Calling Cards of Morons

FWIW IMO the whole black friday thing seems to have dropped off when compared to a couple of years ago.

That or I'm becoming much better at filtering the shit out ;) 

But yes, anyone with sense buys what they need, when they need it whilst getting the best deal they can. Not when dictated to by every kunt adopting yet another shite americanism. 

44 minutes ago, banana said:

Quite.

Where definition is often difficult, a Smell Test is useful. 1/4 in poverty is horseshit, and outright propaganda.

Measuring poverty as relative within a population is another implementation of the (in)equality scam industry that plagues much of the West. There will always be inequality, so in this case there will always be 'poverty' and 'destitution'. Tweak the parameters when needed to keep the scam and moral/political gravy train going.

relative poverty does affect people's happiness though.

It isn't defined as being in the bottom 25% but below a % of median income.

You could acheive zero poverty on this measure with appropriate policies if the political will was there. 

It is possible to have zero poverty on this metric without adressing inequalty at any other level.

The fact that no government has said that they aim to have zero poverty suggests that they and voters think that some level of poverty is acceptable.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

What about if it's something you would like, not necessarily need, and wait for these sales to save a bit instead of paying more. Financial prudence isn't a bad thing.

That's my take on this.  I wanted to buy an Amazon Echo as a present for someone when I got paid this month.  Think it was £90 or something last week, so held off until today to see if it was any cheaper.  Clocked it at £55 this morning, which was a pretty decent saving.  I also bought my son a game for his Nintendo Switch which will accompany his other present for his birthday next month, but was always a game I was going to buy as he had specifically asked for it.  Was released last week and most places were selling it for £45, I got it for £40.99 today.

Also signed up for Prime (free 30 day trial) last week so I am getting free fast track delivery on anything I buy between now and just before Christmas.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll see your Walsall and raise you Wolverhampton.

Lower surely?

The current wife used to live in wolverhampton for a bit (about 3 centuries ago) and still regales me with tales of the Silver Web nightclub. It didn’t sound in any way gay at all.

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Out of choice?

Yes. Like most other citties it's had a bit of money spent on it and there are a lot of fairly new shops, bars and resteraunts. I can't speak for the surrounding area but the city centre itself was fine.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, Shotgun wedding.

Shut it you.

Edited by Romeo

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Yes. Like most other citties it's had a bit of money spent on it and there are a lot of fairly new shops, bars and resteraunts. I can't speak for the surrounding area but the city centre itself was fine.

Shut it you.

You're happy now, that's the main thing.