Forfar vs. Raith Rovers

12 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

If you didn't belong in this league you would have only spent one season down here but I think you may be here longer (if I'm wrong feel free to quote me), so please stop disrespecting other teams trying to win this division, you act like you have the God given right to stroll it. 

We don't have the god given right to stroll it. Losing 3 goals to Forfar is still an embarrassment. Our players need to take  a good look at themselves. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't have the god given right to stroll it. Losing 3 goals to Forfar is still an embarrassment. Our players need to take  a good look at themselves. 
Just as well Hilson couldn't hit a barn door today then.
5 from us wouldn't have been remotely lucky today.

Can't see where you guys think even draw would have been fair. Aye, you had the bulk of the possession for a chunk of the first half but did very little with it. Both your goals came from a fair bit of luck.
You were crap in the second and got your just desserts.

Pretty much a reverse of the last game to be honest.

Love how fans in this league confuse having expectations on full time football actually delivering something with some kind of devine right to win this league. 

Rovers have always been in and out of this league more or less my whole time supporting them. We absolutely deserve to be here. 

However, we are the only full time side in this league and due to the fact our gates are far more than anyone else I'd assume we have more resources.  Therefore it's not unfair that there is a pretty hefty weight of expectation on promotion.  

Love how fans in this league confuse having expectations on full time football actually delivering something with some kind of devine right to win this league. 
Rovers have always been in and out of this league more or less my whole time supporting them. We absolutely deserve to be here. 
However, we are the only full time side in this league and due to the fact our gates are far more than anyone else I'd assume we have more resources.  Therefore it's not unfair that there is a pretty hefty weight of expectation on promotion.  

Nobody would disagree with that last sentence

But an embarrassment and embarrassing to lose 3 goals to anyone in this league? Why? Even the best teams in the world that are miles ahead in their leagues lose 3 goals from time to time. Never mind Raith Rovers ffs

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But an embarrassment and embarrassing to lose 3 goals to anyone in this league? Why? Even the best teams in the world that are miles ahead in their leagues lose 3 goals from time to time. Never mind Raith Rovers ffs

I agree with that, but there is a perception that Rovers fans as a whole are entitled and think we have some kind of devine right to win this league. 

I agree with that, but there is a perception that Rovers fans as a whole are entitled and think we have some kind of devine right to win this league. 

I don't agree with that, there are some bad ones but overall it's not bad.

Frankie boy is definitely the worst

Pretty much this.

Hilson and Baird have a rake of games and goals played at a higher level than League 1.
It's a surprise they haven't scored more this season.

33 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Were also the biggest team in the league and opposition players/ teams will raise their game against us

Incoming expected but its fact

21 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Pretty much this.

Hilson and Baird have a rake of games and goals played at a higher level than League 1.
It's a surprise they haven't scored more this season.

Hilson has scored 6 goals at championship level in something like 30 games

Baird is a different kettle of fish

28 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yes which I alluded to however he didnt score a rake of goals as you said

You didn't allude to anything, you stated a fact.

Anyway, I said Hilson AND Baird had a rake of GAMES and goals at a higher level than League 1.

Thought Forfar deserved the win. We didn’t do enough to merit the three points.  All too predictable really.

Fair play to the Forfar keeper for spraying water from his water bottle on the drunken Rovers idiot behind the goal who ran down the front to shout abuse at him after their first goal.  Highlight of the match sadly. 

Guest bernardblack

Thought Reilly was excellent yesterday. He started a bit slow but then really started to dominate in the middle of the park as the game went on.

Archived