Jump to content
Highland Capital

Calling Cards of Morons

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Clothes brand snobs.

#primarkrules

Anyone obsessed with a brand is a moron. I once saw a Nike swoosh tattoo on a guys leg, and he was Asian. Made me wonder if he was branded in a sweat shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Anyone obsessed with a brand is a moron. I once saw a Nike swoosh tattoo on a guys leg, and he was Asian. Made me wonder if he was branded in a sweat shop.

In a previous employment I once visited a textile factory in India where they were manufacturing  jeans .

The denim came off the same loom for M&S, Levi’s, Diesel, Next and CK.

The only main different was the branding by labels, buttons, zips which added cost accordingly.

The  guy who owned the factory couldn’t believe how moronic some people were , paying the extra cost on basically the same item, just by the addition of a few labels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

In a previous employment I once visited a textile factory in India where they were manufacturing  jeans .

The denim came off the same loom for M&S, Levi’s, Diesel, Next and CK.

The only main different was the branding by labels, buttons, zips which added cost accordingly.

The  guy who owned the factory couldn’t believe how moronic some people were , paying the extra cost on basically the same item, just by the addition of a few labels 

I struggle to believe this because there is a relatively famous case involving restrictive covenants where a restrictive covenant of two years worldwide was found to be valid for a guy who was moving from Wrangler to Levi Strauss and knew a lot of Wrangler trade secrets regarding manufacturing. Restrictive covenants are presumed to be invalid and it’s up to the former employer to prove they are not and they need to justify both the timescale and the geographical extent. Suggests there is a bit more to jeans manufacture than every c**t getting the same pair.

Also, the Levis I have on say they were made in Bulgaria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The OP said:

I struggle to believe this because there is a relatively famous case involving restrictive covenants where a restrictive covenant of two years worldwide was found to be valid for a guy who was moving from Wrangler to Levi Strauss and knew a lot of Wrangler trade secrets regarding manufacturing. Restrictive covenants are presumed to be invalid and it’s up to the former employer to prove they are not and they need to justify both the timescale and the geographical extent. Suggests there is a bit more to jeans manufacture than every c**t getting the same pair.

Also, the Levis I have on say they were made in Bulgaria.

Maybe the Indian factory were producing fakes :o

Eta . There is also a grey area between “ made “ and “produced”.

The material for a product can be made in one country , but the final product can be made/ assembled in another .Its then legal to say “ made “ in that country , even although components may have been produced in another 

 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Maybe the Indian factory were producing fakes :o

Other thing that occurs is that if you ask a slave in the field whether cotton socks and a cotton suit would be the same thing they’d reckon so as it all comes from the stuff they pick.

I do find, when it comes to jeans, certain types are less likely to shrink or fade or come apart in anyway and just look better for whatever intangible reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The OP said:

Other thing that occurs is that if you ask a slave in the field whether cotton socks and a cotton suit would be the same thing they’d reckon so as it all comes from the stuff they pick.

I do find, when it comes to jeans, certain types are less likely to shrink or fade or come apart in anyway and just look better for whatever intangible reason.

Only saying what I saw .

All the denim was coming off the same batch,

Styling, cutting., stitching ,finishing etc may have varied in quality , but the denim was the same for all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Maybe the Indian factory were producing fakes :o

 

 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Or the factory you visited was producing knock offs.

What I said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Maybe the Indian factory were producing fakes :o

Eta . There is also a grey area between “ made “ and “produced”.

The material for a product can be made in one country , but the final product can be made/ assembled in another .Its then legal to say “ made “ in that country , even although components may have been produced in another 

 

What was your job if you were sent to look at a factory and you're not sure if they were producing fakes or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What was your job if you were sent to look at a factory and you're not sure if they were producing fakes or not?

Baldwin's+2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What was your job if you were sent to look at a factory and you're not sure if they were producing fakes or not?

I was a buyer 

The factory I went to was used by a manufacturer of kitchen textiles who produced the cotton material to his specification 

The jean manufacturing was seen as part of an overall factory tour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Denim knickers would chafe a bit I would imagine.

That was his next business, Underworld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who has ever posted in the politics forum of P&B = certified moron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I was a buyer 

The factory I went to was used by a manufacturer of kitchen textiles who produced the cotton material to his specification 

The jean manufacturing was seen as part of an overall factory tour 

 

49 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

The  guy who owned the factory couldn’t believe how moronic some people were , paying the extra cost on basically the same item, just by the addition of a few labels 

Just a bit surprised that the owner would brag about this to a stranger if he was making knock offs, as seems likely. If it ever happened.

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

 

Just a bit surprised that the owner would brag about this to a stranger if he was making knock offs, as seems likely. If it ever happened.

You’ve obviously never visited factories in India , China , Thailand.

Many of them openly brag about being able to copy other brands and don’t really give a f**k who knows about it , as they think it may impress in some way.

I can assure you ,it happened, whether you choose to believe it or not is entirely up to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

You’ve obviously never visited factories in India , China , Thailand.

Many of them openly brag about being able to copy other brands and don’t really give a f**k who knows about it , as they think it may impress in some way.

I can assure you ,it happened, whether you choose to believe it or not is entirely up to you 

The b*****ds are putting the wrong labels on. Everyone knows I'm a 32. This shite I'm wearing says 38.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...