Calling Cards of Morons

6 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Well it's true. Celebrate your birthday two months early do you?? 

No, I agree with the sentiment - but it's an annual bout of inane moronic conversation - "it seems to be earlier every year doesn't it?" and all that.

If someone actually said "I love christmas, and am delighted to see all the Santa related tat in the shops in October, with a nice Greg Lake tune playing" I'd probably welcome it more.

Think this may have been mentioned already, maybe even by me, but folk from up here who speak to their Weegie auntie on the phone and start talking in the broadest Weegie accent ever to her.  Despite being Invernessian with an Invernessian accent.

I love calling people out on this.  

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

start talking in the broadest Weegie accent ever

Calling everyone big this or wee that............weegies seem to have an obsession with the physical stature of people when referring to them.  It's a tad moronic it has to be said.

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Calling everyone big this or wee that............weegies seem to have an obsession with the physical stature of people when referring to them.  It's a tad moronic it has to be said.

Also adding 'but' to the end of a sentence.

17 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Not just everyone, but everything.

A wee cup of tea with a wee slice of toast. “Want a wee spoon o sugar in that”.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Always found it funny how annoyed teuchters get at this stuff. Sure, you see some central belters slagging off teuchters for saying "ken" but you rarely here of folk getting annoyed about it, more a light ribbing. Why do weegies annoy you so much?

In almost my whole life up here a Teuchtur has never said ken. That's a Perth,  Edinburgh,  Aberdeen saying.

4 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

In almost my whole life up here a Teuchtur has never said ken. That's a Perth,  Edinburgh,  Aberdeen saying.

I don't really want to argue over the semantics of where Teuchters begin and end, I'm just curious as to why the way weegies talk causes annoyance among many up north.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's no laughing matter Dan. I'm stage 4 terminal coeliac. All those whining about their health problems elsewhere don't know their born. I haven’t had a decent piece in years.

The Aussies are coming up with a cure apparently and need volunteers for a stage 2 test. To qualify all you have to do is pull a greasy stick out of a wet drongo's arse to prove you're not a whinging pom. 

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/coeliac-disease-vaccine-trial-melbourne-gluten/

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Aussies are coming up with a cure apparently and need volunteers for a stage 2 test. To qualify all you have to do is pull a greasy stick out of a wet drongo's arse to prove you're not a whinging pom. 

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/coeliac-disease-vaccine-trial-melbourne-gluten/

It's too late for me but hopefully others will benefit. I'll t continue to aid medical science by investigating the impact of gluten in beer.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's too late for me but hopefully others will benefit. I'll t continue to aid medical science by investigating the impact of gluten in beer.

In theory, could you demand a strict diet of nothing but olives and gluten free Stoli? 

On 28/11/2018 at 20:24, Highland Capital said:

Give their service to mass chain stores like Starbucks, Costa and Greggs when far better local independent places are available.

I agree with the sentiment entirely but you can't get a roll n links (genuine hp sauce) and a perfectly serviceable black coffee for £2 anywhere else in town. I've been developing a habit.

Always found it funny how annoyed teuchters get at this stuff. Sure, you see some central belters slagging off teuchters for saying "ken" but you rarely here of folk getting annoyed about it, more a light ribbing. Why do weegies annoy you so much?

Not sure where exactly you are classing as teuchters - is it everywhere outside of gallus glesga land?

I most certainly live in a hybrid of teuchterland and white settler gentrification now - having been born and brought up a “toonser”

Annoyed is not the word - there’s a thread for that.

Just glad we don’t need to consider who’s big and who’s wee when talking about them.........all part of the nasal whine of the self-appointed patter kings from the weej.....so it is, but