in deep areas to lure Morton out, Vigurs picks out DKD on the half turn, who threaded a pass into Mckay’s stride to open up his body for a first time curler inside the far post.  My favourite goal of the season so far.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, forkboy said:

I'm not sure County will ever be able to appropriately thank Csaba Laszlo for helping Billy McKay regain his confidence

x2.

Morton's manager seems to be doing an exemplary tribute act.

This habit of folding worse than a Ukrainian-made deckchair is not endearing me to the manager. Don't think that the result changes too much for us though - we'll be midtable unless Johnstone comes back good and we can replace some of our leftover dross from the Duffy period in January. 

More of these scorelines and I don't think he'll have earned the right to start building his own squad though. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

This habit of folding worse than a Ukrainian-made deckchair is not endearing me to the manager. Don't think that the result changes too much for us though - we'll be midtable unless Johnstone comes back good and we can replace some of our leftover dross from the Duffy period in January. 

More of these scorelines and I don't think he'll have earned the right to start building his own squad though. 

Tragic patter.

He needs to look at the market right now and see who's available. Scudded twice by 5-0 scorelines is  absolute shocking stuff!

The squad is too small and we don't really have any depth to change it. Lose by another large margin and JJ will be lucky to make it till Xmas

The tendency to capitulate is already a massive concern - that's 13 goals conceded in 6 games.

We have Partick and Alloa at home coming up after Palmerston, where let's face it another defeat is likely. If we can't take six points from those two games we're in serious trouble and you'd already have to look at Johansson's position.

Losing 5 goals twice to no more than competent opposition is worrying, but we've gone way too early here: Johansson should and will be given at least until he can bring in one or two players of his own choosing. Not talking about massive backing for a large-scale clearout, but an opportunity to address the clear deficiencies in the squad he inherited.

He may not turn out to be a manager -- who knows? -- but it's far, far too early to be talking about replacing him.

Archived