County vs Morton 27/10/18

Up against the only team to have scored more than one goal against us this season and beaten us in the league. The last season was massively overshadowed by the awful smash on the A9, so hopefully this weekend is about the football and nothing else.

Would like to see the same team from the Ayr game, though I'm not sure if Fonts or Morris will be fit. Hopefully Fraser will be back to if needed Watson or Grivosti can come in at centre half and we can get out best right back in his position.

1-0 to County, Mckay to keep his scoring going. Do not expect this to be an easy game, Morton are absolutely no mugs.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Up against the only team to have scored more than one goal against us this season and beaten us in the league. The last season was massively overshadowed by the awful smash on the A9, so hopefully this weekend is about the football and nothing else.

Would like to see the same team from the Ayr game, though I'm not sure if Fonts or Morris will be fit. Hopefully Fraser will be back to if needed Watson or Grivosti can come in at centre half and we can get out best right back in his position.

1-0 to County, Mckay to keep his scoring going. Do not expect this to be an easy game, Morton are absolutely no mugs.

We concede stupid goals and dont really have a recognised striker amongst or ranks atm. Home win. 

We're still missing a few players up front due to injury. So this will be a tough game for us.

Always good to go into a game like this on the back of a win. Hopeful of a draw, but County have a real decent squad this season.

Is Denny injured? Good news if so.

We've injury problems of our own. Gardyne out with a broken foot (who normally does well v Morton), and 3 of our 4 centre-backs (Fraser, Morris, Fontaine) probably still out injured. Vigurs limped off against Ayr too so that's 5 starting picks potentially out for this.

2 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Is Denny injured? Good news if so.

We've injury problems of our own. Gardyne out with a broken foot (who normally does well v Morton), and 3 of our 4 centre-backs (Fraser, Morris, Fontaine) probably still out injured. Vigurs limped off against Ayr too so that's 5 starting picks potentially out for this.

That's interesting... but we have at least 5 forward players out. Denny, Robert Thomson, Bell, Tiffiony and Armour. 

We also have a player called Kyle Thomson. But he's disappeared... seriously what has happened to this guy - anyone know?  

Yeah like others have said, whilst a win would be magic, if we come back down the road with a point, all of us would take that I would imagine. County seem to have found some form after a  slight sticky patch( by their standards) and are scoring plenty so big test for us to get something.

With the exception of the Ayr game though, we have been quite hard to beat but struggle to create all that much so not expecting a lot of goals in this one. Badly need Denny to come back and find some form as we look very light up top. McHugh and Oliver are decent options to have in the squad, but not starting up top on their own.

Can see JJ  setting up quite defensive for this one and look to counter.

Think county will sneak it 2-1.

5 hours ago, Colkitto said:

That's interesting... but we have at least 5 forward players out. Denny, Robert Thomson, Bell, Tiffiony and Armour. 

Youth ringers like Ben Armour and sand-dancing shite like Tiffoney don't pad out your sob story to any effect. There's no reason to assume Johnstone won't make it into the squad; he won't be fit enough to start unless someone lets the useless caretakers interfere again, but other than that we have a full-strength starting eleven. 

1-1. 

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

Youth ringers like Ben Armour and sand-dancing shite like Tiffoney don't pad out your sob story to any effect. There's no reason to assume Johnstone won't make it into the squad; he won't be fit enough to start unless someone lets the useless caretakers interfere again, but other than that we have a full-strength starting eleven. 

1-1. 

Whether you rate them or not  the fact is we have 5 forward players out at the time of writing.  ALL have been involved in the 1st team squad this season.

6 hours ago, madton said:

Yeah like others have said, whilst a win would be magic, if we come back down the road with a point, all of us would take that I would imagine. County seem to have found some form after a  slight sticky patch( by their standards) and are scoring plenty so big test for us to get something.

With the exception of the Ayr game though, we have been quite hard to beat but struggle to create all that much so not expecting a lot of goals in this one. Badly need Denny to come back and find some form as we look very light up top. McHugh and Oliver are decent options to have in the squad, but not starting up top on their own.

Can see JJ  setting up quite defensive for this one and look to counter.

Think county will sneak it 2-1.

The counter is probably the best way to get at us this season. Morris and Fonts are both good in the air (if they are fit) but neither is quick, especially Fonts. Kelly is very shy of physical stuff as well. 

We haven't won in Dingwall since that Scottish Cup game in the pissing rain in 2003. We've also got one solitary league win to our name up there, and that was by a team in administration who were already looking relegated.

I'd take a draw right now.

16 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Ended 2-0, then 7 days later you won 3-0 at Cappielow.

Was it not 2-1? I seem to remember Winters scoring. And we were abject in that game.

Ordinarily I would say JJ's first win would give us confidence but there's little to be gained in beating League 1's most supported team. Boring draw. 0-0 or 1-1 or County to get an early goal and catch another one or two on the break later in the game for a 2/3-0 win.

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

Was it not 2-1? I seem to remember Winters scoring. And we were abject in that game.

The league win in Dingwall was 2-0- a Ross Matheson double in 2000 and the cup win was 2-1 in 2003. Alex Williams double and Winters scoring for you lot. One thing I remember about the league game was that it’s possibly the only time I’ve been to a game that one of the away team’s players was awarded the sponsors’ man of the match (Matheson). 

Anyway- highlights of the cup game (courtesy of AyrshireTon)

My mate’s dad has a tenner on 2-1, Williams FGS that day. Made for a cracking couple of hours in the pub and journey home on the train that night.

22 hours ago, Comrie said:

Wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Stelios starts at RB after his performance v Ayr.

Archived