Calling Cards of Morons

17 hours ago, philpy said:

People who can't pronounce the names of shops properly. "Asda's", "Tesco's", "Lidl's", "Aldi's", B&M's". No you morons, none of the shops have an "s" at the end, so fucking stop it.  There's a wee village along the road called "whitecraig", and people will sometimes refer to it as "whitecraigs" 😟

Back in the day it was Willie Low's instead of William Low.

Which is sort of correct I suppose 

Ach, ma Granny just used to say "I'm going to the store" which avoided any unnecessary esses.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Claiming to be an "influencer" as if it's an actual job. In fact claiming to be an influencer full stop.

Booked into our hotel the other week and two young lassies (late teens I'd guess) went to reception after us and the guy asked what they do for a living*. And they responded with "Social media". That's the modern world for you. I want to scream "get a job!" but the sad reality is they'll likely be raking in a fortune. 

* Quite an odd starter question when I think back to it. 

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Ach, ma Granny just used to say "I'm going to the store" which avoided any unnecessary esses.

Reported your Granny for racism

6 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

Tbf,they take in a fortune 

The real morons are the ones who follow these people&enable them 

I wonder if they do.  Sure, the top ones will be making a few quid but the majority next to nada.  The odd free lunch and cheap hotel toom maybe. 

For many I bet it's a euphemism for unemployed. 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Booked into our hotel the other week and two young lassies (late teens I'd guess) went to reception after us and the guy asked what they do for a living*. And they responded with "Social media". That's the modern world for you. I want to scream "get a job!" but the sad reality is they'll likely be raking in a fortune. 

* Quite an odd starter question when I think back to it. 

DM for collab

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I wonder if they do.  Sure, the top ones will be making a few quid but the majority next to nada.  The odd free lunch and cheap hotel toom maybe. 

For many I bet it's a euphemism for unemployed. 

I have my doubts that they do as well ,apart from a small number. Its in the interests of the social media sites to imply that loads are making big money. Its like drug dealing theres some make good money and do that over time but most are skint within a few years. 

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

If you do a little digging on a lot of YouTubers and influencer types you find a fair chunk of them come from very privileged backgrounds.  

So rich enough to not rely on it and probably inflate how much they actually earn. Then too many believe its a real career. 

7 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

If you do a little digging on a lot of YouTubers and influencer types you find a fair chunk of them come from very privileged backgrounds.  

Bit of a shocker that people who spend their lives making internet videos for buttons might have independent wealth, eh?  :P

I wonder if I can be an influencer.

I mean I've been to Volunteer Park twice this year, it's a nice stadium, Armadale play good football and they have a variety of pies.

There, that might put one or two on their next gate 

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I mean I've been to Volunteer Park twice this year, it's a nice stadium, Armadale play good football and they have a variety of pies.

I'd imagine various clothes companies will pay you not to wear their gear.

On 10/03/2023 at 08:09, highlandcowden said:

Tbf,they take in a fortune 

The real morons are the ones who follow these people&enable them 

The guy 'trektrendy' appeared on my YouTube list the other day, I challenge anyone to watch more than two minutes of one of his videos and not come to the conclusion that he's a completely smug bell end. I've no idea why anyone would want to watch his content. 

On 09/03/2023 at 13:53, AuAl said:

Aye, this. See it all the time now. This was a prime example for me of just not understanding what was said and going straight to crazy gammon outrage. From a couple of years ago.

"I think every racist and anti-Semite pretty much probably voted for Brexit"

Cue rage.

- "I'm offended" .....I think you should apologise"

"To who? The racists and anti-Semites?"

the way that lurch lookin murrafucca just stares is brilliant.

A mate pays nigh on £80 a month for a gym membership the opposite end of the city. He says it's because it has squash court, badminton and an indoor and outdoor pool. He can't swim, he never plays the other two.

He also pays £350 a month for a car he does about 50 miles on a month. 

On 10/03/2023 at 23:18, tamthebam said:

Pies you say? You might have an audience for that until they realise that that word doesn't actually mean what they think it means

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

A mate pays nigh on £80 a month for a gym membership the opposite end of the city. He says it's because it has squash court, badminton and an indoor and outdoor pool. He can't swim, he never plays the other two.

He also pays £350 a month for a car he does about 50 miles on a month. 

This is another good one - people who feel they need to keep up with the Joneses.  Perhaps they think it makes them more impressive in the eyes of those they see as above them.  It's like people who insist on driving instead of using public transport or refuse to fly EasyJet or Ryanair because they think it's beneath them.