Dumbarton vs East Fife

Dumbarton vs East Fife  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd imagine we'll need to await the match preview for that.

Am I right in saying the rules state we must have a goalkeeper listed on the bench or have I made that up?

I'm not sure that's a rule, Neil Warnock certainly didn't used to list a sub 'keeper at Sheffield United years ago. I remember we once named Kieran Brannan as our sub 'keeper too :lol:

Just now, The Moonster said:

Nothing official but I don't think so. Falkirk will only have 1 keeper available if they let Mutch come back to us.

Bring. Him. Home

TEN553876_vojacek.JPG

:wub:

There is no requirement to list a sub goalie for league games but there is a hard & fast rule on this for Scottish Cup games. It must be a recognised keeper & it is not allowed to say that an outfield player is the sub goalie.

Edited to say that the grammar above is awful but hopefully the point is made?

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:40, Big Fifer said:

Dumbarton fans, best place for a few shandys pre-match? Best to just get off at Dumbarton East station and into the Stag's Head, or go to central and jaunt along from there?

If you just fancy a quiet pint and watch live footy on the telly beforehand the Rock Bowling Club is 50yards by the football stadium.

14 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

Who remembers the 5-5 of '75?

I do. It was the worst game I ever saw. Both defences mince. Ten goals in a game? That's one every nine minutes. Nine minutes! Every time either team went up the park I thought there'd be a goal. Goals are supposed to be difficult to score.

Since there's a bit of reminiscing going on maybe someone could clear up a memory I have that might not have actually happened. It was a game at Boghead, probably early 90's, and East Fife turned up with their all yellow away top and had to play in our red away strip instead. Did that happen or have I dreamt it?

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Since there's a bit of reminiscing going on maybe someone could clear up a memory I have that might not have actually happened. It was a game at Boghead, probably early 90's, and East Fife turned up with their all yellow away top and had to play in our red away strip instead. Did that happen or have I dreamt it?

nope, it happened.  The same happened in reverse later that season, I remember turning up at Bayview, and there was our team playing in EF's change strip.  

We had the same strip supplier at the time, and our home strips were actually identical, with only the badge changed.

EDIT this vintage of strip

image.png.15e60ff7850409deb7b5851b04611eaa.pngimage.png.6067f4031b86c85656dfda4db5172682.png

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Hagi left back.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
Duffy starting at centre half.

Wid.

Jaz in goals, Duffy at centre-back and Hagi at left-back is probably a more attractive option than the guys we have tbf.

Archived