Calling Cards of Morons

11 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

I didn’t see the title in the app on my phone. But thank you. I also liked it.

Cheers. Incase it isn’t clear I posted it due to the excellent use of the perfectly cromulent term “yous”.

Writing "are" instead of "our".
As in "These are the days of are lives".
I know its a music video but still, I seen a music video yesterday which had the lyrics to the song rolling along in it.

Trying to has seemingly become "tryna"

It seems at times that folk are trying to condense language as much as possible.

Soon we'll all be reduced to communicating in yelps, barks and squeaks.

That's handy for me though, as I can recite all 50 US states in less than a quarter of a second.

People who spend today (International Woman's Day) loudly asking anyone who will listen when international men's day is. 
It's November 19th. 

Thanks Richard Herring (check his twitter work, this is usually his busiest day of the year)

On 3/7/2019 at 10:44, Hedgecutter said:

As far as I'm concerned, there's a fundamental difference between what I could call 'dialect grammar' and what is simply 'bad grammar'. 

For example, "you's headin' out the 'moro wi' they two?" could be pretty standard where I grew up, but importantly, everybody knows that it should be "are you heading out tomorrow with those two?". 

This is still acceptable in my book seeing as it's a recognised form of sentence structure, at least at a local dialect level anyway.  Put in a particular (say formal business) situation, you could easily jump out of it, knocking out a chunk of your vocabulary in the process. 

On the other hand, "They is heading out" would be an example of 'bad grammar' seeing as nobody else ever says that.  'Bad grammar' is completely unacceptable and shocking behaviour that should be called out by the pedant police regardless of time and place (requires an education about the local linguistics in order to differentiate of course).  

"Advise for away supporters entering the stadium:

Alloa Athletic have adopted a robust and thorough search policy for spectators entering the stadium, especially in relation to pyro’s & controlled containers. All bags will be searched and spectators may also be subject to search. Any supporter who refuses to be searched will not be permitted to enter the stadium. No supporter will be admitted to the stadium who are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol"

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Alloa_v_DAFC_-_Supporters_Information&ID=11130

I'm seething at that. The use of the incorrect word (twice), a superfluous apostrophe and a lack of a full stop.

All utterly unforgivable. 

Edited by DA Baracus

"Advise for away supporters entering the stadium:

Alloa Athletic have adopted a robust and thorough search policy for spectator's entering the stadium, especially in relation to pyro’s & controlled container's. All bag's will be searched and spectator's may also be subject to search. Any supporter who refuse's to be searched will not be permitted to enter the stadium. No supporter will be admitted to the stadium who are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol"
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Alloa_v_DAFC_-_Supporters_Information&ID=11130