Dumbarton vs East Fife

Dumbarton vs East Fife  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Confirmed that East Fife fans are welcome in the Bar '72, access through the home turnstile and a steward will take you through to the away end around 2.50pm. Open from 1.30pm and live music will start around 2pm.

^^^^

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Dumbarton fans, best place for a few shandys pre-match? Best to just get off at Dumbarton East station and into the Stag's Head, or go to central and jaunt along from there?

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Dumbarton fans, best place for a few shandys pre-match? Best to just get off at Dumbarton East station and into the Stag's Head, or go to central and jaunt along from there?

Best getting off at East. What time are you arriving?  If it's around 1.30pm I'd recommend the bar in the home end at the stadium for some live music and a pint ;)

Alternatively the Stags Head would probably be your best shout, unless you fancy a bowling club.

To be honest, I’m not expecting a miraculous turnaround in fortunes over the next few weeks, unless everyone mysteriously declares themselves fit again, but I’m interested to see who goes and who comes in and goes out during the January transfer window

Agreed, the defence is a mess and won’t be fixed overnight. I think there’s enough in the squad going forward to see some encouragement though.

While I agree we aren't a 'quick fix' I think it could be surprising how much a bit of direction and some motivation from the sidelines could help us with an upturn in fortunes.

18 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

While I agree we aren't a 'quick fix' I think it could be surprising how much a bit of direction and some motivation from the sidelines could help us with an upturn in fortunes.

Yup. Even at the weekend (despite the result) we actually looked a lot better going forward. 

We got the ball wide a lot, created a few openings and actually played very few aimless long balls. It was like the players were playing with a little bit more freedom. It's just a shame that, Cammy Ballantyne aside, we were a defensive car crash.

Duffy is certainly a solid appointment and will have the new manager bounce... just hopefully the bounce that Jim McIntrye had at Dundee.

We have a full squad to pick from and it’s any 2 of 4 in form strikers to lead the line. Young has been changing the top 2 with good effect so don’t know which combination we will have. Dumbarton still have a few injuries so we should be going into this game with confidence and aiming for #9 in a row.

30 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Somewhat unrelated question; has the Sons move from the rock been completely binned after that council decision? Would ask on the sons thread but there's all sorts of nostalgic nonsense going on there.

As far as the move out to Dalmoak is concerned, yes.

And don't knock our nostalgia. When you get to my age it is one of the few pleasures left to you. :(

Did anyone ever clean "Jimmy Boyle" written in shite of the wall inside the bog at Bayview? I thought it was hilarious and very clever.

Oh dear, more nostalgia. :bairn

38 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Somewhat unrelated question; has the Sons move from the rock been completely binned after that council decision? Would ask on the sons thread but there's all sorts of nostalgic nonsense going on there.

We don't really know.  Our owners have the option of appealing the decision, but that probably involves using money they don't have.  They haven't said a word really since the council decision, which slightly worries me. We can't really control what they do with the stadium, however we've got an excellent board in place now who are essentially operating separately from the owners and I have trust in them to keep the fan base updated when there's something to be known.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hopefully big Duff Stuff was booting baws at training last night.

I heard he had them up Balloch park, doing sprints up the hill with Duffy standing at the top, screaming "ARBEIT" at them.

Archived