Calling Cards of Morons

On 04/04/2023 at 07:56, Bairnardo said:

100% with you here. I'm absolutely not interested in, nor am I going to pander to your crabbit b*****dness. Keep it to yourself. 

I had a gig on Thursday and asked to sort a cash box for the door with one of the bar staff and I honestly thought the guy was ready to lamp me, he made out that my request was that of a disabled person and stood less than a foot away from me, staring at me waiting for my response. There were 2 folk standing next to me and both were just stood there saying what the f**k. I understand folk working in a small bar at a gig they probably won't enjoy would probably rather be anywhere else but I was just politely asking him for a box, a fairly standard request evidenced by him marching away and getting me one within a few minutes. 

On 04/04/2023 at 08:25, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Haha, my old man used to do this and barmen never questioned it.

Think they must still get it from the older generations.

I used to work in a bar in the early 1990s. Folk used to ask for a pint of Tennents. 

"Lager or Special?" 

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

`Pint of Lager please' just means whatever's cheapest, you youngsters should stick to your fruity ciders and alcopops if you find that confusing. ^_^

I missed a connecting flight in Dublin last year and had 5 hours to waste wairing for the next one. Went to the bar and asked for a lager shandy (was still a tad fragile and had a drouth) and when the barman asked which lager I replied "the cheapest" given it was a shandy. The barmans response was swift and true "this is Dublin airport, there are no cheap beers". Heineken was marginally the cheapest but it still cost the guts of £7 !

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Not being American but referring to shops as 'stores'.

Granny Bam (born 1905 and unlikely to have been unduly influenced by anything American) used to talk about going down to "The Store" referring to the wee Co-op down the road. 

On 04/04/2023 at 08:25, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Haha, my old man used to do this and barmen never questioned it.

Think they must still get it from the older generations.

In my local when someone asks for a lager they get given a pint of Tennents. As someone else said it’s usually the cheapest lager on draft. Similar to asking for a gin and tonic, if you don’t specify what gin you want then the barman will usually pour you a Gordon’s. 

18 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I missed a connecting flight in Dublin last year and had 5 hours to waste wairing for the next one. Went to the bar and asked for a lager shandy (was still a tad fragile and had a drouth) and when the barman asked which lager I replied "the cheapest" given it was a shandy. The barmans response was swift and true "this is Dublin airport, there are no cheap beers". Heineken was marginally the cheapest but it still cost the guts of £7 !

If it was the Marquette Bar, I owe them more than a pint for the waiter turning up at my gate with my passport and green card that I’d managed to leave sitting on the table. 

People who dress their weans up in costume and/or just take 1 billion photos to share of them 'enjoying their first Easter'. This seems to be a very recent development:

- Your baby is incapable of abstract thought: they're 'enjoying' f**k all about it. They can't even eat an Easter Egg FFS. 

- Easter is not a family occasion, it is just a long weekend for some bevvy with some extra football on TV.

Birthday caird pish has no place in this once-proud holiday.

1517853222_RpaYRMeapf0X(2).gif.37083e05fe45b65b53d44333b76328c4.gif

1 hour ago, virginton said:

People who dress their weans up in costume and/or just take 1 billion photos to share of them 'enjoying their first Easter'. This seems to be a very recent development:

- Your baby is incapable of abstract thought: they're 'enjoying' f**k all about it. They can't even eat an Easter Egg FFS. 

- Easter is not a family occasion, it is just a long weekend for some bevvy with some extra football on TV.

Block/ unfollow/ unfriend them and move on.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Calm the f**k down. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Damn right. Easter outfits for the family pets only. Now they REALLY enjoy Easter.

11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

People who try and justify their bad habits by using other people's health.  Just because your neighbour spent their whole life smoking, drinking and having a terrible diet yet lived to 106 doesn't mean you should.

See also 'They never smoked or drank, really looked after themselves, dropped dead at...'

I am posting this as a placeholder for moronic behaviour I can guarantee to see later today - 

I have to go for an x-ray at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, and its nailed on that there will be people outside having a fag while simultaneously rocking a mobile intravenous drip (or even better the ones being pushed in a wheelchair, one legged after an amputation).