Rovers v QP

Delighted with the win. I thought 3-0 probably flattered us, but that’s not something I’ll ever complain about. Rovers didn’t so much shoot themselves in the foot in the first 15, but blasted their own face off. We still had to take the chances, though. That’s something we’ve not been in the habit of doing.

They had decent spells of pressure, but we were pretty solid in dealing with them. We’ll organised and clinical would some it up. Hopefully we can make it five on the spin next week. 

The QP juggernaut just keeps on rollin'.  I didn't think Rovers were that bad, but when it's not going for you, it's not going for you.  

We were excellent right throughout the team.  Gerry continues to be "the man"; where does he get those extra inches to put in the saving tackles?  Good to see wee Jamie get his goal, particularly as his was his follow up play and harrassment that won him the ball.  Another shut out for the goalie, but it must be a dream with these guys playing in front of you.

It's pity that we're so far from the top two as I really see us as being every bit as both of them.  Another couple of weeks and we'll have overtaken Clyde and if we can stay above them, I reckon that'll be good enough for a play off place.  I fear for the Rovers though.  The crowd was low and at least half looked to be QP fans.

Annan next week and they'll not find us as much of a pushover as earlier in the season.

Life, kids, is good.

Think Manager called it right,we were clinical albeit Rovers were better than I expected or were we just a bit slack which made them look ok.

Still another 3 points in the bag when you don't play great is very welcome.Thought our subs contributed and Smart maybe unlucky not to start after knocking in a hat-trick for the reserves and although East laid on the first goal he was poor for the rest of game..also, wondered if Lachlan may have been preferred over Fotheringham.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

We define you, Larold. You just couldn’t live without us. Can’t keep away.

I think it was a qp geezer who first mentioned Clyde on this thread.

On an Albion Rovers v Queens Park thread,

The hypocrisy of some qp supporters is astonishing.

I was merely pointing out that at  the rate that Queens Park have been "catching  up" Clyde over the last,  lets say 7 fixtures, your team will in fact end the season 31 (thirty-one) points behind Clyde.  Good luck getting into the play-offs on that form.  Maybe if your side could actually muster a few wins against sides other than Albion Rovers, Clyde and assorted boys teams then  Mr. Diehards optimism might bear some fruit.

Edited by Larry Hood
cant keep off qp threads, obviously.

19 minutes ago, Larry Hood said:

I think it was a qp geezer who first mentioned Clyde on this thread.

On an Albion Rovers v Queens Park thread,

The hypocrisy of some qp supporters is astonishing.

I was merely pointing out that at  the rate that Queens Park have been "catching  up" Clyde over the last,  lets say 7 fixtures, your team will in fact end the season 31 (thirty-one) points behind Clyde.  Good luck getting into the play-offs on that form.  Maybe if your side could actually muster a few wins against sides other than Albion Rovers, Clyde and assorted boys teams then  Mr. Diehards optimism might bear some fruit.

That’s quite a lengthy post, Larold. One which I didn’t read, of course. As stated, we define you. Can’t get enough of the QP.

13 minutes ago, Larry Hood said:

Over 2 sentences a bit too much for you, so sorry.

Enjoy all your 0-0 matches for the rest of the season.

The posting continues. Bet the bold Larold misses Clyde goals because he’s too busy refreshing the QP score.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Larry Hood said:

Some prediction that, btw ^_^

Surprised it took you this long to come out of hiding on this one Larry, but I sensed your reluctance at wanting to reveal your true identity. Bit of a poor show though Admin-man for intentionally recalling an ineligible player just to achieve an eight point differential in order to make a prediction come true, but worthy of a greenie nonetheless.

Poor old Larry. Team with a massive playoff final coming up and he's sitting drinking his own pish and smashing his key pad on a thread from last autumn involving two bottom half sides.