County vs Morton 27/10/18

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he was probably meaning to watch the game live.

On Tumilty- Started well enough but then had a few dodgy games and was dropped for Lee Kilday who moved to right back and Kerr Waddell came into CB. He is decent on the ball and gives you an attacking threat but like many attacking full backs these days is suspect defensively and his positioning is quite poor at times.

We have replaced a full back in Doyle who was rubbish going forward but fine defensively to someone who looks comfortable going forward but not great defensively.

Think in games when we are expected to be up against it, JJ will go for Kilday to make us more solid so wouldn't be surprised if Tumilty is on the bench tomorrow.( Although Kilday did pick up a knock last week so might not be 100%)

I don’t see why Grivosti shouldn’t start. If he’s not going to get starts, at this level, with the absences County currently have at the back, then we’d be as well binning him. It’s a (small) pet hate of mine this season that supppsedly highly rated youngsters are being, for want of a better word, overlooked.

Draper (or Cowie) don’t need shoehorned into the team. It’s nice to have options on the bench, so stick one of them there. 

In theory County should have enough to beat Morton but I thought that before the away fixture. There’s a terrific opportunity to get 6 points before a double header against ICT and United. Hopefully they take it. 

Kilday was brutal at RB on Saturday before going off. Whoever was playing on the left for Falkirk had him on toast & got past him every time like he wasn't there. Would much rather we have Tumilty out there - think he did well last week.

It's a pleasure going back to a thread that's pretty civilised and concentrated mainly around the fitba' after the abortion that was and still is last week's match thread. Sure, there's recent history between us and last week's opponents, but even before that any thread involving them, and many that shouldn't have, has shown most of the Falkirk fans posting on here as being the most torn-faced and p***kly bunch of arseholes this side of the North Pole. Great to be easier to avoid 'em again for a few weeks.

Anyway, I'd be happy with a point tomorrow. 1-1, a screamer from Michael Tidser. Please.

20 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

It's a pleasure going back to a thread that's pretty civilised and concentrated mainly around the fitba' after the abortion that was and still is last week's match thread. Sure, there's recent history between us and last week's opponents, but even before that any thread involving them, and many that shouldn't have, has shown most of the Falkirk fans posting on here as being the most torn-faced and p***kly bunch of arseholes this side of the North Pole. Great to be easier to a of 'em again for a few weeks.

Anyway, I'd be happy with a point tomorrow. 1-1, a screamer from Michael Tidser. Please.

...so your way of celebrating this week's match thread being better is by mentioning your highlights and lowlights of last week's match thread...

See the source image

On Tumilty, he had a few good games at the start of the season, but then followed them up with a couple of poor ones. As mentioned above, his attributes seem to be the opposite of Mikey Doyle's. He has a decent enough delivery and final ball, although has a tendency to get caught out defensively. He is still young and you'd hope as the season progresses he will cut out the little errors and improve his positional awareness. Although if I had the choice I'd rather have Doyle as cover for right-back and centre-back than Kilday, who looks like his injury has taken a lot out of him.

If, as seems likely, Johnstone isn't ready, I'd like to see us start with McShug through the middle and Oliver coming in off the right. Remainder as was.

Not ideal, but maybe the best we have at the moment (Telfer totally wasted out wide and we need something off the bench to take the pressure off Millar and Tidser, who can't be expected to play every 90 minutes, especially with another game coming on Tuesday).

0-0 too much to ask for?

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

...so your way of celebrating this week's match thread being better is by mentioning your highlights and lowlights of last week's match thread...

See the source image

Anything you say, Pishop. Whatever lights your candle.

If, as seems likely, Johnstone isn't ready, I'd like to see us start with McShug through the middle and Oliver coming in off the right. Remainder as was.
Not ideal, but maybe the best we have at the moment (Telfer totally wasted out wide and we need something off the bench to take the pressure off Millar and Tidser, who can't be expected to play every 90 minutes, especially with another game coming on Tuesday).
0-0 too much to ask for?

McHugh is an impact sub. If we can stick with that instead of ‘rewarding’ him for scoring a goal and getting another six dogshit performances in return then we’ll get some use out of him before he ends up at Dumbarton.

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It took us long enough to get a bloody YouTube channel. Live streaming will be introduced sometime around 2049, if our media relations officer is anything to go by.

We feel your pain.

On 10/26/2018 at 13:58, yoda said:

I don’t see why Grivosti shouldn’t start. If he’s not going to get starts, at this level, with the absences County currently have at the back, then we’d be as well binning him. It’s a (small) pet hate of mine this season that supposedly highly rated youngsters are being, for want of a better word, overlooked.

Draper (or Cowie) don’t need shoehorned into the team. It’s nice to have options on the bench, so stick one of them there. 

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Looks like a back four of Stelios, Watson, Draper and Kelly.   

bQshDtu.png

Archived