Forfar vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Is Stevenson on decent money?

Wouldn’t say we were miles better as read in this thread. Raith had chances to win the game and wouldn’t have complained if they did.

Easton is the biy though. Cuts inside all day long and the right back shows him outside....so he goes left and sticks it in the top bin [emoji173]️

Realistically our squad is threadbare with a complete imbalance about it. A few injuries and we are always going to struggle. The board have backed mcglynn thus far and hopefully do so going forward because we won't win the league with the depth we have at the moment. 1/2 recognised players on the bench for us in mckay and buchanan who is past his best unfortunately.

@1320lichtie I'd take nesbit and flannagan over hilson and baird now. Nisbet is still the leagues top goalscorer while flannagan is a typical winger, he will have good games and bad games. When he's on form there's few better in this league than him.

Yep. In hindsight, it would maybe have been better if we binned Smith when we lost the play-off to Alloa. Recruited McGlynn then and let him do the recruiting. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.

Is Stevenson on decent money?

Wouldn’t say we were miles better as read in this thread. Raith had chances to win the game and wouldn’t have complained if they did.

Easton is the biy though. Cuts inside all day long and the right back shows him outside....so he goes left and sticks it in the top bin [emoji173]️
Stevenson is a youth player so it's unlikely he's on great money.

Guest bernardblack
Stevenson is a youth player so it's unlikely he's on great money.

Oh, for some reason I had it in my head that former Herts player Ryan Stevenson was back at Raith! Excuse me

If Hilson could finish it would have been a cricket score today, much better attitude from everyone right to the end.

Would have been a travesty if Marc had allowed them to score in the last minute as Raith deserved nothing in that 2nd half.

Fantastic to see Baird get MOTM, silencing the 'judas' mob...:lol:

Dont know what game One of the Forfar fans were watching but Forfar werent the better team. A game of 2 halfs to be honest. Rovers playing some tidy football at times where as Forfar just hoof ball up the park and deservedly Rovers were 2-1 up however 2nd half Forfar came out more determined and won the second half with more effort, commintment were as the usual Rovers attitude billy big time we are to good to lose mentality. Very disappointing as we need more dig and effort because we will match most teams with ability. Well done Forfar wanted more quite simply

Yep. In hindsight, it would maybe have been better if we binned Smith when we lost the play-off to Alloa. Recruited McGlynn then and let him do the recruiting. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.
Everyone bar the board seemed to want Smith gone after Alloa. Some of the signings he made do look good enough, Nisbet, Gillespie etc but considering sim has stated our play wasn't entertaining enough then he should have been handed his p45. It is what it is though.

Was talking to a mate of mine about this. Looking at how well Ayr have done so far and considering we lost out on the league in the last game, would anyone say with the squad we had last season we would be anywhere near as effective had we went up? With Smith in charge I think we would be giving the pars a run for being pish in that league while Falkirk would maybe give us a safety net. This width of a post pish hides alot of the inadequacies we actually had last season.

I thought bringing in Mcglynn would win us the league and at the moment I stand by that.  However that is subject to the injury list picking up a bit.

Even in defeat today I saw enough there to suggest we are a good side. Fine margins and had we been 3-1 up there could have been few complaints. Forfar were breathing out of their arse at half time as we had played at a great tempo.  

Tough to take, but it's our first defeat of the season that came after an injury forced change to shape and personnel.  Added to that a ground we are notorious for being shit at. Last season when we were beaten we were largely absolutely cunted which wasn't the case today.  Credit goes to Forfar who really upped things in the second half. 

Not our day, move on and learn from it. Arbroath will take some stopping but at this stage it's far to early to throw the towel in. 

Dominated the game until Hendry went off, then fell to absolute shit. Forfar were all over the place at times and couldn't cope with Nisbet. Didn't see enough of that second half and when you have to replace somebody of Hendry quality with Buchanan then it's telling how fucked we are with injuries.
Draw would have been a fair result over the 90 mins but Forfar looked dangerous going forward. 
Work rate was ferocious 1st half but worryingly dropped off after the break. First time standards have slipped under Mcglynn this time so interesting to see the reaction. 
Milne is absolutely horrendous, and Stevenson must be raging at being dropped for him. 
Wake up call for everyone but not terminal yet, but if Hendry is out for any length of time along with Vaughan then we are not in a great place. 
7 points is a substantial gap bit but too early to panic, but doubt we can avoid to lose much more ground. 

Totally agree the game changed after Hendry went off, but not because he was having anything like a good game, but because McGlynn changed the system and put Buchanan on up top (who was absolute murder) with Nisbet rather than keep the 3 in the middle. Should have put Berry or Stevenson on as straight swap. After the change Forfar got better as they had more bodies in the middle. As for Milne and Flanagan they both have the heart the size of a mouse, never once won a ball all game between them. Definitely 3 points thrown away. For any neutral at the game 5 very good finishes for the goals to watch tho.

Reminds me so much of when Dunfermline and even further back when Moton were in this league and how they were going to rip it up as they were the bigger clubs with a chip on their shoulder about being here took them more than a few seasons to get out.  And as it proved they were here on merit.

Out of Raith and Arbroath as much as I'd like to see Dick winning it I think McGlynn may come through in the end. 

Of course I am sure if we continue in the same vein as well we'll be in about the mix in the end.

Maybe if Forfar fans keep going on about a ‘big time attitude’ it’ll eventually appear.

Really disappointing to lose that game, we missed more than a few chances and Nisbet’s at 2-1 would’ve won the game - if he’d fallen over he would’ve surely got a penalty too. Losing Hendry felt like a turning point at the time and sadly that’s the way it proved.

Don’t think we played badly, at least until Hendry went off but even then we weren’t exactly bad. Maybe just an injury too far. The amount of goals we lose, however, is alarming. Not sure who’s to blame there but needs sorted.

Strangely, despite losing out on a title and having an - at best - underwhelming start to the season, that’s our first defeat in the league since March. The venue? Station Park. Seems to be one of those odd jinxes.

Seven points behind but strangely I don’t feel so bad. Might be blind faith but we’re going the right way.

3 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Losing 3 goals to any team in this league is poor. Could you imagine the reaction if Smith was still in charge. 

If you didn't belong in this league you would have only spent one season down here but I think you may be here longer (if I'm wrong feel free to quote me), so please stop disrespecting other teams trying to win this division, you act like you have the God given right to stroll it. 

Archived