Forfar vs. Raith Rovers

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Dunno about that. We didnt play badly and dominated most of the play, plenty of chances as well. Game changed when Hendry went off and forced the formation shift. Buchanan and Milme just not up to it. Felt at times we exposed ourselves in defence being over eager to dive in. Otherwise its a question or rueing lost opportunities. Forfar by comparison were clinical.

Regardless of the performance it's absolutely criminal to continue to lose games like this.

When we get ahead we need to see these games out. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Calm doon!!

We've lost ONE match. 

McGlynn has been here for three weeks.

There are 25 games to go!!

Seven points adrift and already dropped more points at home than we did last season. 

McGlynn largely has to work with what Smith left. Unfortunately that is a squad that isn't especially well balanced and also prone to injuries due to whatever nonsense Smith put them through pre-season. 

It's not very good to say the least. 

First Half Raith dominated , however Hilson misses a glorious chance to put us one nil up.  Nae luck with the two Raith goals, albeit a great pass from Hilson for their second.  Hilson spurns another great chance to make it 2 - 2 just at the restart.  Raith never came out the blocks in the second half.  Forfar grew and played well.  Fantastic result.  Away the loons

Not with a defence that loses 3 goals to Forfar.

Forfar are a good team with a lot of dangerous players. I'd have Hilson, Baird and Easton as a trio over Nisbet, Flanagan and Milne. Nisbet obviously better than Baird this season but Easton and Hilson are better than Milne and Flanagan.

Even like the guy Cunningham, problem with Forfar this season is their defence, said in other thread I think they'll make play offs

Realistically our squad is threadbare with a complete imbalance about it. A few injuries and we are always going to struggle. The board have backed mcglynn thus far and hopefully do so going forward because we won't win the league with the depth we have at the moment. 1/2 recognised players on the bench for us in mckay and buchanan who is past his best unfortunately.

@1320lichtie I'd take nesbit and flannagan over hilson and baird now. Nisbet is still the leagues top goalscorer while flannagan is a typical winger, he will have good games and bad games. When he's on form there's few better in this league than him.

Better team by a mile today. Unlucky to go in 2-1 down, fortunate break of the ball for their first and a shocker of a pass across midfield by Hilson for their second.
Raith had plenty of the ball, Forfar soaked it up.
Baird unlucky not to have scored today, cracking shot that lead to our first.
Easton was brilliant again, ghosting past defenders and a great finish too. He's not ball hogging nearly as much in recent weeks to the benefit of the team and his performances.
Second half could have been a goal fest with both sides passing up great chances.

Realistically our squad is threadbare with a complete imbalance about it. A few injuries and we are always going to struggle. The board have backed mcglynn thus far and hopefully do so going forward because we won't win the league with the depth we have at the moment. 1/2 recognised players on the bench for us in mckay and buchanan who is past his best unfortunately.

@1320lichtie I'd take nesbit and flannagan over hilson and baird now. Nisbet is still the leagues top goalscorer while flannagan is a typical winger, he will have good games and bad games. When he's on form there's few better in this league than him.

Suppose

Just found that comment a little billy big baws, Forfar have some cracking forward players for League 1 and Raith are a League 1 team. Seen Forfar play and I can see how they could score 3 against any team in the division

Raith will want to do better obviously but harsh on Forfar I thought. Hilson was different class against us I hope DC can maybe sneak him away at some point [emoji102]

Dominated the game until Hendry went off, then fell to absolute shit. Forfar were all over the place at times and couldn't cope with Nisbet. Didn't see enough of that second half and when you have to replace somebody of Hendry quality with Buchanan then it's telling how fucked we are with injuries.

Draw would have been a fair result over the 90 mins but Forfar looked dangerous going forward. 

Work rate was ferocious 1st half but worryingly dropped off after the break. First time standards have slipped under Mcglynn this time so interesting to see the reaction. 

Milne is absolutely horrendous, and Stevenson must be raging at being dropped for him. 

Wake up call for everyone but not terminal yet, but if Hendry is out for any length of time along with Vaughan then we are not in a great place. 

7 points is a substantial gap bit but too early to panic, but doubt we can avoid to lose much more ground. 

Suppose

Just found that comment a little billy big baws, Forfar have some cracking forward players for League 1 and Raith are a League 1 team. Seen Forfar play and I can see how they could score 3 against any team in the division

Raith will want to do better obviously but harsh on Forfar I thought. Hilson was different class against us I hope DC can maybe sneak him away at some point [emoji102]
Hilson is a player I wanted us to sign in the past. He's had alot of injury issues though and iv not seen enough of him (wasn't there today) since. Forfar do have some really good players, interestingly mcglynn outlined them in his pre match interviews aswell.

We are a league 1 team and I'm still standing by my pre season bet of arbroath to win the league but if mcglynn is backed by the board I would hope its at least an interesting run in.

Archived