Calling Cards of Morons

16 hours ago, Empty It said:

Calling everyone bro.

I posted about this the other day. I get my hair cut in a "cool" barbers (I just prefer the ambience) but holy shit. You walk in and I only know K. Everybody fistbumps you. "Alright bro". You then sit in the chair and everybody speaks and joins in each others conversations - again, which I like. You get a good laugh.. but every single sentence - or half sentence - has bro in it. It was 'mate' ten years ago and that done my tits in. This is tenfold worse. 

20 hours ago, mathematics said:

There’s a new Higher in Application of Mathematics. One third of this is on “financial mathematics”. 

However, this isn’t yet taught at all schools (it’s not like the maths teachers didn’t have enough work to do) and not all kids will choose it.

There will be plenty of unassessed financial stuff taught though. Problem is that those that ready need to listen will be too busy plugging conducting wires into the electrical sockets.

My great uncle was a maths teacher, and in the 70s he had to teach a class to those who were going to be leaving at 16, which involved some financial stuff like compund interest and stuff like that.

In a lesson on insurance, the example was a care plan for damages to a carpet. He asked the class what you would to do if they spilt red wine on a light coloured rug. One of the girls said "Claim the insurance sir". He followed up with "And what happens then?", to which she replied "We take it round to my auntie's house, and she claims it on her insurance as well".

20 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

People who continue with voluble mobile conversations while dealing with a shop assistant or bank teller or paying the bus driver.

I would add to the mobile phone morons people who hold their phone horizontally in front of them as they chat away walking down the street - fucking idiots

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I posted about this the other day. I get my hair cut in a "cool" barbers (I just prefer the ambience) but holy shit. You walk in and I only know K. Everybody fistbumps you. "Alright bro". You then sit in the chair and everybody speaks and joins in each others conversations - again, which I like. You get a good laugh.. but every single sentence - or half sentence - has bro in it. It was 'mate' ten years ago and that done my tits in. This is tenfold worse. 

But you joined in bro 

🤜🤛

35 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I would add to the mobile phone morons people who hold their phone horizontally in front of them as they chat away walking down the street - fucking idiots

There’s a noticeable trend of people having out loud FaceTime conversations in public. f**k knows why.

What I came here to post - people who when talking about facing a good football team, say that such and such team “can be got at”.

There’s sometimes a bit of truth in it, but whenever I hear/read that phrase I assume the person behind it is a simpleton.

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

In the second class they actually cover topics including credit cards, debit cards, cheques, and loans.

Cheques?! The US is a strange place! Although at least you spelled it correctly.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

If the Barbers doesn't have a mixture of young lads, old coffin Dodgers and workies, hasn't been decorated since Queen Victoria's jubilee, the scissors look like they would give you bubonic plague and the barber has two styles- 1950s teddy boy DA or short back and sides then it's poncy 

See Edinburgh institution Woods for example 

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

There’s a noticeable trend of people having out loud FaceTime conversations in public. f**k knows why.

I've been on the train more often recently, and there are definitely more loud FaceTime conversations being made by folk who are very keen for the carriage to know that they're on an very important business call that can't wait for a more suitable location.

Every one I've heard so far could be summarised as, "yes, I still agree with the decision we made at the meeting yesterday," but seems to go on forever. The person they're calling always sounds bored as f**k too.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Cheques?! The US is a strange place! Although at least you spelled it correctly.

My MIL came over a few years ago and none of her credit cards used Chip & PIN. She said it was something you had to request from the bank and pay extra, so she was going to request they send out new cards when she got home.

Presumably they'd be sent out by carrier pigeon.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Can't have facetimes into ears. I'm a caller. Hate texting (but love posting on here, weirdly). It's good to see faces to gauge reactions etc. People that want to communicate primarily or only through text can't be trusted.

I say writing on an Internet forum.

22 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Can't have facetimes into ears. I'm a caller. Hate texting (but love posting on here, weirdly). It's good to see faces to gauge reactions etc. People that want to communicate primarily or only through text can't be trusted.

I say writing on an Internet forum.

my heart sinks whenever I get a call. I am happy meeting people in person but message at all other times or leave WA voice messages. Will only call/talk to my mum on the phone. I have a friend who calls all the time in lieu of brief WA messages:

me on WA: we meeting Saturday? 

him: phones back immediately "aye, in toon etc etc 1pm?"

me on Saturday on WA to (re)confirm: see you at 1pm

him phones back to (re)confirm

and so the merry dance continues with me missing 80% of his calls intentionally as all he has to do was WA a response saying "yes/no". The nutter. 

21 hours ago, virginton said:

Colour me shocked that the biggest village idiot in all of Texas has added pop psychology and 1950s-style 'family values' rap lectures to the tedious repertoire. 

Wonder which of the corrections I posted caused P&B’s resident know-it-all misogynistic troll to decided to stalk me?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yea, but it still occurs. I actually just wrote one Thursday, to buy a car at a stealership…they wanted 4% extra to use a credit card, and that was enough to make me pay “cash”. And before you lot pile on with the rich talk, it was a 2010 Corolla.

People on this forum complaining that A View From The Terrace has a panel member who supports Celtic or Rangers and have a similar hissy fit if there is an occasional piece on either club.

Hilarious absolute fucking wet wipe behaviour, get a life.

On 12/03/2023 at 11:41, Highland Capital said:

This is another good one - people who feel they need to keep up with the Joneses.  Perhaps they think it makes them more impressive in the eyes of those they see as above them.  It's like people who insist on driving instead of using public transport or refuse to fly EasyJet or Ryanair because they think it's beneath them.  

This includes people in business who think driving is real work and public transport is not.

They would drive from Inverness to the centre of Edinburgh to attend a meeting.  When they got back they would complain about the weather making it difficult to drive, other drivers, lorries, caravans, speed restrictions, speed cameras, roadworks, traffic cones, traffic jams, traffic lights, potholes, bad parking, lack of parking and how expensive it is to park in Edinburgh.  Not to mention working late on their laptop to finish off their powerpoint presentation.

If you then suggest taking the train next time, they look at you like you have two heads.