Dumbarton vs East Fife

Dumbarton vs East Fife  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jim Duffy knows his baw. He set us up today to press high, played with pace in our attacking areas with Thomas, Beany, Gallagher and Barr all buzzing around, causing problems. No aimless punts, every player disciplined and giving everything and to top it all off a training ground corner that bagged us a goal. The guys had about 4 hours work with the squad and he got that performance out of us. Carswell and Hutton worked in midfield too, both just had to sit with the aforementioned front 4 attacking in front of them. Interested to see how that develops.

Credit to everyone today, not a failure in a Sons shirt, but I thought Gallagher and Thomas were both a cut above everyone else. Tremendous result, clean sheet and now a night of excellent comedy ahead of us. That'll fucking do Sons, that'll do.

EDIT - Its just as well we won 4-0 because I was irate at the lack of grey I could see shimmering from the dugout today. Waterproof jackets aren't acceptable, Jim. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Well unless they were sitting in a different part of the stadium than where they usually sit.

Probably at the Kilwinning game #realhardcoretruefans

Don’t worry, as soon as we fail to win a game they’ll be back with the ‘Yeah, great decision to sack Aitken’ and ‘are you all doing to turn on Duffy now?’ patter.

43 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

That performance today was better than anything we produced under Stevie and, to be quite honest, had shades of us at our peak under Muzz in it.

This. 

Today was a bit of free hit for Jim with East Fife on a great run and it being his first game in charge. I was hoping to see a team that could compete and leave an impression on the game. The performance blew me (and the fifers) away,  we pressed the ball, played on the deck, moved it quickly to the wide areas and kept it simple.  I don't know about anyone else but I've found a renewed enthusiasm and optimism for the season after today and would encourage anyone who hasn't been for a while to get back down there and see the difference.

Wasnt it nice to see our back 4 defend today. Ballantine played right back great without the need to attack . Doeue more like himself. Perry wine everything he went for and kept it simple and Forbes was great and his concentraion and reading game was superb. My word of the day was confidence. . Hopefully a stepping stone for future 

Very impressed with Dumbarton today. Full of energy, pressing and outcompeted us for everything so fair play, extremely worthy winners. Very unlucky to catch you at the dawn of the Duffy bounce rather than during the peak of the Aitken malaise. And I expect you'll be making progress up the league in the coming weeks.

Even taking that into account, it was a very poor performance from us and well below what we've been used to recently. It looks like we missed Meggatt pretty sorely but we should be and can be a lot better than that. I'd expect a couple of the guys who've had to warm the bench recently to be given their chance after that but we've not become a bad team overnight so hopefully we keep the head and concentrate on getting back to what put us on this run in the first place.

Attendance was 713 today which, given it was only 756 against Raith and they brought a really good number, says a lot. The home end was notably busier.

By contrast the attendance at the Arbroath home game in August was 627. Hopefully our showing was enough to convince a few more people to take out pro-rata season tickets.

Went as a neutral and was very impressed by Dumbarton. Pretty much in control from start to finish. New manager seems to having the desired effect already. East Fife definitely seemed to have the mother of all off days given their prior form, but take nothing away from Dumbarton who were fantastic.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Jim Duffy knows his baw. He set us up today to press high, played with pace in our attacking areas with Thomas, Beany, Gallagher and Barr all buzzing around, causing problems. No aimless punts, every player disciplined and giving everything and to top it all off a training ground corner that bagged us a goal. The guys had about 4 hours work with the squad and he got that performance out of us. Carswell and Hutton worked in midfield too, both just had to sit with the aforementioned front 4 attacking in front of them. Interested to see how that develops.

Credit to everyone today, not a failure in a Sons shirt, but I thought Gallagher and Thomas were both a cut above everyone else. Tremendous result, clean sheet and now a night of excellent comedy ahead of us. That'll fucking do Sons, that'll do.

EDIT - Its just as well we won 4-0 because I was irate at the lack of grey I could see shimmering from the dugout today. Waterproof jackets aren't acceptable, Jim. 

Reading that is pure vindication for some of the folk who had such a go at me for wanting SA puntedafter 2 league games.Night and fucking day.As you rightly  point out just 4 hrs with  the squad and a total change of attitude , energy vibe and confidence.Big congrats to the players but an even bigger one to The Duff...brilliant stuff.

23 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Calum Gallagher this season.

Starts: 7
Goals: 4
90 minutes completed: 1

Averages a goal in the league once every 113 minutes. 

Why he hasn’t started every game this season is a real mystery. Especially when the other strikers haven’t exactly been on fire.

As if today couldn't get any better :lol:Our ball boys were about 5 today. 
Screenshot_2018-10-27-20-48-29.thumb.png.11beafb6f909ced460e5365ee39bbae2.png

No real surprise to know who sent that Tweet.

As for us, it’s back down to earth with a big bump and as has been said it gives the players who have been waiting for their chance to come back in. Guys like Docherty and Linton.

A defeat isn’t always a bad thing as it stops complacency, but we have been on a great run so we just have to take it on the chin and accept we were well beaten today. Dust ourselves down and get ready to start another run.

As said when the 4th goal went in today. A former manager of the sons correctly predicted a few weeks ago that our current squad were going to give a team a right going over soon. He however was unable to predict or direct the way to play to achieve said victory. 

Archived