Forfar vs. Raith Rovers

Buzzing for this, last game I was at the the Arbroath game, but genuinely feels like a life time since I’ve been at a game.

Another must win game, with Arbroath Away to Stranraer and their bubble still holding firm at the moment.

Forfar always provide a cracking cuppa tea, so there’s always silver linings if the football is rancid.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see how we get on given it is fair to say Station Park was somewhere we really struggled last season but Forfar are a team we gubbed 4-0 earlier on in the season under Barry Smith.

Don't think I will make this one unfortunately due to work :thumbsdown

Good start to Q2 with that grindy win last week. As I posted a week or so ago, I think we need a pretty high points tally of the 27 available in Q2 - making this a game we really need to be winning. 

Our recent record at Forfar has been disgusting, however. But, with SJM at the helm now I'm hoping out shitebaggery away from home will be firmly booted to f**k. And on that note, I have far more confidence in how we will defend, how hard we will work and how are attitude will be now under McGlynn. I also think the Regan Hendry/Nat Wedderburn partnership should mean we don't get bullied and can dictate more of the ball than we previously have away from home.

Hopefully Vaughan is back in the starting line up. It will be interesting to see who we play RB (with Mathews and young Watson the two likely candidates I would imagine). 

Going to tentatively predict a win with Nesbit scoring again and Flanagan creating plenty.

3 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Don't think I will make this one unfortunately due to work :thumbsdown

Good start to Q2 with that grindy win last week. As I posted a week or so ago, I think we need a pretty high points tally of the 27 available in Q2 - making this a game we really need to be winning. 

Our recent record at Forfar has been disgusting, however. But, with SJM at the helm now I'm hoping out shitebaggery away from home will be firmly booted to f**k. And on that note, I have far more confidence in how we will defend, how hard we will work and how are attitude will be now under McGlynn. I also think the Regan Hendry/Nat Wedderburn partnership should mean we don't get bullied and can dictate more of the ball than we previously have away from home.

Hopefully Vaughan is back in the starting line up. It will be interesting to see who we play RB (with Mathews and young Watson the two likely candidates I would imagine). 

Going to tentatively predict a win with Nesbit scoring again and Flanagan creating plenty.

Would expect Duggan to be back fit for this one as well, so at least a few available options, hopefully.

I don’t think ive ever seen us win at Forfar to be honest, we really have an utterly disgusting record there.

I’ve said it a few times, but one of our main failings in recent seasons has been we’ve been too soft, and the game in March at Forfar was such an occasion where we were completely bullied. 

Whilst its too early to panic about results elsewhere, the form of both East Fife and Arbroath cant be ignored and we really need to be looking to win our next two games with the derby coming up afterwards. Minimum requirement is to keep up with them and see where we end up at the end of Q2. With both teams playing tough away games this weekend before playing each other, this could potentially give us a room to make a bit of ground should we do our own job. Shaping up to be a fantastic battle even at this stage though.

I’ve no problem with young Watson at Right Back, did well on Sat and allows us to keep Matthews in the midfield.

Forfar were absolutely minging a few weeks back but at Station Park this will be a different type of test.

Over the 3 games under Mcglynn we have faced 3 very different scenarios and had to put in 3 very different performances, and adapting to different situations seems to be a big part of Mcglynns preparation, so im quietly confident.

14 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Buzzing for this, last game I was at the the Arbroath game, but genuinely feels like a life time since I’ve been at a game.

Another must win game, with Arbroath Away to Stranraer and their bubble still holding firm at the moment.

Forfar always provide a cracking cuppa tea, so there’s always silver linings if the football is rancid.

The bridie situation is very different, I've tried Saddlers and McLarens and both were a bit meh.

Talking of disappointments in Forfar, Gammies is not what you might think it is.

Murray should be available for this match so it'll be another week before the debate over who plays right back is required.

As mentioned our recent record at Forfar is atrocious and needless to say we'll need to improve on that. There was also that 5-2 hammering up there under Dalziel.

Hopefully Vaughan is fit and if so he can come in for Stevenson, with Duggan an option on the bench.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

The bridie situation is very different, I've tried Saddlers and McLarens and both were a bit meh.

Talking of disappointments in Forfar, Gammies is not what you might think it is.

But the steak pies are Barri gadge. 

Up there with our's, East Fife's and Arbroath's. 

Cameron’s the fish shop surprisingly does the best bridies in Forfar in my opinion!
It’s on Castle Street, 5 minute walk from the ground!

On 22/10/2018 at 08:35, Enigma said:

Interesting to see how we get on given it is fair to say Station Park was somewhere we really struggled last season but Forfar are a team we gubbed 4-0 earlier on in the season under Barry Smith.

We’ve constantly struggled at Station Park

Murray isn't a right back so I think we'll be fine. I rate him as a CB, but ultimately Jason Thomson left and wasn't replaced leaving us where we are. 

We looked a bit light on the bench last Saturday so if we can get anyone back for this that would be excellent. 

John Baird suffered the cruel indignity of his standard goal against us being ruled out for offside last time, so I expect him to make amends. 

I don’t think McGlynn will even risk bringing him back early, he won’t be seen again until he’s 100%. He’s too important for us. Also, by the time he’s back, the clocks will have turned, so could be great timing. Will be interesting to see what we end up playing when he returns also, possible 433.
How’s it no Saturday yet by the way...!

Don't think Vaughan will be available on Saturday, spoke with him at game against Stranraer and he reckoned couple of weeks.  Hopefully Duggan will be in the squad, could do with another striker fit and playing.  Fingers crossed Nisbet carries on scoring goals, he's certainly banging them in on a regular basis but would be great to have someone else up front to help.  Last time up at Forfar under Smith was one of the worst games I saw us play so anything would be an improvement.  :thumsup2

Archived